T-Shirt Forums

T-Shirt Forums (https://www.t-shirtforums.com/)
-   T shirt Printing Issues (https://www.t-shirtforums.com/t-shirt-printing-issues/)
-   -   4 color press. 7 color design (https://www.t-shirtforums.com/t-shirt-printing-issues/t437346.html)

Dstitched October 1st, 2014 05:35 PM

4 color press. 7 color design
 
I have a four color press and a 7 color design can any one help me. The shirts are neon green and the design is a human that needs to be a human color.

SonicEagle October 1st, 2014 05:59 PM

Re: 4 color press. 7 color design
 
What are you wanting to know? Can anyone help you what? So far you have only made a statement of having a 4 color press and 7 color design. What do you need help with?

sben763 October 1st, 2014 06:36 PM

Re: 4 color press. 7 color design
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dstitched (Post 2439954)
I have a four color press and a 7 color design can any one help me. The shirts are neon green and the design is a human that needs to be a human color.

A example may help. There are many was to print multi color with less colors. Did a design last week guy got a quote from a shop said it was 12 colors. I was able to do on my 6 color press. although The hues have to be close and the Neon green probably wont be much help unless there is some green in the design

4 color does make it hard and you would have to use opaque inks unless there is white and even then I would try to save that foe a highlight white istead of a underbase and highlight on sam screen

debbbbsy October 2nd, 2014 12:45 PM

Re: 4 color press. 7 color design
 
It depends entirely on the design, in theory it is a no. You cannot print a 7 colour design with a 4 colour carousel.

It is however possible to put 2 colours on the same screen. But I stress this depends on the design.

Dstitched October 2nd, 2014 02:30 PM

Re: 4 color press. 7 color design
 
Thanks to all of you.

scottwarren October 2nd, 2014 04:22 PM

Re: 4 color press. 7 color design
 
I dont know about your shirt color creating issues, but CYMK is how to get it done

Viper Graphics October 2nd, 2014 04:59 PM

Re: 4 color press. 7 color design
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by debbbbsy (Post 2442162)
It depends entirely on the design, in theory it is a no. You cannot print a 7 colour design with a 4 colour carousel.

It is however possible to put 2 colours on the same screen. But I stress this depends on the design.

This is an example of that.... put the blue and green on same screen here..

ka24e510 October 5th, 2014 05:00 PM

Re: 4 color press. 7 color design
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmcawards (Post 2442498)
This is an example of that.... put the blue and green on same screen here..

I've been toying with the idea of making a white under base screen that is centered on the platen. this would be a floating screen that would not be attached to your machine. once the white is printed and flashed, then you can CMYK the rest as if it were a white shirt. you could do an oval or rounded rectangle where the edges of the white print seem to fade into the shirt color(half tone / gradient). Just an experimental thought~

TYGERON October 6th, 2014 04:52 AM

Re: 4 color press. 7 color design
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by debbbbsy (Post 2442162)
It depends entirely on the design, in theory it is a no. You cannot print a 7 colour design with a 4 colour carousel.

It is however possible to put 2 colours on the same screen. But I stress this depends on the design.

But why, in theory, is it a no?

You sound absolute that you can't do 7 on a 4. Why not?

debbbbsy October 13th, 2014 09:36 AM

Re: 4 color press. 7 color design
 
Quote:

But why, in theory, is it a no?

You sound absolute that you can't do 7 on a 4. Why not?
I didn't say it was an absolute no.If you actually read my reply properly Tygeron, I actually say it can be done, but it depends on the design.

TYGERON October 13th, 2014 09:46 AM

Re: 4 color press. 7 color design
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by debbbbsy (Post 2467249)
I didn't say it was an absolute no.If you actually read my reply properly Tygeron, I actually say it can be done, but it depends on the design.

It depends entirely on the design, in theory it is a no. You cannot print a 7 colour design with a 4 colour carousel.

Maybe you should re-read what you wrote.

What you meant and what you wrote contradict. Above is your exact quote. Maybe you meant that in theory it is a "yes". And you "can" print a 7 color design with a 4 color carousel.

TYGERON October 13th, 2014 09:58 AM

Re: 4 color press. 7 color design
 
I think I get it though. You probably meant "spot colors", where their orientation in the graphic matters and colors may be doubled up or tripled up, etc.

The OP didn't specify "spot colors" specifically and exclusively.

jeron October 13th, 2014 10:01 AM

Re: 4 color press. 7 color design
 
40 Attachment(s)
Your can do a lot with over printing. Depending on the colors. The there is CMYK.

OP put up a picture of what they want and then we can tell you if it will be possible with your press and shirt color

Thanks,
Jeron

sben763 October 13th, 2014 10:34 AM

Re: 4 color press. 7 color design
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeron (Post 2467353)
Your can do a lot with over printing. Depending on the colors. The there is CMYK.

OP put up a picture of what they want and then we can tell you if it will be possible with your press and shirt color

Thanks,
Jeron


Heres a 4 color print!!! Howmany colors do you see. This was simulated with overprints

jeron October 13th, 2014 11:07 AM

Re: 4 color press. 7 color design
 
40 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sben763 (Post 2467481)
Heres a 4 color print!!! Howmany colors do you see. This was simulated with overprints

That's exactly what I was taking about. Thanks for the pic lol.

Thanks,
Jeron


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:22 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2014 T-ShirtForums.com. All rights reserved.