T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing

T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing

Discuss the various finishing services that can help showcase your brand. Topics include custom neck tag labels, hang tags, garment washes, folding, bagging and even shipment/packaging options.

Labels (tag or tagless)

Like Tree2Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 1st, 2006 Aug 1, 2006 7:14:29 AM -   #31 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Labels (tag or tagless)

Thanks for the info about the seam ripper (definately will check into that). Yesterday, after responding on the different brands of shirts, I decided to order several samples to try out including Hanes, Jerzees, Champion, FOL, Gildan, and a couple others. I am going to do kind of a "blind" study amoong my friends and family. I will tape over the label and get about 20 different people to tell me which ones they prefer. I have always gone with Gildan before, because personally I like their fit and quality. But I know there are several others out there in the same price range that I need to check out as well. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 1st, 2006 Aug 1, 2006 7:22:35 AM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyRoberts
Carrie, from what i know, it is not a big deal to add a few dozen to the run as they are being made for someone else. Have you asked the manufacturer about this ?

i mean, to add a few more dozen to a run all it takes is laying out a few extra fabric layers on the cutting table.

May be they can do you a few dozen this way......
My manufacturer has prepared-for-dye and garment washed white tees only. They have stock items, all in white, so I can get them easily. The catch is that to sew labels in, they require an order of 20 dozen...I just did order 20 dozen baby tees, but didn't plan for the women's tees at the same time...Next time....In any case, I just ordered samples from another company and found a local relabler.

However, I'm also going to get to the library to look up screenprinting books...Thanks for the words on screenprinting.

Old August 1st, 2006 Aug 1, 2006 3:59:27 PM -   #33 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Marc

I see a lot of tagless tees now. Most of my new tees are tagless, at least the white ones. What is the print made of? It looks like tape of some sort.

Old August 2nd, 2006 Aug 2, 2006 5:19:00 AM -   #34 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

I have always just screen printed using a $200 toy screen print kit, since its just 1 colour and so easy, or once in a while on big orders i get plastisol transfers. I store them away for when i need them.

I personally hate tags of any kind and have never used them, i just write in all the info/care instructions in the screen print. Sometimes they are even up to a3 size big, who cares it is on the inside

Take care

Old August 2nd, 2006 Aug 2, 2006 6:42:32 AM -   #35 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerz
I have always just screen printed using a $200 toy screen print kit, since its just 1 colour and so easy
What do you mean "toy'' and where would I get a simple kit?

Old August 2nd, 2006 Aug 2, 2006 6:52:06 AM -   #36 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMamaHen
where would I get a simple kit?
all major artcraft stores have them.

Old August 2nd, 2006 Aug 2, 2006 6:54:04 AM -   #37 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMamaHen
What do you mean "toy'' and where would I get a simple kit?

Its a Japanese screen printing kit made for kids, called the Print Gocco, it is quite fun actually. It uses special screens which when flashed bond to the carbon in a lazer printed or photocopied peice of paper. You make the screens in like 10 seconds, tape them to a plastic frame and then just contact print. It comes with eveything you need to make a few a3 sized screens, you can of course buy more for it.

Just look it up online, i got mine from the local art store.

Zac

Old August 2nd, 2006 Aug 2, 2006 7:17:35 AM -   #38 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Marc

And you use this small screen print for tags only? I would also like one. Do you take the tags out of the tees and then print them?

Old August 2nd, 2006 Aug 2, 2006 12:10:02 PM -   #39 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Its a Japanese screen printing kit made for kids, called the Print Gocco, it is quite fun actually. It uses special screens which when flashed bond to the carbon in a lazer printed or photocopied peice of paper. You make the screens in like 10 seconds, tape them to a plastic frame and then just contact print. It comes with eveything you need to make a few a3 sized screens, you can of course buy more for it.

Just look it up online, i got mine from the local art store.

Zac
Fabulous little creation.
Thank you...

Now I need to look up a3.

Old August 2nd, 2006 Aug 2, 2006 12:21:19 PM -   #40 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,228 Posts

Quote:
Now I need to look up a3
a3 is like a european style of measurement. Like here in the US we have standard paper sizes like 8 1/2 x 11 or 11x17 or legal (8 1/2 x 14), over there they have sizes like a3, a4, etc

Old August 2nd, 2006 Aug 2, 2006 10:24:02 PM -   #41 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney
a3 is like a european style of measurement. Like here in the US we have standard paper sizes like 8 1/2 x 11 or 11x17 or legal (8 1/2 x 14), over there they have sizes like a3, a4, etc
By "over there" you mean EVERYWHERE ELSE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD

Old August 2nd, 2006 Aug 2, 2006 10:30:49 PM -   #42 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Nick

Also, I am extremely pro Gocco.

Go to www.nehoc.com.au

They ship internationally. They stuff in the US is all 1980's cardboard crap, to be frank. The new stuff (avaliable at nehoc and Japan), is years beyond it. It is a superb system. With the new stuff, you can easily get pro-screenprint quality, with none of the mess or stick of real screenprint (or cost).

At one point we even considered it an option to replace our screenprinting on one spot-colours (although it isn't good at the volumes we're now into dealing with...but great for tiny runs with screenprint quality)

But (and this is a big but), it has been discontiuned. Current supplies will only last another handful of years. So not really great to build a business model around it.

(PS, as Zac is in Oz, I'm guessing he has the good stuff too, not the US stuff)

Old August 3rd, 2006 Aug 3, 2006 12:05:45 AM -   #43 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Solmu's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Lewis
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Its a Japanese screen printing kit made for kids, called the Print Gocco, it is quite fun actually.
It's actually not a toy, and it's not made for kids. It was originally made for adults to make greeting cards with. It does also make a good kids' toy, but that's not all it is.

Quote:
you can of course buy more for it.
Not necessarily, since production has been discontinued. There's hope that someone else will get the rights to produce consumables for the machine, but as far as I know there hasn't been anything really said about that yet.

Old August 3rd, 2006 Aug 3, 2006 2:30:08 AM -   #44 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Haha yeah the funky colours and simplicity made me think it was aimed more at kids.

I got mine from nehoc, as monkeylantern mentioned. I see heaps of consumables around, but as they are template tags, i made like 4 or 5 and that's all i need. So yuh its cool.

There are so many ways to do lablels, why not hit ebay and grab a single arm screen print jog, get a few screens made and just screen the tag info.

So easy, might cost not much more than the print gocco. I think there is a single arm jig going for around $100 USD from the same place all the time on ebay.

Take care

Old August 4th, 2006 Aug 4, 2006 10:36:00 AM -   #45 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jimmy

Tagless labels are very popular right now and something that I have enormous experience in.

You would be surprised at how many clothing companies are using tagless heat transfer labels

-- Mr.4ColorProcess

Last edited by Rodney; August 4th, 2006 at 10:43 AM..

This is a discussion about Labels (tag or tagless) that was posted in the T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in