T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services

T-Shirt Marketing Category Sponsor

Discuss the various t-shirt fulfillment services in this general fulfillment forum. Newer companies like RedBubble, etc can be discussed in this main forum.

Companies that have been around 2+ years (CafePress.com, Zazzle.com, Spreadshirt.com, PrintMojo.com, PrintFection, etc), may have their own separate subforums below (as demand permits).

Anyone familiar with alloverscreenprinting.com???

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 25th, 2010 Aug 25, 2010 9:25:49 AM -   #16 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,228 Posts

Default Re: Anyone familiar with alloverscreenprinting.com???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testify Clothing
Ok so a little update regarding Air Waves. We recieved our sample shirts with our design today. Over all they didn't meet my expectations with the print. Prints were a little different than what our designs were. I've attached the original art versus the finish product. Notice on the shoulder the black gap between the front and back design which really stands out. We are new at this so we really don't know what to expect, but we thought they would turn out better. Is our expectations to high?

With all over prints, you can definitely expect some imperfections in the print, especially near the seams.

Have you tried putting one of the t-shirts one to see if the gap stands out as much when you actually wear the t-shirt?

For a real world example, I bought this t-shirt from threadless.com that had a cool all over print. If you look at the t-shirt from straight down, you can see a big gap on the left hand side. There's also some gaps in the ink on the right hand side near the under arm.

threadlessallover.jpg

But when you actually wear the t-shirt, you can't see either of the imperfections and it looks great.

I know it probably doesn't make you feel any better about it not looking perfect, but if you go to almost any store and take a close look at the different all over prints like this, you'll see discrepancies in the print quite often.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 25th, 2010 Aug 25, 2010 10:38:37 AM -   #17 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Yeah it's more noticable when wearing it. We understand it's not going to be perfect, but we want to start off with a good reputation on deliverying a quality product. I'm uncertain what process they use but does belt printing cover those seems? Also not sure if anyone can see in the picture but they used a sea foam green color instead of what was in the original design.

Old August 25th, 2010 Aug 25, 2010 11:52:02 AM -   #18 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testify Clothing
Yeah it's more noticable when wearing it. We understand it's not going to be perfect, but we want to start off with a good reputation on deliverying a quality product. I'm uncertain what process they use but does belt printing cover those seems? Also not sure if anyone can see in the picture but they used a sea foam green color instead of what was in the original design.
If you're unhappy with it, you probably should talk to them to see what can be done.

It's hard to say from looking at the picture how far off it is, but like the photo I showed you from a very large company (threadless) that was done on a belt printer, sometimes these types of prints don't come out exact every time.

Old August 25th, 2010 Aug 25, 2010 12:47:43 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Justin
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Both of those are probably printed on all over pallet similar to those from Action Engineering. From the trends that I have noticed, most printing companies are opting for this method opposed to traditional belt printing because you can keep tighter color registration which allows for more colors to be printed (threadless design posted by Rodney). Another reason is that the printer can have more of a flat printing surface to print. When printing with these platens you only have shoulder seams and collars to print over, whereas with a belt printer you have seams, collars, 2 layers of shirt, and folds to deal with. Imagine taking a t-shirt, spraying the inside of it with spray adhesive, and trying to lay it perfectly flat on your kitchen counter. You will always get folds in the shirt where the adhesive sticks together in areas before you have it perfectly flat. This is belt printing. With belt printing, you may have less of a gap around the outer edges of the shirt, but the quality of the print will be less consistent than a shirt printed with all over platens. Also, when printing the back of a shirt with a belt printer, you will have a noticeable impression where the ink is printed over the hump created by the front collar. In my opinion (Testify), the way that the shirt was printed was the best possible method. If it would have been printed on a belt printer, you might have gotten a little more coverage over the shoulder, but you would have creases and other imperfections in the print, along with a print on the back that has the collar imprint (pic below). As far as the ink color, that is something that is usually picked and confirmed by the customer as an agreed pantone before printing. Hope this helps.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg affliction.jpg (284.8 KB, 55 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to Unik Ink For This Useful Post:
Rodney (August 25th, 2010)
Old August 25th, 2010 Aug 25, 2010 2:07:07 PM -   #20 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thanks for the reply Justin, your explanation was very helpful.

Old August 25th, 2010 Aug 25, 2010 2:31:50 PM -   #21 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Thanks a gajillion Justin! That was very helpful!

Old October 4th, 2010 Oct 4, 2010 8:52:17 AM -   #22 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

This is a post from Michael Leaventon, one of the owners of Air Waves, which does all over screen printing. I wanted to respond to several messages on here about Air Waves, Alloverscreenprinting.com and Chris Curphey and clarify some issues brought up online in this forum.

First of all, Chris Curphey used to own Alloverscreenprinting.com and now works in sales for Air Waves. Chris's company was shut down by his bank and there were a few unfortuate customers that were financially harmed in that situation. I have personally helped 2 customers retrieve goods out of the leased space being held by the Landlord. Air Waves has tried to help these clients without any responsibility for the previous business being shut down. Air Waves did NOT purchase the business or any equipement from Alloverscreenprinting.com as well.

Air Waves has been in business since 1981 and is a world leader in direct print and heat applied graphics. We stand behind our product and have a reputation of treating our customers well. That is how we have continued to grow and develop a world-wide reputation for our work.

I have personally communicated with several of the folks on this forum and have tried to work out some of these situations. However, being in business as most of you are aware, not every customer can be satisfied. People have made some comments about Air Waves that are just not accurate. There are comments that Air Waves was paid for a product that was never delivered, and that is just not true.

I would welcome any calls or direct coorespondance if anyone would like to know more about Air Waves or the products we have produced for others including those folks on here that have not had their questions answered.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael L For This Useful Post:
BWD (October 4th, 2010), Rodney (October 4th, 2010)
Old November 18th, 2010 Nov 18, 2010 6:58:28 PM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Exclamation Re: Anyone familiar with alloverscreenprinting.com???

I'm big on professionalism from companies I work with. If I call about a question about my order, SOMEONE needs to be picking up the phone!
If you're going all out in trying to contact this company, email, phone calls, voice mail, carrier pigeons, smoke signals and your not getting a response, it's time to drop them by the waistside and keep on looking.
They may not be ready to take on REAL business if they decide not to respond to you after your repeated attempts!

Old November 19th, 2010 Nov 19, 2010 2:38:33 PM -   #24 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I appreciate the feedback and comments. And, I will let you know that Air Waves would not be in business since 1981 if we did not treat our customers well.

All I can say is that "all customers are not created equally". We attempt to resolve every situation, however, some clients do not want to resolve issues, especially if the cost of the resolution lies in their hands and not the vendors.

We all would like to believe that the customer is always right. But as we learn as business owers, that is not always the case.

Old June 1st, 2015 Jun 1, 2015 10:05:19 AM -   #25 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Chris Curphy and his wife Heather Curphy are serial scammers. They've opened up a new screen printing business whenever the last one gets too bad of a wrap. Other names they have gone by are 'Shirt Artisians', 'Branding Shark', and 'Contract Print House' to name a few. I've included a link to one of their BBB pages below full of reviews about how they've scammed people. I honestly don't understand how these people aren't in jail by now

Shirt Artisans Review - Screen Printing in Pataskala, OH - BBB Business Review - BBB serving 21 Counties in Central Ohio

Old February 21st, 2016 Feb 21, 2016 2:07:09 PM -   #26 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

In October of 2015, Chris Curphey ran my credit card for $1800. I shipped him 475 shirts. He printed none of them. I was luck enough to get them back by paying shipping costs again. He has since disappeared and won't return calls or emails.

My lawyer sent him a registered letter which was also returned, not signed for.

Hate losing money, but hate thieves even more. I will never stop going after this dirtbag. If I have to find him in Ohio personally, so be it. I will find him.

This is a discussion about Anyone familiar with alloverscreenprinting.com??? that was posted in the T-Shirt Fulfillment Services section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in