Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Forums.com Announcements > T shirt Printing Issues
Having trouble making your T shirt? Post here

Help! I need a Printing solution

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 8th, 2017 May 8, 2017 8:31:22 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Zeyad
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Help! I need a Printing solution

We own an apparel brand and we wanted to find a printing solution so we can print on all type of fabric; either Cotton, Cotton/ Poly been or even 100% polyester.

At the time being we manufactured 5,000 Basic t-shirts with 4 different colors (Black, White, Charcoal and Heather grey), They are already selling well and we though of adding some high quality prints will be a nice investment to our brand and business.

These T-shirts are made of (65% Poly/ 35% Cotton) and we tried sublimation with a Brother MFC-J3520 inset after we upgraded it with sublimation inks and toner, however the quality was not good and prints were faded, not as the same as the pictures seen on the computer.

After that, we did some research on the web and we find that our only solution with this fabric type is the heat transfer option on an ink jet printer. So we bought these transfer papers and we tried them with our Canon G1400 printer and again the Pictures was still faded and some colors wasn’t clear, especially the black color.. Please note that we tried only on the white t-shirt.

We are really frustrated and after searching the web we thought that this forum can help us with the solution we are looking for.

We simply want a printer that can print on hoodies, t-shirts, polos, shorts, Jackets and sweatpants. Fabric types will be cotton, cotton blends, polyester and melton. We don’t want also to be bounded to colors of the fabric with the printer, what i mean is a total solution for garment printing with a high quality standards. we don’t the print to be ruined after washing it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 8th, 2017 May 8, 2017 9:52:00 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Thanked 2,502 Times in 2,220 Posts

Default Re: Help! I need a Printing solution

You want screen printing. That will meet all of your objectives.

Old May 8th, 2017 May 8, 2017 9:55:27 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Unfortunately, we need to print on demand, when people order a tshirt or a design we can print it.

Old May 8th, 2017 May 8, 2017 10:12:11 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3alababak
Unfortunately, we need to print on demand, when people order a tshirt or a design we can print it.
Then get screen printed transfers. Press them as you need them.

I can't think of any other quality alternative that would work on your wide range of garments.

Perhaps a direct to garment (DTG) printer? Someone in the know would have to chime in on its feasibility to do bottoms and both cotton and poly.

Old May 8th, 2017 May 8, 2017 10:18:35 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

So if I just need a solution for these 5k tshirts 65%poly and 35% cotton. A lot of people recommend Heat transfer papers, however, what is the best printer to use, which can be economic and premium quality ?

Old May 8th, 2017 May 8, 2017 10:19:18 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

As I said before I used the Canon G1400 but the quality of the colors were very bad and faded.

Old May 8th, 2017 May 8, 2017 10:31:52 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

How were the 5000 shirts printed?

In my opinion, you can't get a quality print with an inkjet printer and transfer paper; unless it's dye sublimation. But sublimation only works on white/light poly.

Old May 8th, 2017 May 8, 2017 10:43:19 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

They are basic tshirts, 4 colors ( white, black , charcoal and heather gray)
Cotton/poly blend.
And I did use canon inkjet G1400 but results were not good. I wish if anyone can know a better printer for this job at least.
Some recommended sawgrass SG400, however I need to make sure it can print to dark colored garments and can be used on this blend

Old May 8th, 2017 May 8, 2017 11:21:12 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Frankie

The only printer I know of that can print on both cotton and poly blends is the FreeJet 330TX.

Transfers don't give you the quality that I would resell.

Old May 8th, 2017 May 8, 2017 11:46:46 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Gene

We have printed on 50/50 and 100% polyester successfully with DTG. The secret seems to be in the pr-treat process. The poly print is black on 100% white poly. It is a work shirt and has been worn extensively and washed with little if any fade. Blends with cotton don't seenm to be a problem. Tghis allows for POD and a very soft feel.

Old May 8th, 2017 May 8, 2017 1:56:56 PM -   #11 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnACustomPrints
We have printed on 50/50 and 100% polyester successfully with DTG. The secret seems to be in the pr-treat process. The poly print is black on 100% white poly. It is a work shirt and has been worn extensively and washed with little if any fade. Blends with cotton don't seenm to be a problem. Tghis allows for POD and a very soft feel.

Gene, are there any DTG's that can accommodate shorts and sweat pants?

Old May 8th, 2017 May 8, 2017 3:15:26 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Gene

We do not know if you mean machines or printing business. As far as printer machines some might better adapted to such. Most likely special platens will be needed. We make our own crude platens for different apparel needs. As for printers who do printing on sweat pants and shorts, assuming you are speaking of non-cotton or low cotton materials, I do not know of any personally. There have been people on here who claim to be doing new things with non-cottons with Firebird inks and possibly others. There has been some sharing information to the fact that they have developed special pre-treats that work on n0n-cotton materials. Personally we have no desire to work with sweat pants and shorts as we are busy with our shirt business. A clarification on a statement I made earlier about printing on polyester. The printing on white appears to be successful. I was informed that some work still needs to be done on colored cloth as the white base used at this time results in a not very vivid print. So, I stand corrected, no DTG on colored poly, at least by us at this time. However, there was post here recently by a gentlemen who had developed a pre-treat for sublimation on 100 % cotton, whites and darks. If so, there is no telling what is around the corner. Hope I answered your question. There are many people out there much more knowledgeable than we.

The Following User Says Thank You to AnACustomPrints For This Useful Post:
splathead (May 8th, 2017)

This is a discussion about Help! I need a Printing solution that was posted in the T shirt Printing Issues section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in