Print On Demand & Fulfillment with ORGANIC/SUSTAINABLE sourcing - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services

T-Shirt Marketing Category Sponsor

Discuss the various t-shirt fulfillment services in this general fulfillment forum. Newer companies like RedBubble, etc can be discussed in this main forum.

Companies that have been around 2+ years (CafePress.com, Zazzle.com, Spreadshirt.com, PrintMojo.com, PrintFection, etc), may have their own separate subforums below (as demand permits).

Print On Demand & Fulfillment with ORGANIC/SUSTAINABLE sourcing

Like Tree5Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 9th, 2017 Jan 9, 2017 5:48:16 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Sonya
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Print On Demand & Fulfillment with ORGANIC/SUSTAINABLE sourcing

Hi, I hope I'm doing this right. I recently joined the forum and asked this question in the New Member/Intro section; but I think I'm supposed to direct questions more specifically in categorized forums?

Well here goes:
I'm trying to take my eco-friendly, apparel for the whole family line into the DTG/POD/fulfillment world. But I'm having trouble finding a printer with organic/sustainable POD catalog. Oh, and I live in Hawaii (which means different things for inventory and shipping and quality assurance.)

The most I've found is on Printful which has 3 organic blanks (1 mens, 1 womens, and 1 youth tshirt). Print Aura has 1 mens sustainable tshirt and 1 women's racerback (which apparently has inconsistent inventory). Great Apparel For You has some items in their complete catalog but not in their POD catalog. And no one has organic baby onesies.

The last couple years, I've discovered that Royal Apparel has a great many styles, high quality, ethical manufacturing policies and good prices for organic/sustainable and I would LOVE to continue to use their blanks.

Does anyone (printer) out there work with Royal Apparel on a POD basis? I'd appreciate any voices of experience or solid references from others.

Big mahalo (thank you)!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 20th, 2017 Jan 20, 2017 10:40:22 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Default Re: Print On Demand & Fulfillment with ORGANIC/SUSTAINABLE sourcing

I'm looking for the same thing, just want to follow the thread. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohamom
Hi, I hope I'm doing this right. I recently joined the forum and asked this question in the New Member/Intro section; but I think I'm supposed to direct questions more specifically in categorized forums?

Well here goes:
I'm trying to take my eco-friendly, apparel for the whole family line into the DTG/POD/fulfillment world. But I'm having trouble finding a printer with organic/sustainable POD catalog. Oh, and I live in Hawaii (which means different things for inventory and shipping and quality assurance.)

The most I've found is on Printful which has 3 organic blanks (1 mens, 1 womens, and 1 youth tshirt). Print Aura has 1 mens sustainable tshirt and 1 women's racerback (which apparently has inconsistent inventory). Great Apparel For You has some items in their complete catalog but not in their POD catalog. And no one has organic baby onesies.

The last couple years, I've discovered that Royal Apparel has a great many styles, high quality, ethical manufacturing policies and good prices for organic/sustainable and I would LOVE to continue to use their blanks.

Does anyone (printer) out there work with Royal Apparel on a POD basis? I'd appreciate any voices of experience or solid references from others.

Big mahalo (thank you)!

Old January 22nd, 2017 Jan 22, 2017 10:55:36 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Terry

Following! looking for the same thing. Love Royal Shirts

Old January 24th, 2017 Jan 24, 2017 10:25:15 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Steve

A Alohamom, I tried sending a PM but your inbox is full.

Mahalo

Steve

Old January 24th, 2017 Jan 24, 2017 11:51:52 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Hi Steve, thanks for letting me know. I just deleted my messages in the inbox so should be able to receive a PM from you now. Appreciate your interest, Sonya

Old January 25th, 2017 Jan 25, 2017 6:00:40 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Thanked 2,495 Times in 2,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smckee21
A Alohamom, I tried sending a PM but your inbox is full.

Mahalo

Steve
Why not post here and share with everyone who is interested?
seacookie likes this.

Old January 30th, 2017 Jan 30, 2017 11:00:38 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member

Also looking for any company that can print on demand using sustainable apparel here in the US. Royal Apparel has been noted but also open to using the Econscious brand.

Any leads?

Old January 31st, 2017 Jan 31, 2017 12:09:15 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Hello all, just a quick update on my search for print on demand with organic/sustainable blanks.

So far, I have found that Heritage Screen Printing in PA does DTG/POD fulfillment using some sustainable blanks (econscious, Alternative, American Apparel). I had a helpful conversation with Steve, who seemed very customer friendly and understanding. I like that they also do screen printing and embroidery and have a full service art department. This may be perfect for any of you looking to print on sustainable garments. However, their catalog of sustainable blanks DOES NOT contain any infant/toddler apparel which is problematic for my business. Royal Apparel has a good line of sustainable infant wear and we talked about how we could work it out. Because Royal Apparel doesn't have many free freight options, it would require me to more or less keep an inventory of RA stock with them -- which defeats much of the beauty of POD.

Similarly, I also spoke to a lovely gal from ANA Custom Products in Georgia and they could do DTG POD fulfillment using Royal Apparel, but again, it would require a sort of limited RA inventory with them. ANA seems to have better cost margins for me, so I may end up doing my baby things with them and maybe working through Heritage for the adult POD, sustainable apparel.

Great Apparel for You in Chicago also said they could work out an inventory arrangement on Royal Apparel blanks. Again, this is not the POD model I was looking for.

E. Kleinbard which actually shows Royal Apparel on their blank catalog never returned my email/phone call.

The Printful does have 2 adult American Apparel tshirts in its DTG/POD catalog. Not the nicest styles, not great range or the quality of, say, the Royal Apparel line. But they exist. And the nice thing about the Printful is that it is already fully integrated with Shopify and you can upload designs straight through the Shopify app. Fulfillment seems pretty seamless; the other companies would require that I fill out an external form to send them and upload print files through Drop Box or the like. The Printful is just really easy an simple. Trade offs. Heritage is working on some sort of ecommerce integration, perhaps through Ship Station.

I am still trying to figure this out and will need to send sample designs to each organization I'm considering to see if I can depend on the quality. Printful made it easy to get their RGB templates on both black and white shirts so I can color correct my png files. ANA Custom Products and Heritage said they could do something similar but it takes more than just a couple clicks of the mouse to get those things handled so I'm behind on that work.

Hope that helps!

Old January 31st, 2017 Jan 31, 2017 1:34:49 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Denise

Just wanted to make a correction that the business in Georgia being referenced is AnA Custom Prints not products. anacustomprints.com

Old April 12th, 2017 Apr 12, 2017 4:20:54 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member

You can call me: Cheryl

Smile Re: Print On Demand & Fulfillment with ORGANIC/SUSTAINABLE sourcing

I am also very interested in this topic and I have been unable to find a company to do POD and drop shipping using organic products.

I have contacted several companies and gotten no where. I have approached Gooten about starting to carry an organic line and will keep you posted.

Has anyone tried "inkthreadable?" They are based in the UK and offer an extensive line using a brand called "Continental Clothing." My concern with them is that they mentioned that on rare occasion my clients might be charged an additional fee for customs or something like that but this cannot be determined ahead of time. They have a great selection and works seemlessly with Shopify but I will loose customers if there are hidden additional fees.

Has anyone used them?

Please keep this thread posted if you find a vendor.

Thank you!

Old April 12th, 2017 Apr 12, 2017 4:30:32 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Gene

There are smaller fulfillment companies that deal in Organics, Royal, Alstyle and possibly some others. You just need to start contacting some of them.

Old April 13th, 2017 Apr 13, 2017 11:51:40 PM -   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Hi, both ANA Custom Prints (Georgia) and Heritage Screen Printing (Philly area) have been cooperative in talking with me about POD using Royal Apparel sustainable/organic items, which I prefer. Neither of these companies stock inventory so we're working out how to do this, starting small. I haven't begun printing yet so can't tell you much more. But you might want to contact them. Best wishes!

Old June 6th, 2017 Jun 6, 2017 10:55:40 PM -   #13 (permalink)
Forum Member

You can call me: Danny

Was looking for the same thing for my own company and came across these guys?

www.printaura.com

Boom.

Old June 20th, 2017 Jun 20, 2017 4:28:52 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: martin

This is very interesting topic. I think you can get help from the internet and find some companies which offer on-demand printing service on users t-shirts. There are lots of companies that deal in the same.

Old June 24th, 2017 Jun 24, 2017 1:59:13 AM -   #15 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Khujo

Cool Re: Print On Demand & Fulfillment with ORGANIC/SUSTAINABLE sourcing

Air Waves OnDemand LLC on Shopify is pretty legit

This is a discussion about Print On Demand & Fulfillment with ORGANIC/SUSTAINABLE sourcing that was posted in the T-Shirt Fulfillment Services section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in