[SPREADSHIRT] Spreadshirt Customisation - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > SpreadShirt
Discuss the SpreadShirt service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" SpreadShirt forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future SpreadShirt members. Visit SpreadShirt

[SPREADSHIRT] Spreadshirt Customisation

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 12th, 2009 Oct 12, 2009 2:42:11 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Nigel
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Spreadshirt Customisation

I have just set up a Spreadshirt shop and have quite a few questions. I think most of them can be answered searching through posts but I have a few specific ones...

I want to integrate my shop into my website on my own domain. I know there is the option to put in an iframe which is simple enough, but I have read here that iframes aren't recommended for SEO purposes. What are the other options to integrate the shop into a site if not iframes?

Secondly, I have my t-shirts organised under sperate categories. Is there a way to navigate the categories from outside the shop container? Has anyone successfully done this on their store? I'm in the process of trying this now but I'm not sure how.

Lastly, I would like to use a cms to create a template framework on my site as I'm currently using standard html pages right now for testing (not the way forward!). I would like to know if there are any recommendations from people who have done the same e.g. create a site using Joomla and intergate Spreadshirt into it.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 13th, 2009 Oct 13, 2009 7:52:59 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Lindsay

Default Re: Spreadshirt Customisation

Hi Nigel -
My name is Lindsay and I work at Spreadshirt - I thought I would try to help you out with some of these questions.

1. The other option for integrating your shop into your site is to customize the HTML and CSS to match you exisiting site. Check out the HTML and Web Coders forum for some more info on this
Forum

2. Check out this blog post from Tommy White (he is a Spreadshirt shop partner) - good ideas on organizing and displaying products
Organizing Your Spreadshirt Products | TommyWhite.com

3. Using Joomla and Spreadshirt - check out this thread from the Spreadshirt forums
Forum

I hope these links help. Please let me know if you need more info or feel free to contact our customer service team.

Old October 14th, 2009 Oct 14, 2009 12:24:24 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Thanks for the reply Lindsay

I'm a little confused about something though. I tried to register new details, but got a "Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator." message? What does this mean?

The second link you sent was helpful though. I'm sure the others will be once I figure out how to see them

Old October 14th, 2009 Oct 14, 2009 5:38:55 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelT
Thanks for the reply Lindsay

I'm a little confused about something though. I tried to register new details, but got a "Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator." message? What does this mean?

The second link you sent was helpful though. I'm sure the others will be once I figure out how to see them
Are you having trouble registering for the Spreadshirt forums? Just wanted to make sure that is the issue so I can follow up with the correct person. I want you to be able to use the forums!

Old October 14th, 2009 Oct 14, 2009 1:11:00 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Yes, I can't register. When I click the link to register, I get a "Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator."

Does it matter that I'm trying to register from the UK? I wouldn't have thought so but it may be worth mentioning.

Old October 14th, 2009 Oct 14, 2009 7:29:22 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I am not sure what the issue is - I am going to ask Temple who is the person in charge of our forums - we will get you an answer and a forum account!

Old October 19th, 2009 Oct 19, 2009 1:55:55 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Thank you.

I have managed to hook my spreadshirt site into my joomla site, but it does use iframes (using the wrapper feature). Does anyone know what the problem is with using iframes?

Old October 12th, 2013 Oct 12, 2013 12:00:39 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

i cant login to spread shirt forums too (i registered, start making store, and i typing right password&login (pasting it from pass keepingg app)

can you help me with this problem?

Old December 9th, 2013 Dec 9, 2013 8:52:01 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Mark

Actually, you'll WANT to use iFrames.

The content inside an iFrame is not going to be indexed by search engines. If it were, then search engines like Google (who are now ruthless and anti "small brand") are going to see that you're pushing visitors out to a 3rd party website early in the procedure, which will hurt you.

The iFrame is preventing this from happening. However, it is also giving your website the label of being a "thin content" site. To remedy this, you can set each of your individual shirt pages to "NOINDEX/NoFollow". Put all of your content on a broader page, and then link to individual shirt pages set with those two attributes.

You can also use the canonical tag, as well...point those individual pages back to their 'main page.'

I would highly recommend against forwarding visitors to your "whatever.spreadshirt.com" account. That is going to increase your exit rate and send a signal to search engines showing that you're sending visitors off to a third party. At least with iFrames, they will never leave your site. Of course, it is inevitable that after check-out, the visitor will see the Spreadshirt.com "thanks for buying" page, but there's nothing you can do about that - it's part of the baked-in process.

Of course, this all depends on if you care about organic search engine traffic. Some people do not, as they do all of their business offline. It really depends on your individual needs.

This is a discussion about Spreadshirt Customisation that was posted in the SpreadShirt section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in