T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Forums.com Announcements > T shirt Printing Issues
Having trouble making your T shirt? Post here

HTV very wrinkled after washing (GMcrafts)

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 5 Days Ago May 13, 2019 3:55:39 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default HTV very wrinkled after washing (GMcrafts)

Hi, I'm new to T-shirt making and to this forum.
I got some of this HTV from GMcrafts:
[url]https://www.gmcrafts.co.uk/product-category/craft-supplies/rolls/heat-transfer-film/premium/300mm-heat-transfer-fabric-vinyl/[/url]
I did a test and thought the vinyl was rather thick but it's my first time so maybe they're all the same I don't know. I was expecting something thinner and more flexible. It's quite rigid and plasticy to me...I made another random design and pressed it to show you how it feels:
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H4lMdiC0Qo&feature=youtu.be[/url]

Anyway, I did a test wash after 48 hours and the design came out very wrinkled. Is it because of the stiffness of this vinyl?
I printed on a Gildan sofstyle that I pre heated and respected the recommendations (160°C for 15 seconds).
Is there anybody here who used that same vinyl and can compare with other products?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Days Ago May 13, 2019 11:54:59 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Ryan
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: HTV very wrinkled after washing (GMcrafts)

How was the shirt washed?
Most HTV decorated apparel needs to be washed inside out in cold water, on delicates or light settings, and air dry, or tumbled dry at the lowest setting and removed promptly.

Old 4 Days Ago May 13, 2019 12:05:30 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thank you for replying.
Actually it was printed on a piece of fabric I had cut from a t shirt so I couldn't put the shirt inside out I will next time. It was washed at 40°C I think and air dried.
I'm going to get some siser stretch and I will follow your recomendations.
Thank you!

Old 4 Days Ago May 13, 2019 12:14:29 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Ryan
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

We use quite a bit of Siser materials as well as the Stahls Cad-Cut materials and they work well for us.

Old 4 Days Ago May 13, 2019 3:10:05 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

The video sort of looks like what I would expect from something like Siser Easyweed. I am not saying that is what it is, but that is sort of what I think of as a common reference.

Siser stretch is very nice and is much softer. I can see making designs that size with it. It is sort of more supple feeling, but it is still similar.

I think the thinnest is still Chemica Hotmark. A design like that would pucker if the shirt shrinks, but would probably be fine on 50/50. This puckering is what I thought you were referring to. I really like their metallics. That is sort of what I thought all vinyl would be like.

Old 4 Days Ago May 14, 2019 1:20:07 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Yesterday I received some neenah jet opaque paper and pressed some designs and I like the result better. It is much thinner and flexible. I need to try that siser one for sure. I'm sending back that one today since I bought 20 rolls of it without even trying it...

Old 3 Days Ago May 14, 2019 4:26:59 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Just friendly & helpful

I use the jpss transfers with my epson WF 7610 pigment inks and love the life span and quality ( over 40 washes so far). . I also use the Siser stretch and its just as amazing but due to more color choices i need for my customers , i have switched to Stahls Premium Plus ( Stretch ) and i cant wait to use it .. Using up my siser first.

Old 3 Days Ago May 14, 2019 5:20:58 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippin decals
I use the jpss transfers with my epson WF 7610 pigment inks and love the life span and quality ( over 40 washes so far). . I also use the Siser stretch and its just as amazing but due to more color choices i need for my customers , i have switched to Stahls Premium Plus ( Stretch ) and i cant wait to use it .. Using up my siser first.

For a long time Siser stretch only came in a handful of colors, but now they have 20 colors. Where I like to buy vinyl only has the 15" in those colors.

I was unaware that Stahls Premium Plus came in so many colors and in 20" rolls. It looks like 33 colors. I haven't used it so I would be interested in how they compare. It appears the be slightly thicker in the specs.

This is a discussion about HTV very wrinkled after washing (GMcrafts) that was posted in the T shirt Printing Issues section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in