Quick Q - Is it better to print tee 1st then sew in labels or reverse? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing

T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing

Discuss the various finishing services that can help showcase your brand. Topics include custom neck tag labels, hang tags, garment washes, folding, bagging and even shipment/packaging options.

Quick Q - Is it better to print tee 1st then sew in labels or reverse?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 9th, 2007 Feb 9, 2007 11:22:06 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Bee
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Quick Q - Is it better to print tee 1st then sew in labels or reverse?

I am waiting for my labels to be complete and then they'll need to be sew into my tees. Is it better for me to get my tee's screenprinted 1st and then send them out to be re-labeled or better to wait and get the labels done 1st then send them off to the screenprinters?

Or does it not matter either way?

Thanks,
Irene

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 9th, 2007 Feb 9, 2007 11:30:39 AM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jasonda

Default Re: Quick Q - Is it better to print tee 1st then sew in labels or reverse?

I don't have much experience with this, but I'd think that it would be better to print first and then label. That way, if the printer makes a mistake (it happens), at least you won't be wasting a label in that one.

Old February 9th, 2007 Feb 9, 2007 12:44:48 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Garrett
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default Re: Quick Q - Is it better to print tee 1st then sew in labels or reverse?

it depends on the print turn-around time. And also how fast the label's can be put in. We do it and for example if the customer has provided us with the labels and they are in stock then we may do the tagging first. To us it all depends on the number of days open, if we plan to put 5000 shirts on the board in 4 days and we have the tags we will label them now to save turn-around time. another advantage of working with non-printed shirts is that the ink does not stick to eachother and you have less of a chance of messing up the finished product.

-garrett

Last edited by Comin'OutSwingin; February 19th, 2008 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: removed self-promotional references

Old February 12th, 2007 Feb 12, 2007 6:43:44 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Bee
T-Shirt Fan

This is my first run so it's very small. I have the tees already and my labels are in production. As it is a small run, Jasonda's point makes perfect sense!!

I think this time out i'll print them 1st then, get the tees relabeled after.

Thank you both so much!

Irene

This is a discussion about Quick Q - Is it better to print tee 1st then sew in labels or reverse? that was posted in the T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in