Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By 2hard2register
  • 1 Post By NoXid
  • 1 Post By gavner25
  • 1 Post By Remco
  • 1 Post By LucidDavid
  • 2 Post By LucidDavid

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 10th, 2017 Jul 10, 2017 2:56:21 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Forever Flex soft no cut testing

Hi,

After having some issues applying the white foil to a garment, Forever have been so kind to provide me with some more white foil and some pre printed white and other colour foils.
I will be doing some testing and posting the results here, so hopefully I can come to good results and help others along the way. Any input is welcome.

My own setup is a Canon LBP6030 printer and a Stahls Maxx Presss heat press.

The first thing I'm noticing is, while I've have not had any issues separating the A & B sheet before on the papers I've printed myself, the first 2 pre printed foils from Forever gave me issues when transferring the glue to the A foil (incomplete). Not sure how this can be, possibly because Forever uses a different brand printer and the temperature/pressure needs to be different in this case.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 18th, 2017 Jul 18, 2017 1:01:54 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Default Re: Forever Flex soft no cut testing

Just an update for whoever is interested. I'll leave the issues with the A-B sheet separation for what it is, as I don't have any issues using my own prints.

After doing a lot of testing with different colour sheets, my general conclusion would be: all colors are different and need separate instructions when pressing to a garment.
What might be the perfect setting for one colour, might not work at all for another. I'm talking about the variables for Time, Temperature and to a lesser extent pressure.

When it comes to my main issue which was the White foil, I found the following to solve my issues when pressing a shirt:

Instructions from Forever when pressing the design onto the garment (cotton) using White foil: 135 -155 degrees C for 30 seconds.

What worked for me: 155 degrees C for at least 50 seconds!

The easiest colors to press onto a shirt for me are the Metallic sheets.

The colour Red has it's own issue where too much of the foil will transfer to the garment (this does not happen with the other colors using the same settings)
kripsak likes this.

Old July 18th, 2017 Jul 18, 2017 2:28:40 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hard2register
... while I've have not had any issues separating the A & B sheet before on the papers I've printed myself, the first 2 pre printed foils from Forever gave me issues when transferring the glue to the A foil (incomplete). Not sure how this can be...
I don't remember where I saw the info, but I've seen it suggested that one should only print what one intends to use immediately, and not prepare the transfers in advance. If true, that may explain why the pre-printed samples behaved differently.

Old July 27th, 2017 Jul 27, 2017 8:46:04 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Gavin

I'm so glad i found this thread as i have been having exactly the same issues. The gold, silver and white work at 170c for 90 seconds when marrying A&B, but the pink doesn't work at this temperature or the recommended settings on the instructions. I have been waisting alot of paper due to this.

Old July 28th, 2017 Jul 28, 2017 7:35:22 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

That's why I created this thread, please keep on posting info/issues so we can figure this out. All colors seem to have a different set of instructions they require, although my issues are less with marrying the A&B now and more with applying the transfer to the shirt as I wrote.

I will be focusing on using colors I know work to make my life easier For now those are mainly the metallic colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavner25
I'm so glad i found this thread as i have been having exactly the same issues. The gold, silver and white work at 170c for 90 seconds when marrying A&B, but the pink doesn't work at this temperature or the recommended settings on the instructions. I have been waisting alot of paper due to this.

Old August 19th, 2017 Aug 19, 2017 10:41:04 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

After a afternoon struggeling I mannage to get 1 tee done with this stuff. Monday I will doing some testing again. So it would be nice I we can make a list with different collors and pressing times. I did white today according to the manual and that went fine.

Old September 1st, 2017 Sep 1, 2017 3:53:05 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

What heat press are you using and did you use the maximum recommended temperature of 155?
I will stick to metallic colors as much as I can as they seem to print the easiest and look the best after washing.

The non metallic blue is giving me creases and white parts on the print after washing

Old September 1st, 2017 Sep 1, 2017 4:35:28 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Mark

MArtin Butler has some informative videos on testing these on You Tube

He even went on a traing course with the distributer and still has issues with it

It seems to be down to a combination of the type of printer the heat press and the timings have to be the same as the manufacturers

Seems a lot to go through makes the cost in time prohibitive and would be quicker to weed manually

Old September 1st, 2017 Sep 1, 2017 8:50:35 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: David
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

If you are interested I can schedule a skype video call and give you some pointers on using this media. We also have a few things on our facebook pages.
https://www.facebook.com/hotdecoman/
https://www.facebook.com/AWSpecialtyPaper/

We recommend printing on the B-Sheet instead of the A sheet!
raoulFR likes this.

Old September 4th, 2017 Sep 4, 2017 10:14:12 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Today i tryed the gold sheet with the settings martin butler used. But failed again. I am enough with this foil and trashed it. I will wait for another alternatif

R

Old May 10th, 2018 May 10, 2018 4:46:12 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Kate

Hi David, just watched your vids on Facebook and I'm definitely going to try printing onto the B paper. Your experience has been a great source for me since starting my business and I'm on the point of expanding my range! But I've had a few issues with flex soft and I wondered if you might be able to help. I've recently got a new heat press and have been finding that spots/patches of the toner isn't transferring all the way from the A to the B - there's toner left on both sheets. I've tried all sorts of temps and pressures. It's worst with the neon pink but is happening with the other colours too. Even when there's a cleanish peel I can sometimes see bands of toner through the adhesive that has stuck to the A paper.

Also, do you just use the finishing paper once? With my previous press I was able to use each sheet a few times but it seems to be getting lines through it with my new heat press. I've also been pressing with the matte finishing paper twice, which I think improves washability - is this something you've tested?

Sorry for the looooong message. I'm at my wits end!!!
Thanks, Kate

Old July 6th, 2018 Jul 6, 2018 11:17:30 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hello all,

I am not yet in business, and I would like to launch for the period of Xmas.
I have been working on designs and gather lots of info so far.
My main concern has been if I can print and press my own designs on black shirts.
This paper, besides giving cool effects, seems to be the answer...

Old October 9th, 2018 Oct 9, 2018 10:11:28 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Kimberly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidDavid
If you are interested I can schedule a skype video call and give you some pointers on using this media. We also have a few things on our facebook pages.
https://www.facebook.com/hotdecoman/
https://www.facebook.com/AWSpecialtyPaper/

We recommend printing on the B-Sheet instead of the A sheet!
Can you explain why? I've been looking for more info on this. Thanks!

Old October 10th, 2018 Oct 10, 2018 11:10:15 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: David
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by westmama
Can you explain why? I've been looking for more info on this. Thanks!
There are several reasons to print on the B paper!
1. If you are just beginning then you are probably starting with one of the letter size black toner printers that sell for under $100 - so there is no real risk
2. The most common problem with new users is learning how to do the A/B marry process, printing on the B paper gives you a head start as the printer fuses the toner to the adhesive and simplifies the process.
3. The lower cost laser printers don't have a mirror option and printing on the B sheet lets you print in right reading mode so you don't have to worry about mirroring.
4. Lets you select your color after printing, the B sheet print can be put with any color.

Old October 10th, 2018 Oct 10, 2018 11:51:19 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Kimberly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidDavid
There are several reasons to print on the B paper!
1. If you are just beginning then you are probably starting with one of the letter size black toner printers that sell for under $100 - so there is no real risk
2. The most common problem with new users is learning how to do the A/B marry process, printing on the B paper gives you a head start as the printer fuses the toner to the adhesive and simplifies the process.
3. The lower cost laser printers don't have a mirror option and printing on the B sheet lets you print in right reading mode so you don't have to worry about mirroring.
4. Lets you select your color after printing, the B sheet print can be put with any color.
Thank you for this! I was watching one of your videos where you did this, but was curious why.

I have been screening printing and using inkjet transfers since 2009, but new to trying laser transfers. I just ordered the Oki c612, I believe it is supposed to be a pretty good entry level printer.

This is a discussion about Forever Flex soft no cut testing that was posted in the T shirt Printing Issues section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in