T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services

T-Shirt Marketing Category Sponsor

Discuss the various t-shirt fulfillment services in this general fulfillment forum. Newer companies like RedBubble, etc can be discussed in this main forum.

Companies that have been around 2+ years (CafePress.com, Zazzle.com, Spreadshirt.com, PrintMojo.com, PrintFection, etc), may have their own separate subforums below (as demand permits).

Can you really make a profit with a fulfillment company

Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By MRRG
  • 2 Post By KaymaXX
  • 1 Post By oneoffdtg
  • 1 Post By RayRay970
  • 1 Post By Desweaver
  • 4 Post By ultraprintworks
  • 1 Post By DoubleDaggerTees

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 4th, 2016 Oct 4, 2016 12:55:14 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Can you really make a profit with a fulfillment company

Hi all, I'm very new to the forum so I would like to start by saying hello and thanks for accepting me. I'm at the beginning stages of starting my own clothing line starting with T-Shirts first. I plan on venturing into sweatshirts, hats, and bookbags eventually as the line grows. I was thinking about starting off with designing t-Shirts and having printul fulfill the orders because I don're really have much start-up cash to get a hundreds of shirts printed up. My question is, can people make a decent profit with selling t-Shirts through fulfillment companies ? If so what are some of the strategies that you used to make it a success? I was going to use prideful as my fulfillment company and squarespace as the website host but I would like a little guidance or read some other post about how people went about using a fulfillment company and making a decent profit from it. Sorry if this post is long but I have so many questions and so much to learn. I'm definitely going to use this forum as a school to learn about the t-Shirt business.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 4th, 2016 Oct 4, 2016 1:35:38 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Rick
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: Can you really make a profit with a fulfillment company

Hi @MRRG,
I just started my website on Shopify last month and the only thing I can say right now is that on each item I get printed by fulfillment, I make some profit. This excludes ones that I've bought to use as samples because when I tell friends I started a t-shirt company, they say "Can I see what your shirts are like?"

I also have a few designs on RedBubble, and my first sale to a total stranger was last week to a woman in Germany via RedBubble. That or other tshirt sites or even CafePress might be a good place to start. If you wait for a sale at RedBubble, you get a discount on your own stuff + the discount (I think), so getting samples can be equivalent or cheaper than your fulfillment supplier.

Oh, plus the fulfillment company I use is digital direct to garment (DTG) print on demand (POD) so even moving to handbags is just the same as printing Tshirts. Sites like Redbubble and DesignByHumans also allow you to upload a design, then they print it on a number of other imprintable objects, like mugs, canvas bags, clutches, mouse pads, phone cases, etc.

But also note you can find a fullfilment company whose product cost is lower than something like RedBubble. In fact the one I use has shirts lower priced than the Printful.

The Shopify store costs $30 US a month. I'm working on an order of custom printing for my Chiropractor for about 10 shirts and I can make about $150 CAD profit, so that one order can pay for my hosting site for almost 3 months.

I also am trying to make a clothing line (or two, or 3 ) so I market mostly on Instagram and I'm working more Twitter in since Instagram is so visual. I set up a Facebook page and most of my traffic still comes from Facebook, and I did pay for post promoting a couple of times which brings eyes to my site but so far no sales.

I just found out GoDaddy also has an ecommerce option available and I'm testing it out, though I don't think it integrates directly with my fullfiment company. But if I was really on hard times, I'd just drop Shopify and find a cheaper website for taking orders but I hope to have this run itself which is why I went POD with Shopify.

A popular site nowadays for indie designers is Society6. You can post 5 products on a store on their site for free, and even more options start at only $9.99 a month I think. Unless I have that confused with another site I checked out.

So, depending on what you do you can make a profit. It cost me nothing to have a shirt put up on Redbubble and I just made $5.65. On DBH they have a set rate of $3 profit per shirt sold. Society6 gives you $2.40 US per shirt, but other products like art prints you can set your own price.

I hope all that helps, contact me via Direct Message (DM) if you want any more info.

I'm still new too.
-Rick

Old October 4th, 2016 Oct 4, 2016 2:38:27 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Former Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Andre

This guy seems to be pretty good at explaining things in his blog: https://www.michaelessek.com/

I came across his posts and his blog in discussions in this reddit group which you can also search for related keywords like Printful, etc.: https://www.reddit.com/r/Entrepreneur/

Hope this helps.

Old October 4th, 2016 Oct 4, 2016 3:02:12 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaymaXX
This guy seems to be pretty good at explaining things in his blog: https://www.michaelessek.com/

I came across his posts and his blog in discussions in this reddit group which you can also search for related keywords like Printful, etc.: https://www.reddit.com/r/Entrepreneur/

Hope this helps.
Yes it definitely help!!!! Thank you so much for the info and the entire encouragement. If it's ok I will like to DM you when I get closer to the release date just to make sure I'm starting out on a good foot.

Old October 6th, 2016 Oct 6, 2016 11:42:49 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRRG
Hi all, I'm very new to the forum so I would like to start by saying hello and thanks for accepting me. I'm at the beginning stages of starting my own clothing line starting with T-Shirts first. I plan on venturing into sweatshirts, hats, and bookbags eventually as the line grows. I was thinking about starting off with designing t-Shirts and having printul fulfill the orders because I don're really have much start-up cash to get a hundreds of shirts printed up. My question is, can people make a decent profit with selling t-Shirts through fulfillment companies ? If so what are some of the strategies that you used to make it a success? I was going to use prideful as my fulfillment company and squarespace as the website host but I would like a little guidance or read some other post about how people went about using a fulfillment company and making a decent profit from it. Sorry if this post is long but I have so many questions and so much to learn. I'm definitely going to use this forum as a school to learn about the t-Shirt business.

Just be prepared for a lot of work! It will be rewarding in the end though.
MRRG likes this.

Old October 30th, 2016 Oct 30, 2016 11:34:17 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDaggerTees
But also note you can find a fullfilment company whose product cost is lower than something like RedBubble. In fact the one I use has shirts lower priced than the Printful.
Hey Rick, do you mind sharing which fulfillment company you are using that is lower priced than Printful?
MRRG likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to RayRay970 For This Useful Post:
MRRG (October 31st, 2016)
Old October 31st, 2016 Oct 31, 2016 1:54:57 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Brandon

Thanks for this.
MRRG likes this.

Old October 31st, 2016 Oct 31, 2016 1:30:42 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thanks for your reply, would you be willing to share the fulfillment company with me????

Old November 4th, 2016 Nov 4, 2016 11:23:57 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Garrett
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

There are a few companies as competitive or more than Prihtful. The biggest thing you want to find is a printer that you like the quality and can stand behind it. Pricing can be a reason to switch but in the long run you may find yourself sacrificing quality and spending more time on customer support and or product replacement.

Old November 29th, 2016 Nov 29, 2016 4:54:42 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Blake

Depends on how great your marketing is I have clients who can sell 1000 shirts in an hour through their social media platforms. There are so many ways to create a market and "brand" yourself. Be unique and take advantage of all the free knowledge that's on the internet!

Old December 6th, 2016 Dec 6, 2016 9:19:07 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Sorry for the delay folks. I was using Gooten for DTG POD.

The prices are very good, but their interface is kind of clunky. Very good support though, and they have good business oriented emails.

I switched to Printful because it's integrated into TicTail (no sales yet) and it easily integrates into WooCommerce.

However, I have one commission for christmas that I processed via the Printful site. I tried to do a custom label inside the shirt but forgot the required information (first timer!) so the print got delayed.

Then I removed the inside label and they didn't restart fulfillment right away.

Now it's taken more than 3 days for fulfillment (actually I fixed the label on Nov 27, so its been almost 7 days for fulfillment). I checked this morning and it still hasn't shipped yet. Printful is in California and I'm in Canada, so it might not get to my client before Christmas due to my mistake.

But I also think Gooten would have handled it quicker. No problems with their quality. I have at least one shirt I printed through Gooten and it's great. They do have a lower choice of colours and brands though.

Last edited by DoubleDaggerTees; December 6th, 2016 at 09:20 AM.. Reason: Added proper fulfillment delay.

Old January 15th, 2017 Jan 15, 2017 4:11:59 AM -   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDaggerTees
Sorry for the delay folks. I was using Gooten for DTG POD.

The prices are very good, but their interface is kind of clunky. Very good support though, and they have good business oriented emails.

I switched to Printful because it's integrated into TicTail (no sales yet) and it easily integrates into WooCommerce.

However, I have one commission for christmas that I processed via the Printful site. I tried to do a custom label inside the shirt but forgot the required information (first timer!) so the print got delayed.

Then I removed the inside label and they didn't restart fulfillment right away.

Now it's taken more than 3 days for fulfillment (actually I fixed the label on Nov 27, so its been almost 7 days for fulfillment). I checked this morning and it still hasn't shipped yet. Printful is in California and I'm in Canada, so it might not get to my client before Christmas due to my mistake.

But I also think Gooten would have handled it quicker. No problems with their quality. I have at least one shirt I printed through Gooten and it's great. They do have a lower choice of colours and brands though.

I'm thinking of giving Gooten a try. Would you still use them if they had the WooCcommerce and TicTail integration over Printful?

Thanks

Old January 15th, 2017 Jan 15, 2017 9:07:01 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Hi,
you can make a profit with selling t-Shirts through fulfillment companies but it depends on your product quality and marketing.marketing and quality are the two important things in the tshirt business.

Old January 16th, 2017 Jan 16, 2017 2:20:54 PM -   #14 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by printpreneur
I'm thinking of giving Gooten a try. Would you still use them if they had the WooCcommerce and TicTail integration over Printful?
They actually do integrate with WooCommerce it turns out. The tshirt from Printful just arrived FRIDAY, as it didn't ship until January 4th.

Gooten has also been doing some updates to their process, and they have invited some of us to beta test the new site which sounds interesting. They also added a few new products.

However I have had mugs done with Gooten and they arrived in 4 days so if I had to do mugs I would go with them for sure.

As a recent development, a company in Georgia emailed me offering to be my POD DTG fullfillment company, and it is a lot closer than California. I'm thinking about having an order sent through them to see what happens.

This is a discussion about Can you really make a profit with a fulfillment company that was posted in the T-Shirt Fulfillment Services section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in