How to re-tag when shirt is tag less like Hanes Beefy T? - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing

T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing

Discuss the various finishing services that can help showcase your brand. Topics include custom neck tag labels, hang tags, garment washes, folding, bagging and even shipment/packaging options.

How to re-tag when shirt is tag less like Hanes Beefy T?

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 18th, 2013 Apr 18, 2013 4:05:01 AM -  
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Michele
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How to re-tag when shirt is tag less like Hanes Beefy T?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalApparel
i guess I assumed we where talking low quantity as imprints wholesale will re-tag shirts at $0.10 a shirt for orders over 250, I personally like the Gildan 6400 line i use it exclusively on one of my websites and always get positive feed back from my customers about how soft and professional the shirts are
I LOVE the Gildan 6400 line and use them and the 5000Ls for my women's tees. Wish Gildan stuck with the same colors across the board tho.

I also like Anvil Ringspun tees. Women's is 880 - not sure of the men's - and MOST Anvil products are tearaway labels.

As for the relabeling, Imprints actually doesn't have a minimum order for relabeling. Undertaping is .23/ea. Over the taping is cheaper but looks like crap. Unfortunately, they say they can't do the fleece under... The majority of my sales are hoodies in the winter, so I gotta find an alternative before Fall.

Heather at imprints is AWESOME to work with if she gets your account!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 18th, 2013 Apr 18, 2013 4:07:37 AM -  
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Michele

There are quite a few alternatives to the AA 2001 these days, but they all differ in their own ways. FWIW, I'm not a fan of 980's - the collars don't hold up and even line dried they shrink more than my dryer-dried 2001's. If I had to go with a lower cost alternative, my nod goes to Next Level Apparel's 3600.[/QUOTE]

I like the feel of Next Level but they run small. If you're catering to a wide range of clients, go with a look/feel of a shirt that is versatile in sizing such as Anvil or Gildan. LAT is a good one too.

And Anvil/Gildan - from the ones I keep - have not shrunk at all. EXCEPT for the Gildan Zipup men's hoodie.

Old April 29th, 2013 Apr 29, 2013 4:30:24 PM -  
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: James

As I'd hoped, this thread about retagging produced a bounty of info for a newbie...comparisons of brands and numbers by hands on professionals.

I'd thought about acetone (mentioned earlier), but mostly read the thread hoping for the kind of info I'd otherwise learn "the hard way"...and I'm far from thinking about a thousand of *anything* !

Old 2 Weeks Ago Nov 19, 2019 4:19:47 PM -  
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Hello,

I would like to do embroidery on a long sleeve t-shirt and wanted a good quality shirt. I was told that the Hanes Beefy long Sleeve t-shirt was the route to go. However, they are tagless as you all have already discussed. I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions for t-shirts I could use that would hold the embroidery and is a good quality?

Old 2 Weeks Ago Nov 20, 2019 12:12:02 PM -  
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Thanked 2,524 Times in 2,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliem
Hello,

I would like to do embroidery on a long sleeve t-shirt and wanted a good quality shirt. I was told that the Hanes Beefy long Sleeve t-shirt was the route to go. However, they are tagless as you all have already discussed. I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions for t-shirts I could use that would hold the embroidery and is a good quality?

I believe Beefy-T's now have tearaway tags. We spoke with our pocketbook and they heard.

A comparable weight tee, also tearaway, is the Hammer tee by Gildan.

This is a discussion about How to re-tag when shirt is tag less like Hanes Beefy T? that was posted in the T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in