T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Marketing

T-Shirt Marketing Category Sponsor

Discuss the fun task of marketing a t-shirt shop. Where to advertise, local marketing tips, word of mouth, press releases, search engine marketing, keyword advertising, magazines, etc.

[CLOTHING LINE] Marketing through Social & Google

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By sarkson15
  • 1 Post By HoodieMan84

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 12th, 2016 Jul 12, 2016 1:49:29 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: TJ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Marketing through Social & Google

Hi all,

In an effort to get my clothing line off the ground, I've been experimenting with a number of different mediums (Facebook, Google & Instagram). Even though I'm about 100$ in the hole, I haven't managed to make a single sale and I'm wondering whether advertising on these mediums has worked for anyone else (specifically talking about sales, not pageviews).

I've so far experimented with lackluster Fiverr gigs to drive traffic, tracking pixels through Facebook advertising and running Google Display campaigns featuring my designs. I get a lot of pageviews but no sales so far (it's only been 3 weeks, but still). I'm working on adding google analytics tags to figure out where exactly the problem is but at this point I'm assuming that my designs and the price point isn't the problem. I'm assuming that I just need to find the right places to market.

In your experience, what has worked best for you? Are mediums like Pinterest and Instagram effective in influencing sales? Are there any other platforms that you would recommend?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 12th, 2016 Jul 12, 2016 4:48:36 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: opuuga

Default Re: Marketing through Social & Google

i use instagram alot.. and work out well

Old July 12th, 2016 Jul 12, 2016 1:25:33 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You're not the first and certainly won't be the last to make Facebook richer.

The thing is, it's very effective for certain products and audiences. However, lots of things have changed as it has to do with selling apparel if your name isn't Nike, Puma, etc. So you're already facing an uphill battle.

If you have an apparel business and you want to use Facebook, you're going to have to build an audience first. This means you need to know who your ideal customer is. Are you selling cat shirts? Cool. Are you selling shirts of Birman cats eating ice-cream? Bingo!

Once you have your audience you can't just force the shirts onto their bodies. That's virtual abuse. You've got to nurture them. Fatten them up like folks at a McDonald's drive thru during morning rush hour. You're going to have to post creative content such as articles, memes, pics, all kinds of cat crap.

And then, when you're done and have made them into loyal beasts that crave your content, then you offer them the goods. And when you do this, the beauty of Facebook's retargeting pixel will slowly increase your sales. That's when it will be worth giving them your cash because then it will be for equal gain for both of you.

Another thing to remember is that there are multiple social networks. You do NOT have to be on all of them! At most choose 2 that make sense for your business. The reason for this is that having just two allows you to focus all your efforts on them to grow and dominate your market.

Bottom line: don't expect to throw money at a service and have it instantly drive sales. Put in the effort to know who you want to buy your brand. Find out where they hang out and go fatten them up.

One more thing, as of right now forget that Fiverr even exists. Smart people have no business being there searching for talent. Sure you might find a diamond in the rough but that's as rare as women looking for the perfect guy.

Let me know how you get on or if you want more tips. Cheers.
Godma and ninanoreen like this.

Old July 12th, 2016 Jul 12, 2016 6:49:28 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Sarkson hit it right on the nose.

You have to find your target market, pander to them, and then sell to them.

The only reason I don't like Facebook, is because once you get a fanbase, you have to pay to advertise to your hard earned fanbase, because your regular posts, don't usually receive a lot of views (unless your engagement level is through the roof.)

If I was you, I'd use Pinterest. Facebook is for people who want to kill time, post videos, or watch random videos. Pinterest is specifically about finding content, and seeing things you like. Create a a board, create interesting content that has to go along with your product, link your pictures, and then add Google Analytics, and watch how much quality traffic Pinterest brings you.
Godma likes this.

This is a discussion about Marketing through Social & Google that was posted in the T-Shirt Marketing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in