T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing

T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing

Discuss the various finishing services that can help showcase your brand. Topics include custom neck tag labels, hang tags, garment washes, folding, bagging and even shipment/packaging options.

Labels (tag or tagless)

Like Tree2Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 27th, 2006 Jul 27, 2006 8:22:19 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Labels (tag or tagless)

I received some sample labels from clothinglabels4u, one of the sites sponsor. The labels were very nice and I was impressed. I have also looked into Lucky Labels as well. My original plan was to remove the Gildan label and leave the size and care instructions label in the shirt. Well, I realized yesterday that they are the same label only folded (duh I know).

This kind of throws a wrench into my plan because now I would need to have custom labels made with the different sizes on it, which I really don't want to do because I want to keep inventory, etc. as simple as possible.

Okay, my new plan is to make plastisol transfers and heat press them in the shirts, thus having tagless labels. This is pretty popular right now and I wanted to see if anyone else out there does this. It would definately cost less and would allow for more customization and different style labels. So, I will remove all the current labels on the shirt and then press our name, care, and size labels in. If anyone has any suggestions or advice I would totally appreciate it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 27th, 2006 Jul 27, 2006 9:41:21 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,228 Posts

Default Re: Labels (tag or tagless)

My suggestion would be to use a different brand of t-shirt

All the other t-shirt brands I've seen have a SEPARATE size/care instructions tag and a separate brand tag (Hanes, AltAp, AA, M &O, etc).

I'd just use a brand that has a separate brand/size tag to make things a lot easier.

Although I could be saying that because I'm no big fan of Gildan (although many people are )

Old July 27th, 2006 Jul 27, 2006 10:23:13 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Greg
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Also you could just by size tabs and have them sewn in with your new label!

They are very inexpensive.

I get mine from www.nwtag.com

So get your labels with your name/logo AND care instructions, and just add a size tab!

Old July 27th, 2006 Jul 27, 2006 10:39:06 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

hummm,
plastisol transfers to be used as required content and wash labels may not work too good because very/very/small text usually used in content/wash labels.

Here in Canada, i think the minimum allowed gov-law for content label durability is something like 5 washes. With a Brand we do work for that uses Gildan shirts, they re-label the shirts with paper-type labels that are within gov-regulation. These paper labels a very affordable.

You can then make your Brand/Logo Plastisol labels, for durability purposes keep any label text at about 30 points or more if possible.

The best is to have a solid ink shape and make your logo or text in the label clear so that it's color becomes the color of your shirt.....just a few ideas to try to help you out. Good luck.

Old July 27th, 2006 Jul 27, 2006 12:31:29 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Thanks everbody for your suggestions. I didn't even think about a separate size label. Rodney, are you sure about the two labels with the other brands. After looking at the Gildan (which I always thought were 2 labels by the way they looked). I checked out some other brands that I had hanging in my closet. They were all one label too that just had the fold where the seam is. I think one was an Anvil but can't remember for sure.

Also, after thinking about doing transfer labels I kind of got excited. We have several different designs and themes, so I was thinking I would customize about 5 different labels, each showing our company name with a different theme (i.e. dog paw for dog shirts, fish-hook for fishing and boating shirts, cute girlie lettering for our baby boll shirts). I guess I will keep thinking about it and thanks again for the info.

Old July 27th, 2006 Jul 27, 2006 12:50:39 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

If you can make it work, that sounds like a good idea.

Let us know what you decide!

Old July 27th, 2006 Jul 27, 2006 1:35:40 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,228 Posts

Quote:
Rodney, are you sure about the two labels with the other brands. After looking at the Gildan (which I always thought were 2 labels by the way they looked). I checked out some other brands that I had hanging in my closet. They were all one label too that just had the fold where the seam is. I think one was an Anvil but can't remember for sure.
Yep, I'm sure because I've had many brands relabeled and the size tag is sitting right there I have 2 on my desk right now from Hanes and Bella. Both have separate size tags.

It's probably not the case with all brands though. I'm actually surprised that Gildan's is not separate.

Quote:
Also, after thinking about doing transfer labels I kind of got excited. We have several different designs and themes, so I was thinking I would customize about 5 different labels, each showing our company name with a different theme (i.e. dog paw for dog shirts, fish-hook for fishing and boating shirts, cute girlie lettering for our baby boll shirts).
Sounds like a neat idea!

Old July 28th, 2006 Jul 28, 2006 12:10:59 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Nick

We do as Greg suggested...

Whip everything off, and institch our own label and a size tag like this one:

Although ours are silver on black....I think it looks snazzy...

Old July 28th, 2006 Jul 28, 2006 2:51:52 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Solmu's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Lewis
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyRoberts
Here in Canada, i think the minimum allowed gov-law for content label durability is something like 5 washes.
In the US and Australia it has to last the useful life of the garment, so that wouldn't fly.

Old July 28th, 2006 Jul 28, 2006 8:02:03 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Master

Do labels add much to t-shirt production cost if they also had your name/brand/url on them?

Nick.

HKDMZ

Old July 28th, 2006 Jul 28, 2006 9:13:44 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can get 1,000 labels for $250.

You can get them sewn in for as little as 25 cents per label/shirt.

That's a total of 50 cents for the label and the sewing. Plus all the shipping and stuff.
SportzCo likes this.

Old July 29th, 2006 Jul 29, 2006 11:35:00 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solmu
In the US and Australia it has to last the useful life of the garment, so that wouldn't fly.
Depends how often people wash!

Old July 29th, 2006 Jul 29, 2006 7:49:56 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Marc

This is some more good reading. I needed to know some of this info, keep it coming.

Old July 30th, 2006 Jul 30, 2006 10:10:31 AM -   #14 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

why not leave the Gildan Label on the t-shirt and print your logo/brand on the shirt ?

one good thing about leaving the Gildan t-shirt label on the shirt is that peeps know the Brand is good quality and places like the Big-Chain stores like Wal-Mark do not sell them (last time i looked), where they may sell fruit or hanes and this puts independent newbie t-shirts at that quality/price range.

Below is a sample of a Screen Stars paper-type label ( well, they feel like paper but must be some other substance since they are washable ). This label is on an original Guns and Roses t-shirt from the day. Also notice that the Brand that sold these shirts printed their Brand name on the sleeve and left the Screen Stars label on the shirt.

--------------------
Another paper-type label used a lot by manufacturers, again..du-no what they are called, i think they come on sheets pre-printed with wash/care symbols etc. and the garment manufacturers print these labels themselfs with a lazer black/white printer with the proper content required like the fabric content, item#, cut# etc... according to what garments/t-shirts they are manufacturing.

I know i've seen these in the USA/Canada....

has anyone here seen these paper-type labels ? or know what they are called or who makes them ?

With this type label is another way the poster can solve the Gildan re-Label problem.

But the first example may be better.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1-screen-stars-vintage-label-150.jpg (11.9 KB, 520 views)
File Type: jpg 1-screen-stars-vintage-label-brand-200.jpg (23.6 KB, 279 views)

Last edited by T-BOT; July 30th, 2006 at 10:16 AM..

Old July 30th, 2006 Jul 30, 2006 10:26:41 AM -   #15 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

...this is the 2nd. paper-type-label example.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1-manufacturer-label-150-2.jpg (7.3 KB, 465 views)

This is a discussion about Labels (tag or tagless) that was posted in the T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in