[ADVICE] - Element marks showing on dark wrap mug - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > T-Shirt Crossover - diary of a heat press newbie
This section of the forum is where Rodney, a die hard screen printing fan, journeys into the world of heat press and heat transfers. Coming from the perspective of a complete heat press newbie making t-shirts for the first time. Jump right in :)

[ADVICE] - Element marks showing on dark wrap mug

Like Tree3Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 26th, 2015 Sep 26, 2015 6:35:20 AM -   #31 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Larry
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Element marks showing on dark wrap mug

Quote:
Originally Posted by poizonBarbie
Im a perfectionist tho, and i dont want to have to compromise what people ask for.
Hi Ema, I hear you and probably so does every other printer on this forum.... your new...and I'm not wanting to sound like I'm discouraging you...please, go for it, but we all have been in your shoes. Not criticizing or bashing here....but we will see if you have the same mindset in a year ) I have just certain jobs that I have to be critical on...the majority you will find you place way too much time in designing and being perfect with every print. you will learn the shortcuts, you will have to. and the customer will never know. as far as the comment about the border....never had one print bad...been printing sublimated mugs and plaques since 2006. Hope you have as good results! Good luck.
There are a lot of good people on this board and they will give good advice so keep asking the questions and experimenting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 26th, 2015 Sep 26, 2015 6:55:02 AM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: John
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
I will complain to my machine supplier as its new
Our press is Geo Knight. It sat on a distributors shelf for a year and a half and was out of warranty, or they would have just sent us a replacement. As it was the heating pad (I call it a blanket) was under warranty and they would cheerfully have replaced it if we had sent the press in and picked up the shipping. As it happened we were in a real time crunch and didn't have time for that so we just bought a new heating pad and got the job out. The people at Knight bent over backwards to get us up and going. Returned our calls within an hour multiple times on the same day. Their honest commitment to customer satisfaction is simply the best I've run into in over 20 years of decorating.... well nearly anything. I've been called down here for "Pimping" other companies, but I think good news should travel as quick and as far as bad reviews. God if only there were an embroidery vendor who had the same business ethics and sense. Well the Chinese will own it eventually.

p.s. IMCawards is right. When you first get going you make an art form out of blocking a screen stencil, over time you save perfection for when it pays, either literally or in your reputation.

Old September 26th, 2015 Sep 26, 2015 8:13:14 AM -   #33 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Ema
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have crafted for yrs, and im always a perfectionist whether its a glitter glass, a crocheted blanket, a knitted cardigan, a decorated candle, just the way i am, id rather give my best every time. I just dont want to have to say to someone 'no you cant have that design cus i cant do it how you want it'.
The machine is under warranty so i might see what they have to say. In their instructions it says 180 - 200 degrees C for 200 - 300 seconds. So i tried different combinations of that and the black writing came out brown.
The customer will notice faded edges on the top and bottom of a block design

Old July 1st, 2016 Jul 1, 2016 9:18:12 PM -   #34 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Derek
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I print lots of mugs and the setting is 180c for 200sec. Does your press start the countdown when it climbs back up to temp or does it just fire when you shut it? on my small press I have to wait to hit the timer when it climbs back up when I'm pressing things like ceramics or else it's a fail.

This is a discussion about Element marks showing on dark wrap mug that was posted in the T-Shirt Crossover - diary of a heat press newbie section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in