How to make a custom t-shirt wall mural/todo list using IdeaPaint, a vinyl cutter and sign vinyl - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt News and Articles > T-Shirt Articles
T-Shirt Articles, Interviews, How-To Instructions and Reviews covering a variety of subjects related to t-shirts.

How to make a custom t-shirt wall mural/todo list using IdeaPaint, a vinyl cutter and sign vinyl

Share This Thread Article Tools
Old March 12th, 2010 Mar 12, 2010 4:31:13 PM -  
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,228 Posts

Smile How to make a custom t-shirt wall mural/todo list using IdeaPaint, a vinyl cutter and sign vinyl

PREFACE

I think I first came across IdeaPaint from a link posted on Twitter. It's a pretty neat product...

IdeaPaint is basically a special type of paint that you...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 18th, 2010 Mar 18, 2010 8:29:07 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: John
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: How to make a custom t-shirt wall mural/todo list using IdeaPaint, a vinyl cutter and sign vinyl

That was awesome Rodney!

The Following User Says Thank You to Swagger11 For This Useful Post:
Rodney (March 18th, 2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 18th, 2010 Mar 18, 2010 8:53:47 AM -   #16 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Default Re: How to make a custom t-shirt wall mural/todo list using IdeaPaint, a vinyl cutter and sign vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaJess
Very cool! I'd love to do that but right now we are trying to sell our house, not sure if the next owners would want a tshirt on their wall. lol
You could just paint one of the walls white with ideapaint and then surprise them with an erasable wall

The Following User Says Thank You to Rodney For This Useful Post:
Girlzndollz (March 22nd, 2010)
Old March 19th, 2010 Mar 19, 2010 5:22:19 AM -   #17 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Rodney,

What a great idea. This has massive potential for selling, and design work.

Thanks

Old March 19th, 2010 Mar 19, 2010 5:10:40 PM -   #18 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

is a forum sponsor who has contributed over 1000 helpful posts in the forums!

You can call me: Josh
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Nice - I may have to do a wall in the office

There is a dry erase overlaminate as well!

The Following User Says Thank You to JoshEllsworth For This Useful Post:
Girlzndollz (March 22nd, 2010)

Old March 22nd, 2010 Mar 22, 2010 12:25:20 AM -   #19 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Girlzndollz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,389 Posts

Rodney, ur so funny!

1. Ur paint job, crack me up, stay in ur lines bettr than I did.. hehe... ps: your paint job was way good, but that was funny.
2. Great thinking putting this with a vinyl application. Question for you:

I had the same thought seeing the bumpy wall, regarding a big piece of dry erase vinyl going over it. Seems paint might be better in that type of app, but not sure. How did the black vinyl, the Oracle (now thinking of the Matrix) how did that go on the wall? Did it adhere to the bumps well?

Thanks to you, Flowerboxx and Josh for the great info. Without your tutorial starting the whole discussion, alot of us wouldn't have known about dry erase vinyl, which for a smooth wall, if it isn't ideal for a bumpy wall, for a smooth wall THAT IS AWESOME!!

Can take a piece of dry erase vinyl and customize a vinyl overlay for specifically made for specialized situations.

I know the generic dry erase calendars Do Not fit the various situations we want to use them for, so we cross off titles, add columns, etc.

Using a big white dry erase is no fun because we either accidentally erase the customized columns we add in or eventually have to erase and redo the whole blank board.

With this combined vinyl and dry erase vinyl application, a base off dry erase coupled with "customized" personalized overlay is perfect to solve all those trouble we ourselves run into trying to keep our lives and work organized in the dry erase world!!!!!

YAY, thank you! Have a great night all. Having an insomniac night myself, a migraine and a nap earlier killed my schedule. Now I'm thinking about dry erase boards instead of counting sheep!

Old March 22nd, 2010 Mar 22, 2010 12:27:11 AM -   #20 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Girlzndollz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,389 Posts

PS: forgot, and I loved the little graphics
I heart tsf
the number 5 (design theme!)
and I heart the product lol... cute!

Old March 22nd, 2010 Mar 22, 2010 9:45:32 AM -   #21 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshEllworth
There is a dry erase overlaminate as well!
What's an "overlaminate"? Is that the same as "vinyl"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlzndollz
How did the black vinyl, the Oracle (now thinking of the Matrix) how did that go on the wall? Did it adhere to the bumps well?
The vinyl conformed to the bumps in the wall pretty well. No problems there.

Old April 23rd, 2011 Apr 23, 2011 11:49:39 AM -   #22 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Bert

this post is AWEESOME thank you Rodney

This is a discussion about How to make a custom t-shirt wall mural/todo list using IdeaPaint, a vinyl cutter and sign vinyl that was posted in the T-Shirt Articles section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in

Article Tools