would anyone know where to get fabric style hangtags made or unique style handtags? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing

T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing

Discuss the various finishing services that can help showcase your brand. Topics include custom neck tag labels, hang tags, garment washes, folding, bagging and even shipment/packaging options.

would anyone know where to get fabric style hangtags made or unique style handtags?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 8th, 2007 Apr 8, 2007 1:09:36 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default would anyone know where to get fabric style hangtags made or unique style handtags?

so i've seen this type of hangtag before, nothing really new i guess,, but i recently seen a cool version that " THE GAP " did , maybe someone who recently went to the gap might know what im talkin bout....., its a hangtag thats made from a light fabric but looks worn and torn with frayed edges and the logo and other info is screenprinted on, i believe its part of the gap's new collection... so pretty much its a screenprinted fabric hangtag that has a metal hole to put the lanyard through, correct me if im wrong, im bad at describing,,but anyways, would anyone know which companies would provide this service? thank you.

*i know its probably not called a lanyard but you know what im talkin bout, the rope that attaches the hangtag to the woven neck label, but this time they used a soft rope material and attached it to the neck label with a small saftey pin.*

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 8th, 2007 Apr 8, 2007 1:13:06 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Nick

Default Re: would anyone know where to get fabric style hangtags made or unique style handtags?

Exactly what we used to have.

Although that's not going to be much help......we made and printed them ourselves.....

Old April 8th, 2007 Apr 8, 2007 1:18:35 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

Default Re: would anyone know where to get fabric style hangtags made or unique style handtags?

aww man, i was pretty excited when i saw you post "Exactly what we used to have.",,,and then sadly i continued reading..thanks anyways

Old April 8th, 2007 Apr 8, 2007 1:26:01 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Nick

All is not lost

I'm hunting around my contacts to see if anyone knows anything....

Old April 8th, 2007 Apr 8, 2007 1:26:32 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

there are dozens of label companies in the garment district. Here's one in Commerce, CA.
They do the type of cloth hangtag you are referring to.

Progressive Label, Inc.

Old April 8th, 2007 Apr 8, 2007 2:33:06 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

oh, great , thank you to you both,,appreciate it,,, i looked around the net, but only found a company that does it but its located in china, and its been days since i contacted them without a response....monkeylantern,,,i actually thought about that too, doin it myself that is, but knowing me, it wouldnt come out right,..but ill check out progressive Oddica, thanks to you both again.,,,

*EDIT* i just checked out progressive as listed above and the minimums are way too high for me at the moment...5000 pieces, i dunno if my budget will allow

Last edited by misterteepitting; April 8th, 2007 at 02:51 AM..

Old April 8th, 2007 Apr 8, 2007 11:07:31 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Casey

I have two Gap(red) shirts. I know what you're talking about. ^_^

I've seen many brands at Barney's and Nordstrom doing those kinds of tags.

I bet you could make them yourself by getting some type of canvas cloth and using a cheap product like PhotoEZ to print on it. However, I don't know how to get the grommets (metal holes) on. I don't know if you actually need those though, because with a low budget, it's not exactly necessary.

If you need links for supplies, here's a place for cheap fabric.

Canvas Natural - Discount Designer Fabric - Fabric.com

There's a link on the left column of the forum with sponsors.

EZScreenPrint and Circuit Bridge: Manufacturer of PhotoEZ, StencilPro, Screen Printing kits, and Custom Stencils have the photoez if you want to try that. That will be a little more expensive, but I highly doubt you'll need too many supplies. You can use pretty much any waterbased ink or paint to print on the canvas.

This is the only help I can offer since most professional companies have 1000+ minimums. ^_^

Old April 8th, 2007 Apr 8, 2007 6:29:13 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Solmu's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Lewis
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattroporte
However, I don't know how to get the grommets (metal holes) on.
It's extremely easy to do with a hand tool if you're only doing a small quantity.

This is a discussion about would anyone know where to get fabric style hangtags made or unique style handtags? that was posted in the T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in