Quick Question - best way to find a company to print my designs and send them to me - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services

T-Shirt Marketing Category Sponsor

Discuss the various t-shirt fulfillment services in this general fulfillment forum. Newer companies like RedBubble, etc can be discussed in this main forum.

Companies that have been around 2+ years (CafePress.com, Zazzle.com, Spreadshirt.com, PrintMojo.com, PrintFection, etc), may have their own separate subforums below (as demand permits).

Quick Question - best way to find a company to print my designs and send them to me

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 14th, 2008 Feb 14, 2008 4:26:15 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Quick Question - best way to find a company to print my designs and send them to me

Basically I need to find a company that can print my designs on shirts and send me them in mass quantities (400-600 shirts). I was wondering what the best way to go about this is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Kendal Roper

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 14th, 2008 Feb 14, 2008 7:05:00 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Tim

Default Re: Quick Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendalroper
Basically I need to find a company that can print my designs on shirts and send me them in mass quantities (400-600 shirts). I was wondering what the best way to go about this is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Kendal Roper
The best way is to find a contract screen printer that deals in larger quantities and buy the shirts yourself. You ship to them, that way they don't add a markup for ordering the shirts for you and you get the best deal you can get.

Old February 14th, 2008 Feb 14, 2008 7:05:26 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Are you printing on their shirts or yours?
What type of printing technique? (Screen, dye-sub, water-based)?

And, umm, 400-600 isn't even CLOSE to being "mass quantity." Most printers wouldn't even take a job that small--it's not worth the time. "Mass quantities" in the apparel world is 10,000 items and up in a single production run. You need to be looking for a very small mom and pop printer; otherwise, no one is going to return your calls.

Old February 14th, 2008 Feb 14, 2008 7:29:03 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoustacheKC

And, umm, 400-600 isn't even CLOSE to being "mass quantity." Most printers wouldn't even take a job that small--it's not worth the time. "Mass quantities" in the apparel world is 10,000 items and up in a single production run. You need to be looking for a very small mom and pop printer; otherwise, no one is going to return your calls.
That's not necessarily true. You're right about the mass quantities but my printer is capable and willing to take orders as small as 12 pieces and more than 100,000 pieces.

Old February 14th, 2008 Feb 14, 2008 8:51:28 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3560
That's not necessarily true. You're right about the mass quantities but my printer is capable and willing to take orders as small as 12 pieces and more than 100,000 pieces.
I totally agree Tim, I think the majority of printers would take this job no problem.

Old February 15th, 2008 Feb 15, 2008 1:42:43 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
The best way is to find a contract screen printer that deals in larger quantities and buy the shirts yourself. You ship to them, that way they don't add a markup for ordering the shirts for you and you get the best deal you can get.
Perfect. I think that I will be buying about 1,000 shirts of royal apparel or continental-usa.

In your opinion, what do you think the best contract screen printing company is?

Quote:

I figured that I would be doing about 1,000 shirts for the first order.

Quote:
That is good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydayz
I totally agree Tim, I think the majority of printers would take this job no problem.
That is what I had originally thought. I am still learning about this, thanks for dealing with me.

Old February 15th, 2008 Feb 15, 2008 2:08:51 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

If you are seriously looking for a screen printer right now, you can post a thread in the referrals section in the forum asking for referrals. Just make sure you list what you are looking for and an approximate location, I am sure there are plenty of members here who can give you referrals. Hope this helps

Old February 15th, 2008 Feb 15, 2008 2:13:40 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydayz
If you are seriously looking for a screen printer right now, you can post a thread in the referrals section in the forum asking for referrals. Just make sure you list what you are looking for and an approximate location, I am sure there are plenty of members here who can give you referrals. Hope this helps
Perfect. Thanks.

Old February 22nd, 2008 Feb 22, 2008 10:47:32 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,228 Posts

Quote:

I don't think that's correct about "most printers will not take a job that small".

I don't know of any screen printer that would turn down a job of 300-400 pieces.

This is a discussion about Quick Question - best way to find a company to print my designs and send them to me that was posted in the T-Shirt Fulfillment Services section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in