T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Forums.com Announcements > T shirt Printing Issues
Having trouble making your T shirt? Post here

Newspaper stuck inside t-shirt - how to remove?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 17th, 2015 Dec 17, 2015 9:25:59 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Emma
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Newspaper stuck inside t-shirt - how to remove?

I've been screenprinting a run of 10 tees for the staff of a local charity shop (lilac ink made with acrylic paint and a fabric medium on a black cotton tee).

In my immense wisdom, I left them to dry on stools with 4 sheets of newspaper inside (initially to prevent bleeding onto the back of the tees). Yesterday, while touching up a few spots where the ink hadn't quite stayed as light as I wanted, I realised that the newspaper had stuck to the dried ink inside the front of some of the tees in some spots.

So now I have 8 tees with newspaper in varying amounts stuck inside them.

Is there an easy way to remove the paper without damaging the print? I haven't heat set them yet as I wasn't sure whether to try removing it before or after!

Please please help, I've searched a few times for an answer, but seems I may be a unique bozo for making this mistake!

Thank you in advance,
Emma

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 17th, 2015 Dec 17, 2015 9:49:57 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Neil
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default Re: Newspaper stuck inside t-shirt - how to remove?

You might try spraying the newspaper with a squirt bottle of water until it's soaked through and then you should be able to get it off in shreds.

Old December 17th, 2015 Dec 17, 2015 10:04:03 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcord
You might try spraying the newspaper with a squirt bottle of water until it's soaked through and then you should be able to get it off in shreds.
Thank you Neil, I'm going to try that on my least newspaper-y one in a few. I'll let you know how it goes. (It's also the method my grandmother just suggested)

Old December 20th, 2015 Dec 20, 2015 4:41:19 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Neil
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

I use this technique when I'm wet applying vinyl graphics. If I accidentally get some water onto the backing and it wants to stick to the adhesive, peel the rest off and spray the stuck part generously. Then it can be scraped off with your fingernail. (Of course it's easier to be careful and not get the backing wet at all but...)

Old January 4th, 2016 Jan 4, 2016 6:13:05 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

It didn't quite work. It's very stubbornly stuck, a layer will come off but not the lot.

I've stuck one in the machine after peeling off as much as possible, hoping that will remove the last of it without too much of a mess.

*crosses fingers*

This is a discussion about Newspaper stuck inside t-shirt - how to remove? that was posted in the T shirt Printing Issues section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in