T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing

T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing

Discuss the various finishing services that can help showcase your brand. Topics include custom neck tag labels, hang tags, garment washes, folding, bagging and even shipment/packaging options.

Labels (tag or tagless)

Like Tree2Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 18th, 2007 Sep 18, 2007 12:42:55 PM -   #61 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Labels (tag or tagless)

Hey,
Since Gildens labels are attached, alot of my customers use their woven labels and I cut the Gilden name off and still use the care and content with the size on it with their label. When it's sewn in no one can tell that they didn't have their own care and content label made. It saves them alot of money in the end and their happy with that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 18th, 2007 Sep 18, 2007 7:38:41 PM -   #62 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm about to launch a new brand and I want the shirt relabeled.

I have a vendor, who isn't good at returning my calls, located in So. CA that says they can open the seam, remove the label and insert mine.

I would like to find a vendor closer to home in the Seattle area. Anyone know of one. Or, barring one closer to home, how about one that returns my phone calls.

Also, for those of you that seem to have experience in ordering shirts from a manufacturer with our label already sewn in, what kind of minimum do you usually see (I saw one person say 20 dozen) and what manufacturers do this?

Thanks

Old March 23rd, 2009 Mar 23, 2009 5:46:13 PM -   #63 (permalink)
EJR
T-Shirt Aficionado

question what would be the better choice tag or tagless?

also which is cheaper?

are there any pic here with tagless.

Old March 23rd, 2009 Mar 23, 2009 5:54:33 PM -   #64 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Solmu's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Lewis
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJR
question what would be the better choice tag or tagless?
Depends on your brand and your preferences. I prefer a woven label, but others prefer a tagless print.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJR
also which is cheaper?
It's much of a muchness most of the time, but if you drive them both down to their bottom cost a printed tag will most likely be cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJR
are there any pic here with tagless.
There are some kicking around the forum somewhere. Threadless have done their shirts that way from almost the beginning (try a Google images search maybe). Any retail store that sells t-shirts will have some that are done this way.

Old March 23rd, 2009 Mar 23, 2009 5:58:49 PM -   #65 (permalink)
EJR
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solmu
Depends on your brand and your preferences. I prefer a woven label, but others prefer a tagless print.

It's much of a muchness most of the time, but if you drive them both down to their bottom cost a printed tag will most likely be cheaper.

There are some kicking around the forum somewhere. Threadless have done their shirts that way from almost the beginning (try a Google images search maybe). Any retail store that sells t-shirts will have some that are done this way.
thanks lewis.

Old September 10th, 2009 Sep 10, 2009 1:10:24 AM -   #66 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Roly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 237am
theres a few distributors that will relabel before they ship u the blank shirts.... i was doing screenprinting tags...but i still had to cut the gilden tag out...not cool.... i did the math and the cost for the tag and relabel was about the same as the cost for the screenprint tag..... so i'm switching to tags...looks more professional i think and i dont have to cut tags when i ship/display...

cost for tag was about $.45usd....cost to relabel per shirt was $.30 so $.75 per shirt...

screenprint was $.85 per shirt

figure that out

b
Yeah this is where it gets tricky. My screen printer will print my inside label / caretag AND remove the existing Gildan's for a whopping .50 cents! Great! But it's FOUR different screens; they all have the exact same information but one for S, M, L, XL. It's $20 setup PER SCREEN. So it's prohibitively expensive until you do a lot. If I do 4 dozen. It's 50 cents each, PLUS $80 in setups divided by 48 shirts. It ends up being $2.16/shirt! Dealbreaker. But if I wait and do say 250 shirts at a time it works out to .82/shirt.

My business is only big enough right now that I print 4-8 dozen of any 1 shirt at a time. That's NOT enough for the inside label. So I end up shipping some out not branded as I would like. When I have about 250 or so, I bring them BACK to my screener and have them all relabeled. Not the best solution, but I don't know what else to do. There's no cheap solution I can find for relabeling when doing less than 250 or so shirts.

...the other argument is I should just focus on growing my business, until I'm never having less than 250 shirts printed at one time. Then it's a non-issue.

Old November 1st, 2009 Nov 1, 2009 6:27:39 PM -   #67 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Muñeca

man, am i glad i found this thread again. good info...that i need! i'll keep checking back on this one. i too am struggling w/the screen printed label and an actual tag. initially, i wanted to do the printed version. but, after seeing lady umbrella's label...I LOVE IT! and i've been researching tags all day. keeping in mind that the tag has to be comfy. that's the whole reason for the tagless trend. i think lady umbrella's tag looks a little silky/smooth. i would be most interested in that type or that faux suede look/feel.

thanks again guys for the info.

Old November 1st, 2009 Nov 1, 2009 6:33:17 PM -   #68 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Muñeca

i used to be crazy about gildan shirts. primarily because i liked the weight/thickness. initially, they have a good finished look. but, after a while they start to get a rough feel and look worn. i have tons of 'em...'cause they looked so good @ first when i was on the retail end. but, after the 1st year of washings...i'm not as big a fan. now, i think i would only use 'em for my low-end customers. (18-24 ages range) they are the ones that have limited budgets...but, still want to look good until the next trend rolls around. my older customers want quality, creativity & and something that's going to last a few years...and they are willing to pay a little more for it. oh, & did i mention they appreciate quality and the attention to detail???!!!

Old November 1st, 2009 Nov 1, 2009 7:16:22 PM -   #69 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Eric

The DC shirt I'm wearing is tagless and the express shirt I wore yesterday was tagless.

I'd like to do my tagless also, but I'm weighing the costs.

Old February 8th, 2010 Feb 8, 2010 10:49:44 AM -   #70 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solmu
One other option is to screenprint them yourself (either directly into the garment, or onto fabric that is sewn into the garment). Since we're talking about a very simple one colour print, you wouldn't need a lot of equipment and it wouldn't be difficult to do.

You may prefer to outsource these kind of jobs, but if not that is another option.

I was wondering when someone would suggest this cause this is the option I want to do - personally I dont like tags(too itchy even with the modern ones)
I have been checking on the required info before I design it.
Thanks everyone for the posts

Old February 11th, 2010 Feb 11, 2010 5:05:51 PM -   #71 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdyaGurl
I was wondering when someone would suggest this cause this is the option I want to do - personally I dont like tags(too itchy even with the modern ones)
I have been checking on the required info before I design it.
Thanks everyone for the posts
I prefer tagless labels screen printed on the shirt. I don't like how tags can be itchy and bothersome. There are screen printers that offer tag removal and tag printing services. Just do some research and you'll find them...good luck!

Old January 21st, 2015 Jan 21, 2015 12:31:58 PM -   #72 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Riz

[QUOTE=T-BOT;27057]
Here in Canada, i think the minimum allowed gov-law for content label durability is something like 5 washes. With a Brand we do work for that uses Gildan shirts, they re-label the shirts with paper-type labels that are within gov-regulation.

I see that this is a super old thread but I wanted to say thanks for all the great info you provide in the forums and add for us brand noobs that the Textile labeling act in Canada requires that the "disclosure label" be applied in a "permanent" fashion.

The standards outlined for "permanent" require the label be legible after 10 washes. 10 Dry cleans are mentioned.

All in all, a little unclear, but its 10 washes in Canada. Eh.

This is a discussion about Labels (tag or tagless) that was posted in the T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in