T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Marketing

T-Shirt Marketing Category Sponsor

Discuss the fun task of marketing a t-shirt shop. Where to advertise, local marketing tips, word of mouth, press releases, search engine marketing, keyword advertising, magazines, etc.

Google ads vs. facebook?

Like Tree11Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 11th, 2018 Sep 11, 2018 3:52:22 PM -   #16 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Google ads vs. facebook?

Google ad is worth it to get you site bumped to the top of your region. That way you can be above the top T-Shirt company in the city.

If you're from Atlanta, make sure your website comes up in the sponsored section of google when someone puts in "custom t-shirt atlanta". Facebook probably isn't as good as doing that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 13th, 2018 Sep 13, 2018 11:16:42 AM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: AL
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

What about advertising on ebay?
I see shirts advertised and white toner printers.
What is better?
AL

Old September 19th, 2018 Sep 19, 2018 1:14:03 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

one is pull marketing (google ads (search))
one is push marketing (Facebook ads)
choice is yours

Old September 19th, 2018 Sep 19, 2018 6:15:34 AM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

How do you apply and to whom to advertise on both Google and Facebook?
AL

Old July 25th, 2019 Jul 25, 2019 9:19:54 PM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Lucy

If you looking to increase leads for your business then Google Ads is the best option available but if you are looking to increase your reach among clients and customers , then Facebook Ads is best among all social media platform.

Old July 28th, 2019 Jul 28, 2019 11:59:18 AM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Research and then test market on eBay. I am doing exactly that Bob. It is pointing me in the right direction by just seeing the activity versus what I was doing before I did new research.
Example: Why do people purchase a $15,000 to $20,000 printer to make the same end product as a $975.00 printer?
This may sound crazy but to understand this for marketing and advertising purposes is essential.
Thanks Bob,
AL

Last edited by splathead; August 14th, 2019 at 09:18 AM..

Old July 29th, 2019 Jul 29, 2019 9:15:09 AM -   #22 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Rav

Google i find more productive, search for keywords to use and you will get more hits, more hits, more reach you will get.

you have to understand it more on a personal level to proceed further. no offence.
billions use google, and its the most hits ive had using it.

Old July 30th, 2019 Jul 30, 2019 12:04:44 AM -   #23 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Pat
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

I have a friend who was spending £400 a week on ad words, to gain about 100 sales per week of a £30 niche product. The cost per sale was high at about £4, which is similar to the commision and paypal fees on ebay or Amazon. The plus side is that he was getting better margin by selling from his own website than he would get by selling on ebay.

He was appearing at the top of the google listings nationaly for his product, but it took several months for the trade to build to a sustainable level.

There are two points here -
1 - Ad words are as expensive as any other type of marketing, and a budget needs to be invested before there is a return. There is no guarantee that clicks convert to sales.
2 - Niche products have a finite market by definition. Although it is possible to generate trade with ad words, when competitors follow your lead the pie doesn't get any bigger but the slice gets smaller. A small increase in competition can lead to an exponential decrease in sales. Ad word spend per sale goes up.

Old July 31st, 2019 Jul 31, 2019 3:40:03 AM -   #24 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Tried both.... none worked for me. Its too expensive.
Now trying seo again... been 8 months... am stuck on 2nd page. nothing beats top google ranking

Old July 31st, 2019 Jul 31, 2019 6:45:15 AM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Test marketing is working on ebay as far as traffic. I think I will now direct my webmaster to make my web site towards this direction to get sales.
AL

Last edited by splathead; August 14th, 2019 at 08:56 AM..

Old February 26th, 2020 Feb 26, 2020 10:56:22 AM -   #26 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: riiupw

Facebook is good for targeting a niche. People who may not be looking to buy, but may buy when the see the product.
Google display is somewhat similar to facebook.

Old April 14th, 2020 Apr 14, 2020 8:26:02 PM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Bryan

It's amazing how some of these old posts keep getting love. From day 1, net new - Facebook is best hands down. Just have to know how to target your market. It's the easiest way to get brand awareness too. If your product is awful - forget Facebook, Google, SEO, etc. You have to have a GREAT product no matter what channel you use.

Old April 15th, 2020 Apr 15, 2020 4:28:48 AM -   #28 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Both can be very effective however in my experience I have seen most success with retargeting campaigns that promote catalogue sales using Facebook pixel tracking. These automated campaigns show products that people have previously viewed on your website in their Facebook feeds and Instagram feeds and encourage them to come back to finalise their order.

In all instances the most important metric to watch is ROAS (Return On Ad Spend). Generally Iím happy if I see a ROAS above x8 though I often see ROAS up to x30. The best campaign Iíve run had a ROAS of x178 however it had to end early as we ran out of stock.

Old 3 Weeks Ago May 11, 2020 12:27:12 AM -   #29 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Alison Smith

From my experience Google Adwords works better by far. Itís a search engine, which means your potential customer is already luke warm and looking for your product or service. Facebook currently has two billion monthly active users, while Google Ads reach billions of people every day. Google Ads can be a powerful tool for your business. You just need to know how to use it effectively, because not all paid ad campaigns attract customers and work well. I recently came across this article https://recommendme.online/how-to-set-up-campaign, which have helped me to set up my campaign.

Old 3 Weeks Ago May 11, 2020 5:10:43 AM -   #30 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

This is the part if the T-shirt business for gown-ups. Suddenly the realization that making the t's, however complicated we make it, is the EASY part.
Every business owner will share 'marketing' is the never ending challenge. Even mediocre product thrive with exceptional marketing.
The first evaluation you must make is what do you have the most of, Time or Money?
If it's time they invest in LOCAL and niche marketing. This can mean all within you sphere of influence (those who may know you from pre-school), folks with whom their exists a shared experience (today that is everyone if you can get a proper platform), a niche from which one can create a shared value. Invest your time and calling, meeting, blogging and blogging. How many businesses do you know that have ONLY a FB presence? That should be a clue.
If it's money you need to spend it in a leverage-able fashion. I would begin with investing the time or resource to create a social media 'Pillar Post." That is an authoritative blog to which you will refer or link all other marketing and social engagement. For example a 6,000 word post on how to evaluate apparel based on manufactures specs. Every product you list should be linked to the appropriate section of the pillar post. Now you have something to 'run with' when 'breathable' is a part of the description.
The same can be done to create relevance in "long tail' searches such as "T's with dogs in Dunedin Florida." Developing digital presence in searches for Dunedin and/or Florida and/or dogs and T's that build on the pillar post will create search engine relevance which could mean after to buy the initial traffic (budget thousands of dollars for your first year) your 'information' will allow you to create the internal list so you can reduce your contributions to FB and big G. Remember, LIST BUILDING, is a strategy that pays well when part of long term goals.
Last word....STAY OFF AMAZON.
What do I do? FB and G&G. The advise offered on this forum for how to help small business owners during the C-19 event will prove incredibly insightful. This was all about turning 'good will' into strategic advantage. This ship has not sailed yet so opportunity still exists with niche t-wearers.

This is a discussion about Google ads vs. facebook? that was posted in the T-Shirt Marketing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in