Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Forums.com Announcements > T shirt Printing Issues
Having trouble making your T shirt? Post here

What kind of print is this?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 10OEightCLo
  • 1 Post By TYGERON

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 26th, 2014 Oct 26, 2014 8:13:16 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: 10 O'Eight
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default What kind of print is this?

My plans are to start a clothing line, but starting off with just a collection of shirts.

I am very interested to know what kind of print work is this for both images? It looks similar to full sublimation, but to my knowledge, full sublimation can only be done on white shirts. Please help me out with this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/027...g?v=1406841622

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/027...g?v=1411760946
Footpd likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 26th, 2014 Oct 26, 2014 11:05:00 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Creative Pile

Default Re: What kind of print is this?

The one with the artwork on the bottom corner can be as a 4-color water base discharge or
printed with 5-10 colors to match the original artwork. I would contact your local screen shop to get a price and recommendation for your designs.
The one with the red & white stars should be able to print using sublimation. The colors just wont be as vibrant.

Old October 30th, 2014 Oct 30, 2014 6:08:40 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Dave

the first one is definitely direct to garment

Old October 30th, 2014 Oct 30, 2014 10:36:32 PM -   #4 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

If you look closely, both background shirt images are exactly the same. These are digital mock ups not actual photos of printed garments. For that reason it's not possible to say definitively what method would be used.
The top one could be done as process, simulated process or index. Discharge may or may not be utilized. Could be Direct To Garment but probably not sublimation because the shirts are Black. To achieve a clean, seam-to-seam all-over print (without any overprinting at the seams) as in the second image, it's likely the material would be printed prior to being sewn. But it could be done post assembly as an all-over print.
So there are a few viable options.

If either of these styles are what you want for your own designs, do shop around and don't just take definite "no's" as far as what can or can't be done. Some printers are limited as far as their capabilities and will tell customers "it can't be done" as opposed to "it can be done, but we don't do it".
10OEightCLo likes this.

Last edited by TYGERON; October 30th, 2014 at 10:45 PM..

Old November 8th, 2014 Nov 8, 2014 4:31:23 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: 10 O'Eight

Thank you very much.

This is a discussion about What kind of print is this? that was posted in the T shirt Printing Issues section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in