Is this pretty good plan and does it work? Has anyone done this? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Marketing

T-Shirt Marketing Category Sponsor

Discuss the fun task of marketing a t-shirt shop. Where to advertise, local marketing tips, word of mouth, press releases, search engine marketing, keyword advertising, magazines, etc.

Is this pretty good plan and does it work? Has anyone done this?

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By monkeyisland90
  • 1 Post By NoXid
  • 1 Post By DrivingZiggy
  • 1 Post By seacookie

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 2 Weeks Ago May 8, 2019 11:47:10 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Is this pretty good plan and does it work? Has anyone done this?

So, I been doing lot of tech work and also did tees as a side hustle and creating one design for fun on a daily basis. I use okiprinter white toner, screenprinting, sublimation to print my tees. I have a website which gets some sales and I don't worry as it's a side hustle. However, I wanted to take my tees and sell it wholesale (and maybe outsource it or hire someone to make) and wondering if anyone does this by contacting niche specific shops. For instance, I would contact bike shops and let them know designs I have related to bikes. I did a trial run and seem many shops were more offended I contacted them instead of being open (bike shops are probally unhappy shop owners?)

Anyways, is this one plan to implement and does it work? Or will it require lot of time and patience (like anything I know) . Has anyone done this where you sell individually on your shop and then sell wholesale to locally or online. (where buyers will really not see since my brand isn't famous or anything ).

And getting contact information for shops , is online the best? Like a directory. I don't wanna be that guy solicitating or spamming shops but seems one time email for each shop couldn't hurt.
Industryps likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago May 9, 2019 10:35:54 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Bryan
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: Is this pretty good plan and does it work? Has anyone done this?

Well, okay, I've had a similar thought. BUTTTTTTTTT I have been quite slow to actually get anything started. I can't believe it's 2 years already!

Anyhow, my thought was to make a shirt or two specific to the business. You know, with the business name on it and everything. Then go to the business and give the shirts to them along with my contact information and tell them to give me a ring if they want more.

I don't know if that would be a solid plan or not as I seriously suck at sales. But I have had a bit of success from just "doing my thing" and the people seeing ME and "my thing" are impressed enough to want me. I just can't sell other peoples' stuff.

Just a thought. Don't know if it would work or not.

Old 1 Week Ago May 9, 2019 2:19:56 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy
to make a shirt or two specific to the business. You know, with the business name on it and everything. Then go to the business and give the shirts to them along with my contact information and tell them to give me a ring if they want more.
Hire a stripper to wear that shirt and let her do the selling part. Let me know how it went.

Old 1 Week Ago May 9, 2019 6:03:28 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyisland90
... many shops were more offended I contacted them instead of being open (bike shops are probally unhappy shop owners?)
Brick and mortar shops are sitting ducks for every sales guy in the world. They come be phone, by mail, by email ... by the damn door

People running shops are attempting to make money, not make you money, and can get a bit testy when the 10,000th person gets in their face (or Inbox) with more sales spam

Which is not to say you might not find a shop that is interested, but the guy chose to run a bike shop, not a boutique, for a reason.

Old 1 Week Ago May 10, 2019 7:35:01 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Bryan
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Yeah, spam is spam. Shucks, I've been out of the trucking business for quite a while now but still am getting several calls every day from people who want to lend me $200,000. Yeah, they say "pre-approved" but if they did ANY checking they would not have approved that. 6 or 8 calls every damned day.

Oh, and today I get a call from a robot with a twist. Voice actor who uses an old lady voice to tell me to check out a website where seniors get income. Yup. Gonna get right on that.

Is it just me, or have I been making every thread about me? Well, maybe it's just me.
into the T likes this.

Old 1 Week Ago May 10, 2019 7:57:54 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy
Is it just me, or have I been making every thread about me? Well, maybe it's just me.
Everything is fine. You just need some cuddle time

This is a discussion about Is this pretty good plan and does it work? Has anyone done this? that was posted in the T-Shirt Marketing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in