T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Forums.com Announcements > T shirt Printing Issues
Having trouble making your T shirt? Post here

Ryonet WBP Dual Cure Hybrid emulsion horrors!

Like Tree6Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 9th, 2015 Oct 9, 2015 6:48:27 AM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ryonet WBP Dual Cure Hybrid emulsion horrors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by casperboy77
I quickly skimmed through this thread and apologize if someone already said this:

In the final step of reclaiming your screen did you use degreaser?. This is a VERY important step.
Ohhh wow. Good point. I can't believe I didn't think to ask that...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 12th, 2015 Oct 12, 2015 10:23:10 PM -   #17 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Even though it appears dry to the touch it must set before exposure for at least 24 hours or perhaps more.

Old October 13th, 2015 Oct 13, 2015 5:09:10 AM -   #18 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Thanked 1,596 Times in 1,481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdsafsf
Even though it appears dry to the touch it must set before exposure for at least 24 hours or perhaps more.
With proper dehumidification, heat and air flow screen can dry very fast. If your humidity is too high in your drying area 48 hrs wouldn't be long enough.

Old October 13th, 2015 Oct 13, 2015 6:41:24 AM -   #19 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Kirill

Did both of those. It's definitely the humidity. Ruled out everything else. Thanks for reply.

Old October 13th, 2015 Oct 13, 2015 6:41:27 AM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

What would be the best setup or layout for a dehumidifier? I assume I would want to use a small space (closet?!?!) and have a dehumidifier in that room/area?
If I make a drying box with no fans (just vent holes) with a vacuum pulling air through the box, where would be the best spot for the dehumidifier?...between the heater and drying box?
What about a back corner of my garage? Could I hang heavy curtains or build temp walls or would the humidity get through those?!?!
I'm up in the hills off of a lake so it doesn't get TOO humid...I just don't want any issues.
Thanks!!!
nagual20 likes this.

Old October 13th, 2015 Oct 13, 2015 6:49:29 AM -   #21 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thanks to everyone here who tried to help.

If you're just scanning the thread - my problem was that the emulsion was drying in a fairly high humidity ( 50% or more ) and didn't quite dry all the way through after 6 or even 16 hours, even though it appeared dry on the surface. The result was that the water would blast my emulsion off the screen. It didn't help that I use a fairly coarse, low-thread-count mesh.

The sticky film I got was a result of ink on the transparency not blocking enough UV during the exposure. I fixed that by printing two identical transparencies and carefully taping them together.

Thanks again.

Old October 13th, 2015 Oct 13, 2015 7:35:07 AM -   #22 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

What I did is this - got a large 50 gal plastic storage container from a hardware store. Stretched some rope inside from wall to wall, allowing me to lay up to 4 screens to dry at a time.

On one side there's a 4 inch hole, which I connected to the same exhaust vent as my clothes dryer ( when I use my dryer, I plug the hole inside the dryer box with a cap, so hot humid air from clothes dryer doesn't back-blow inside my drying box ).

On the other side of the storage container, there's another 4 inch hole which is connected via a plastic vent to a standing dehumidifier I got on craigslist for 50 bucks.

There's a lot of duct tape involved, and cutting holes in plastic tupperware containers with a jigsaw, and other tools.

But in the end I got the humidity inside the dryer box down to about 35%, which dries the screens much more reliably.

Old November 10th, 2015 Nov 10, 2015 9:41:01 AM -   #23 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: cesar

Wow these stories of waiting anywhere between 10-24 hours for a screen to be ready is just CRAZY...look boss switch over to the ulano QTX emulsion. I on a regular basis coat, dry with a blow dryer, and expose a fresh screen within 25 minutes of coating it...take into consideration I have a bada** exposure unit but even when I had my DIY halogen light set up I could coat the screen blow dry it for 15 mins and expose under 2 500 watt halogen lights for 1:45 and BOOM any and all the best detail exposed no problem. Just a suggestion bud

This is a discussion about Ryonet WBP Dual Cure Hybrid emulsion horrors! that was posted in the T shirt Printing Issues section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in