[PLASTISOL TRANSFERS] - a review of 8 different custom plastisol transfer screen printers - samples followup - Page 20 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > T-Shirt Crossover - diary of a heat press newbie
This section of the forum is where Rodney, a die hard screen printing fan, journeys into the world of heat press and heat transfers. Coming from the perspective of a complete heat press newbie making t-shirts for the first time. Jump right in :)

[PLASTISOL TRANSFERS] - a review of 8 different custom plastisol transfer screen printers - samples followup

Like Tree31Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 20th, 2014 Jun 20, 2014 6:24:16 PM -   #286 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Jake
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: a review of 8 different custom plastisol transfer screen printers - samples followup

Great post Rodney! Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 20th, 2015 Jan 20, 2015 10:53:32 AM -   #287 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Default Re: a review of 8 different custom plastisol transfer screen printers - samples followup

I know this is an old post, but thank you!

Old January 20th, 2015 Jan 20, 2015 11:06:27 AM -   #288 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Nice post Rodney , hopefully can help other friends

Old March 17th, 2015 Mar 17, 2015 4:46:25 AM -   #289 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: AC

Thanks, great info.

Old September 20th, 2015 Sep 20, 2015 2:00:22 PM -   #290 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Lauren

Exclamation Re: a review of 8 different custom plastisol transfer screen printers - samples followup

I've read through all the threads and I still can't figure out which transfers to buy for printing my own art work for dark shirts. For example, I have a design that only uses green and yellow words in various layout. I can't seem to figure out which transfer paper to buy for a royal blue shirt that won't have the white backing on it. I'd like it to look just like a screen printed transfer. Is that possible? I have an Epson WF7620 and have printed many of my own designs already for light colors, but am still stumped on the darks. Thanks for the help. I have a HUGE order to do and really need to figure this out.

Old September 20th, 2015 Sep 20, 2015 5:13:00 PM -   #291 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Thanked 2,491 Times in 2,209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by syringaboutique
I've read through all the threads and I still can't figure out which transfers to buy for printing my own art work for dark shirts.

It's not so much the paper you need to figure out; any plastisol transfer paper will do this for you.

It's the ink. If you want to avoid using a white underbase, you'll need to use an opague plastisol ink.

The Following User Says Thank You to splathead For This Useful Post:
TWELVEANDTWO (October 1st, 2015)
Old September 20th, 2015 Sep 20, 2015 5:32:41 PM -   #292 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Oh, not sure I can do that with this printer? I wish I had someone close that could walk me through it.

Old September 20th, 2015 Sep 20, 2015 11:25:59 PM -   #293 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Quote:
Oh, not sure I can do that with this printer? I wish I had someone close that could walk me through it.
Give us details. What kind of printer do you have?

Sounds like you may be talking about an inkjet or laser printer, not a screen print which is what this thread is about.

Old September 21st, 2015 Sep 21, 2015 6:21:35 AM -   #294 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I have an Epson WF 7620. I was able to contact Pro World early this morning, lovely being on the west coast and most suppliers are mid to eastern standard time. She suggested their trimfree paper. I'm feeling very lost.

Old September 22nd, 2015 Sep 22, 2015 8:44:48 AM -   #295 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
I have an Epson WF 7620. I was able to contact Pro World early this morning, lovely being on the west coast and most suppliers are mid to eastern standard time. She suggested their trimfree paper. I'm feeling very lost.
You posted in the plastisol transfer thread. You can't make plastisol transfers with an inkjet printer. You can only make them using screen printing equipment.

The information you are looking for can be found in this part of the forum: Inkjet Heat Transfer Paper - T-Shirt Forums. Browse through the posts here and acquaint yourself with what's available.

Old July 2nd, 2016 Jul 2, 2016 12:20:03 PM -   #296 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thanks - that was quite a while ago. I've since purchased a white toner printer and a dye sublimation printer.

This is a discussion about a review of 8 different custom plastisol transfer screen printers - samples followup that was posted in the T-Shirt Crossover - diary of a heat press newbie section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in