Need help with my TexJet 4260 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > TexJet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Polyprint TexJet DTG owners.

Need help with my TexJet 4260

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 25th, 2012 Aug 25, 2012 6:04:12 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Need help with my TexJet 4260

Ok, I'm at a complete loss as to where to have my printer fixed. It's a TexJet 4260, based on the Epson 4800, 8 channel printer. Basically, the same or similar to the Melco Jet, G2 etc. I tried to adjust the platen height but it just made noise but didn't move. I tried the up/down buttons, but it wouldn't move. So, I finally tried the Auto adjust and it started moving up but I couldn't stop it before the platen hit the frame and jammed. I unplugged it to stop it, but when I plugged it back in, the platen wouldn't budge and the buttons on the control panel do nothing. Where should I start? I need help! btw, yes, I know these were made in Greece, but I'm in the USA on the west coast and it isn't cost effective to send it to them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 29th, 2012 Aug 29, 2012 12:38:23 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Andrei

Default Re: Need help with my TexJet 4260

Hi there,

We had a smilar problem awhile ago. We replaced the platen with a kids one and pressed the Auto button. The platen jammed in the frame. I can help you with that part. You will have to find some screwdrivers and take off your platen. You will have to take off everything until you reach the platen engine and with a french key, you will have to rotate downwards until you can do it with your hand. If the platen did not stop on Auto, when it reached the sensors, you might have some problems with it. Is it an Adult tees platen?

Old August 29th, 2012 Aug 29, 2012 12:53:23 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Hi, Andrei
Yes, that is what I ended up doing and everything is working fine now. It is an adult size platen and it was on automatic when I pulled the plug, so the motor wouldn't turn. I removed the platen and then the motor from the base. With the motor still connected I plugged the printer back on and was able to re-start the printer and move the platen to the back. At that point I was able to lower the platen down and move it back to the front where I re-assembled it. I had just got the printer back from being refurbished and had never used it before. I bought it non-working. I didn't realize the correct start up procedure as I didn't have much info when I bought it and the manual I have wasn't very clear. But within a couple of days I've figured it out and now I have it working great. btw, I'd like to find a youth size platen. Did you make yours or did you buy it? Thanks..

Last edited by Zippy Doodah; August 29th, 2012 at 01:05 PM..

Old August 29th, 2012 Aug 29, 2012 1:02:17 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Great news. We bought our first one refurbished and had all kind of problems with it. We managed to fix them all. In the meantime we got new printers. But if you have any issues with it, you can contact me. I can help you with almost anything Texjet related

The Following User Says Thank You to AndreiFyves For This Useful Post:
Zippy Doodah (August 29th, 2012)
Old August 29th, 2012 Aug 29, 2012 1:14:28 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiFyves
Great news. We bought our first one refurbished and had all kind of problems with it. We managed to fix them all. In the meantime we got new printers. But if you have any issues with it, you can contact me. I can help you with almost anything Texjet related
Thanks! It seems difficult to find anyone to talk about TexJet printers. I think it is a very good printer. In practicing, I've just been printing CMYK. I use EKPrint Studio RIP as I didn't get the RIP with the machine. I have experimented with different RIP settings and have come up with some very good graphic prints on white shirts, but I'm not impressed with photographs. What is the secret to printing a photograph and getting a sharp print?

Old August 29th, 2012 Aug 29, 2012 1:23:06 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I use their RIP software and it has some features for the amount of white it should use. I use 85% white for photographs on black tees. On whites, i have no problems with photos. Also , are u creating the mask with photosjop or with the RIP software?

Old August 29th, 2012 Aug 29, 2012 1:36:05 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
I use their RIP software and it has some features for the amount of white it should use. I use 85% white for photographs on black tees. On whites, I have no problems with photos. Also , are u creating the mask with photosjop or with the RIP software?
I open the graphic in the RIP and make settings there. I don't understand the Text and Text2 setttings, yet. What do you mean the mask? For printing white? I'm not printing white yet, but will give it a try soon. I create most of my graphics in Photoshop. I also have CorelDraw Suite X5 and I'm trying to get better with it. When I print a photo it seems too dark. I use the Photo setting and 75% ink with a Light ink drop, and it seems dark.

Old August 29th, 2012 Aug 29, 2012 1:39:01 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

DO you use the right profiles? Have you tried to save the pic in CMYK format?

Old August 29th, 2012 Aug 29, 2012 1:51:00 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
DO you use the right profiles? Have you tried to save the pic in CMYK format?
I'm using everything as default, right now. This is something that I'm a little confused about. ICC profiles and wheather to create/change the graphic or photo to RGB the default or CMYK. How do you decide? If you create a graphic in Photoshop, what do you use as far as dpi and rgb or cmyk? I have found different settings seem to come out better when I print 7 or 8 samples on one shirt for comparison. I try to remember to wright them down, but they don't work on everything.

Old August 29th, 2012 Aug 29, 2012 1:55:02 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Tomorrow when i am at the office, I will look for the color profiles I have from polyprint and i can email them to you. You can then insert them into your RIP software and use the same ones in Photoshop or CorelDraw. Do you have all the manuals from polyprint?(setting up profiles and so on)

Old August 29th, 2012 Aug 29, 2012 2:06:57 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Tomorrow when i am at the office, I will look for the color profiles I have from polyprint and i can email them to you. You can then insert them into your RIP software and use the same ones in Photoshop or CorelDraw. Do you have all the manuals from polyprint?(setting up profiles and so on)
Thanks Andre, for all your help. I just pm'd you with my email address. I did get the manual with the printer. It has a lot of good basic information, but nothing really technical as far as print quality and adjustments.

Old August 29th, 2012 Aug 29, 2012 2:20:06 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

..actually, I did find some information in the manual about ICC profiles. It says not to change an RGB photo to CMYK. It also says the Polyprint RIP uses its own ICC profiles for the best image. They would probably work best in my EK RIP. It also, says to save vector graphics as CMYK, as they don't need ICC information. Must be why my Graphics looked better than the photos.

Old August 29th, 2012 Aug 29, 2012 2:28:13 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Yes, I will send you Polyprint profiles. We save all images as TIFF prior of inserting them in RIP

The Following User Says Thank You to AndreiFyves For This Useful Post:
Zippy Doodah (August 29th, 2012)
Old August 30th, 2012 Aug 30, 2012 12:44:42 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I have sent you the files

This is a discussion about Need help with my TexJet 4260 that was posted in the TexJet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in