Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Forums.com Announcements > T shirt Printing Issues
Having trouble making your T shirt? Post here

ChromaBlue exposure time issues

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 9th, 2017 Aug 9, 2017 2:10:27 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Ivan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default ChromaBlue exposure time issues

Hi, Ive been screen printing for 3 years and have always used ChromaBlue emulsion, but lately i have been having trouble with my exposure times. I have a homemade exposure table with 32Watt fluorescent bulbs 2.5 inches below glass. I had my exposure times down to 10 minutes for the longest time, but now i have a hard time during washout, the emulsion is very gooey and blows out easily with the pressure washer. And if i try to wash it out without pressure i find myself trying to wash out for 30 minutes with no luck. Ive tried decreasing my exposure time to 7 and 5 minutes but same issue, then i went up to 12 and 14 minutes but not much improvement.

I have been reading that unfiltered black light bulbs are the way to go, but maybe i can resolve this with what i got now.

I appreciate your help and suggestions.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 11th, 2017 Aug 11, 2017 7:42:13 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Ben

Default Re: ChromaBlue exposure time issues

Maybe your emulsion is too old/expired. Try with a new lot from your local supplier.

Old August 11th, 2017 Aug 11, 2017 9:44:39 AM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Well, given that this combination of unit and emulsion used to work fine for you, I would look at the two things that can and do change over time: 1) As tubes age, their output changes. It may be time for new tubes. 2) Old emulsion will fail to expose. Properly stored (cool), most poly/SBQ type emulsion should easily last a year. Check the date of manufacture on your container.

Old September 5th, 2017 Sep 5, 2017 7:10:29 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Britt

I would also check your printer to make sure that it is printing a pure black. If you hold your transparency up to the light can you see light coming through the black ink?

It sounds to me like light is getting through the black ink of your transparency and semi-curing your image so that the image looks like it will spray out when you wash it down but the emulsion covered by your transparency is partially cured by the light.

This is a discussion about ChromaBlue exposure time issues that was posted in the T shirt Printing Issues section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in