Label vendor reviews - Lucky Label, Cruz Label, Woven Labels, ClothingLabels4u - samples ordered - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing

T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing

Discuss the various finishing services that can help showcase your brand. Topics include custom neck tag labels, hang tags, garment washes, folding, bagging and even shipment/packaging options.

Label vendor reviews - Lucky Label, Cruz Label, Woven Labels, ClothingLabels4u - samples ordered

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 19th, 2011 Aug 19, 2011 2:06:49 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Bryan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Label vendor reviews - Lucky Label, Cruz Label, Woven Labels, ClothingLabels4u - samples ordered

So I ordered sample packs fron 4 different companies. East to west coast U.S. and Thailand. orderd all on the same day.

U.S.
-California "Cruz Label"
selection of items to look at, 4 hang tags and 13 labels everything individually baged and labeled as far as type and style of label.samples:arrived in three days

-Florida "Clothing Labels 4 U"
Large amount of samples 10 hang tags and 17 label samples nothing sorted and all in on bag. a sticker calander,plastic ruler 4 business cards
:arrived in 7 days

-New York "Woven Labels"
NEVER ARRIVED...whats that tell ya

-Thailand "Lucky Label Co"
no hang tags about 10 labels and some lit on the company and offerings.samples arrivered airmail in about 12days

as I had no idea of the many options of labels i feel I am now a little more educated because of what Cruz sent. I highly recomend doing this for yourself if you have any questions about the right labels for you.
I like the Cruz Labels as its a one stop shop for my hang tags and labels. Very well organized packages. Think it may be a good idea to build a repor with a local company as well.
Ill post more after I order. hope this may help a few people.
Cheers.

Last edited by JOHNSY; August 19th, 2011 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: corrections

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JOHNSY For This Useful Post:
kennellyjr (October 28th, 2013), MistaHayz (October 2nd, 2011), Rodney (August 19th, 2011), TheTshirtArtist (April 24th, 2015), Thinkshirts (March 23rd, 2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 19th, 2011 Aug 19, 2011 2:32:38 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,228 Posts

Default Re: Label vendor reviews - Lucky Label, Cruz Label, Woven Labels, ClothingLabels4u - samples ordered

Hi Bryan, I'd love to hear more about your experience with the different companies. If you have pictures of the sample packs, that'd be cool for others to see as well.

Old August 19th, 2011 Aug 19, 2011 2:42:21 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Default Re: Label vendor reviews - Lucky Label, Cruz Label, Woven Labels, ClothingLabels4u - samples ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney
Hi Bryan, I'd love to hear more about your experience with the different companies. If you have pictures of the sample packs, that'd be cool for others to see as well.
Rodney
Thanks for putting this thread in its proper place. I am laying things out as we speak and I will take a pic later to show everyone the options.
Cheers,
Bryan

Old August 19th, 2011 Aug 19, 2011 5:56:09 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

here is a photo of the sample packages sent. give me a shout with any questions.
Johnsy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg labels 2.jpg (89.4 KB, 455 views)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JOHNSY For This Useful Post:
kennellyjr (October 28th, 2013), Rodney (August 22nd, 2011), San Diego Ca (September 1st, 2011), Thinkshirts (March 23rd, 2012)
Old August 22nd, 2011 Aug 22, 2011 9:12:10 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNSY
here is a photo of the sample packages sent. give me a shout with any questions.
Johnsy
Thanks for sharing the photos!

Old September 2nd, 2011 Sep 2, 2011 9:19:16 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

so the New York labels finally showed up...mistery. only sent 6 pieces total all in one baggie unlabeled. so if you have no idea what each label type is could be frustrating to choese from there selection. I may just be biased because it took so long for them to arrive but it is what it is.

Old December 5th, 2011 Dec 5, 2011 3:00:46 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Another woven label manufacturer to consider is Minnewawa Inc. They are located in Knoxville, Tn.

In response to JOHNSY comment about US made products only...they are the only 100% domestically owned and operated woven label manufacturing companies in the U.S (thats what their website says)

Looks like they have their web site under construction but have all needed info in place to contact someone.

Mention Charles D. if you call or place a order.

Old December 5th, 2011 Dec 5, 2011 4:00:03 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HbnCDesign
Another woven label manufacturer to consider is Minnewawa Inc. They are located in Knoxville, Tn.

In response to JOHNSY comment about US made products only...they are the only 100% domestically owned and operated woven label manufacturing companies in the U.S (thats what their website says)

Looks like they have their web site under construction but have all needed info in place to contact someone.

Their web site is .... American Made Woven Labels

Old December 5th, 2011 Dec 5, 2011 4:08:29 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by HbnCDesign

You have to be carefull of the information your putting out there. they do NOT state the are the "only" 100% label company out there... from what i read it said "one of". which could mean 1 of 2 or 1 of 500. just letting you know. once they get thing rolling im sure folks will check it out. I always order samples from vendors and they dont seem to have provisions for that yet. ill keep an eye out.

Old December 5th, 2011 Dec 5, 2011 4:33:54 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

JOHNSY: That was my fault/typo...site says..last remaining 100% domestically owned and operated woven label manufacturing companies.

Just sharing what I have found.

Charles

Old May 30th, 2012 May 30, 2012 1:16:37 PM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNSY
You have to be carefull of the information your putting out there. they do NOT state the are the "only" 100% label company out there... from what i read it said "one of". which could mean 1 of 2 or 1 of 500. just letting you know. once they get thing rolling im sure folks will check it out. I always order samples from vendors and they dont seem to have provisions for that yet. ill keep an eye out.

Minnewawa.com has their site up and running. They have alot of previous customer labels on new site. Also it looks like they do alot of Military Labels or Military Contracts.

Old June 26th, 2014 Jun 26, 2014 9:41:00 PM -   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Paul

I had an issue with cruz. The guy on the other line barely spoke and english. So I went with CBF Labels Woven Labels - CBF Labels instead and got great service with them. My advise to you is do not source overseas when branding.

Old April 20th, 2015 Apr 20, 2015 11:19:06 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Hello Everyone, Here are a few things I have done as far as labels. My designs focus n vintage/classic cars motorcycles and other vehicles. So i thought I would go with sewn in tags to go along with this design direction. Did that for about a year at a cost of $.25 per tag being sewn in.
Then I figured i would try a few things to see how the customer would respond.
1. Sewn in tags as stated above with a size label stuck on the tag
2. I then went to screening my brand logo in by hand with a small cap size screen and cutting the manufacturer tag out.
3. Next I went to screening the tag and cutting the front tag section only
4. Last but not least and most cost effective I went to screening in the logo and leaving the manufacturer tag in, this is how I have done it for about a year plus.
As I have done this i have also proudly announced that I am 100% US made and manufactured because I use American Apparel blanks. The customer understands as to why I do not charge 5$ for a t-shirt. These are a premium T I use through the wholesale and my customers do like the brand and the cut and know where their money is going. My repeat customer business is great and word of mouth means everything. Its bigger than social media for me right now.
So to my point. The labeling and tag issue that so many are fighting with really just comes down to personal preference time and money. Do you need to spend $ on neck tags, my answer is no and a $.25 per shirt plus the cost of tags can really add up depending. This is my study over the past few years. Your experience may be different so feel free to chime in.
-B

Old April 23rd, 2015 Apr 23, 2015 9:40:59 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Livingston
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Bryan,

Good info, thanks for sharing.
On your option 4 where you are leaving the tag in, are you screening below the tag (lower) or under the tag? If under, how do you keep the tag out of the way?
Are you screening the label as a second operation, separate from the art?

Darren

Old April 23rd, 2015 Apr 23, 2015 11:19:57 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston
Bryan,

Good info, thanks for sharing.
On your option 4 where you are leaving the tag in, are you screening below the tag (lower) or under the tag? If under, how do you keep the tag out of the way?
Are you screening the label as a second operation, separate from the art?

Darren
Hey Livingston,
My Logo and name are combined and the the size is about 1 3/4" x 2"h and I screen it under the AA tag which is fairly small and does not greatly impede on my logo. And yes the label is a second operation depending. When I order bulk some days ill just spend a couple hours just doing a logo run so they are ready for the main art when the time comes. Also on some of my heavier pieces like sweatshirts/hoodies ill print the logo on the back at the bottom of the garment and my customers actually like to see that on the outside as a detail.

This is a discussion about Label vendor reviews - Lucky Label, Cruz Label, Woven Labels, ClothingLabels4u - samples ordered that was posted in the T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in