T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Marketing

T-Shirt Marketing Category Sponsor

Discuss the fun task of marketing a t-shirt shop. Where to advertise, local marketing tips, word of mouth, press releases, search engine marketing, keyword advertising, magazines, etc.

[CLOTHING LINE] im getting traffic but no sales

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 31st, 2012 Aug 31, 2012 6:23:49 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default im getting traffic but no sales

ive just started my website and im getting decent traffic over 500 views per day with great feedback totaling about 1500 views but i only have one sale how do i increase this ratio for the better

Wabi Sabi Tees hoodies and accessories

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 31st, 2012 Aug 31, 2012 9:12:12 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: PrintingRay
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default Re: im getting traffic but no sales

Try to get unique visitors from the targeted place which you want. Visitors from the other counties no matters so, be clever in promotion.

Old August 31st, 2012 Aug 31, 2012 9:54:51 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Loretta
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

To increase sales you will need better designs. Especially for the price you are charging.

Old August 31st, 2012 Aug 31, 2012 1:23:28 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jim
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Cool Re: im getting traffic but no sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabisabi
ive just started my website and im getting decent traffic over 500 views per day with great feedback totaling about 1500 views but i only have one sale how do i increase this ratio for the better

Web site could be better. Designs not too bad. Marketing has to be specific to target to get more sales, and remember .... it takes time!!

Old August 31st, 2012 Aug 31, 2012 1:56:42 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Rick
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

your site is making me hungry O.o ~

Old August 31st, 2012 Aug 31, 2012 7:50:01 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:

Hey Wabisabi,

It's great that your getting 500 views a day. I just started a site that sells custom phone covers and I would be happy if I was getting even 20% of that. Can you share how you accomplished to achieve that many daily views in such a short time-frame.

Also, have you thought of adding an animated eye-catching banner that highlights a few of your popular designs? this could enhance the feel of your site and get more of your viewers to click through your designs.

Old August 31st, 2012 Aug 31, 2012 8:17:07 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

it's spreadshirt. when you have 30,000 new design submissions a week to your platform, you can bet you may get some traffic to your 'partnership' or whatever they call it... and potentially lost in the mix.

i think your designs belong on something like spreadshirt, zazzle, cafepress. i certainly wouldn't spend thousands of dollars with a slick site, marketing, advertising, etc.. that said, i would give it time and use your social media to get ppl to visit.

Old August 31st, 2012 Aug 31, 2012 8:22:16 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thanks for responding. I had not noticed that wabisabi's site is from spreadshirt.

The only problem I would have is that the phone covers I sell are not predesigned (for the most part). My site has a customizer tool that allows the user to upload their own photo or design. Plus my whole system is integrated with Magento ecommerce. That's why opening a store on spreadshirt or zazzle would not work for me.

Thanks anyway Ryan.

Old September 1st, 2012 Sep 1, 2012 1:40:36 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Mike
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

I like your designs, I really do. And of course, my favourite was the upside down Australia. So, I thought, I might order that.....got to the cart and all was good, clicked on international shipping rates and due to your wood panel background, I couldnt actually see the rates. Black on a blackish/reddish background. That may be the only thing you need to adjust. Otherwise I liked it.
Due to the popularity of spreadshirts, you will need to do some serious social networking, both online and offline to get to the market that will buy your shirts. I think the views you are getting atm are just "tyre kickers".

Old September 2nd, 2012 Sep 2, 2012 1:56:35 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:

I love your name and you've got some pretty cool Japan-inspired designs which I'm a fan of.

I too think it's great you're getting that kind of traffic. I don't know what kind of customization Spreadshirt allows but try to put something attention-grabbing on the front page if you can. That way they stay on your site longer and spend more time considering your products.

Like Jen said, do some social marketing both online and offline to get to your target market. Join some Japanese culture blogs and see if they'll dedicate a post to you (after being engaged in their community first). Get involved with the Japan-loving, sushi-eating community out there.

Good luck!

Old September 3rd, 2012 Sep 3, 2012 9:54:44 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Nigel

Definitely do some offline work in your target markets and get involved in the community you're trying to sell to. That has helped us a lot this year.

Old September 12th, 2012 Sep 12, 2012 6:44:13 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Sammi

I'm a girl, with an extreme spending habit.. and these are the ONLY shirts I find appealing: Don't Be So Koi(the mens in red is better than the white) and Caged Up... I would never buy something like "awareness"... Also the ɐılɐɹʇsn∀ shirt is just confusing to me.. Like whats the point on that one?

I would ditch the mustaches and random stuff.. and stick to the japanese stuff. For the girls shirts maybe try to go more the kawaii route.. Like take offs of Hello Kitty and other stuff thats popular with the girl market.

Old September 13th, 2012 Sep 13, 2012 8:26:35 AM -   #13 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Gucci

Try finding more people that wear stuff like that, I personally dont know anybody. Im just starting, but I have over 150 shirts sold of a single design. You just gotta not be lazy and go out places and wear the shirts youre trying to sell.

Make them so theres nothing else like it on the market, not something I can find at Hot topic or spencers for 10 dollars cheaper

Old September 16th, 2012 Sep 16, 2012 10:36:02 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Terri

Hi there,

im sorry this doesnt help answer you question but i was wondering where you got your t-shirt images from or did you produce them yourself? I'm trying to source images exactly the same and i am really struggling. I have a guy from the US that downloaded sum for me from S&S Activewear but now hes to busy to send me the rest and at the moment i have a half finished site.

Can you help at all??

Old July 2nd, 2020 Jul 2, 2020 2:02:23 AM -   #15 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Fizfy

Hello, If you are getting traffic but sales than you should try Fizfy Social Proof Notification. This tool surely help to increases sales.

This is a discussion about im getting traffic but no sales that was posted in the T-Shirt Marketing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in