Uploading graphics? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > SpreadShirt
Discuss the SpreadShirt service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" SpreadShirt forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future SpreadShirt members. Visit SpreadShirt

Uploading graphics?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 13th, 2005 Apr 13, 2005 12:56:19 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Question Uploading graphics to spreadshirt?

Was rummaging through the Spreadshirt site but couldn't fined the information on how one exactly uploads a graphic? Like in terms of cafepress I upload a white background, do you have to upload a transparent graphic there?? Cause that would let me out unless someone can direct me to whare I can make a free transparency, my art program won't do this unless I upgrade to the deluxe model. Also I don't quite get what they mean with selecting a text design add to the selected graphic etc. although I may have been reading for the 'design and buy it yourself' crowd. I find their info text skips abit between the two services, so rather than getting a store just to figure out if I can upload graphics to it, can someone whose done it tell me please? Oh, I get that the images have to be very simple or text. They aslo say they'll "wire" the money from sales to your account, what does that mean? Does it matter that I'm not in the US?

Thanks! Sorry, lots of questions!

Last edited by DMonkey; April 13th, 2005 at 01:03 PM.. Reason: forgot something

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 13th, 2005 Apr 13, 2005 2:30:32 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,228 Posts

Default Re: Uploading graphics to spreadshirt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMonkey
Was rummaging through the Spreadshirt site but couldn't fined the information on how one exactly uploads a graphic?
There are 2 ways to upload graphics at SpreadShirt.

1) A regular full color graphic with a white background which will be printed digitally.

2) A "vector" graphic that is a bit more simple (no fine lines), but can be 1-3 colors (no fades). Vector graphics will be manually processed by SpreadShirt and printed using their FLOCK or FLEX printing method (which allows them to print on dark colored shirts on demand, but with some graphic limitations).

Quote:
Like in terms of cafepress I upload a white background, do you have to upload a transparent graphic there??
No, you don't have to upload a transparent graphic.

Quote:
They aslo say they'll "wire" the money from sales to your account, what does that mean?
If you are in the US, they send the money via PayPal.

Quote:
Does it matter that I'm not in the US?
Spreadshirt is pretty international. Actually, depending on your location, you might want to signup at one of their different sites:

SpreadShirt.com - US Sales
SpreadShirt.net - EU Sales
SpreadsShirt.DE - Germany

Quote:
Thanks! Sorry, lots of questions!
No problem, that's what we're here for

Old April 14th, 2005 Apr 14, 2005 4:32:29 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

Default Re: Uploading graphics?

Thanks so much Rodney! I'm in Canada, so I'll try signing up at their US site and see if that works, can I set up a paypal account from there? I really like their clothes, and they have BLACK! Oh joy!!!

Old April 15th, 2005 Apr 15, 2005 8:58:12 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMonkey
can I set up a paypal account from there?
They have a link to PayPal.com on their site.

To setup a PayPal account, all you need to do is visit the official PayPal site https://www.paypal.com and signup for free.

Old April 15th, 2005 Apr 15, 2005 10:45:44 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

Thanks so much Rodney, I'll get on it right away!

Old April 15th, 2005 Apr 15, 2005 10:57:18 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

Dayum... I was just looking at the costs for doing shirts on spreadsheet. You have to be moving some serious quantity to make it lucrative. Not gloating, but we get Hanes Heavyweights s-xl for about $1.50 and it runs us about $1 for the screenprint. Oh snap, forgot, my partner owns a screenprint shop. However, that gives you an idea of how much Spreadsheet is banking off of each order... and digital printing them no less. Where's the love in that?

Old April 15th, 2005 Apr 15, 2005 11:27:32 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickTees.net
Dayum... I was just looking at the costs for doing shirts on spreadsheet. You have to be moving some serious quantity to make it lucrative. Not gloating, but we get Hanes Heavyweights s-xl for about $1.50 and it runs us about $1 for the screenprint. Oh snap, forgot, my partner owns a screenprint shop. However, that gives you an idea of how much Spreadsheet is banking off of each order... and digital printing them no less. Where's the love in that?
You're comparing apples and oranges there.

Print on Demand pricing and bulk pricing are two completely different animals.

Screen printing isn't done "on demand" and the pricing you're quoting are for bulk t-shirts and bulk runs, not for just ONE t-shirt.

Spreadshirt does both digital printing and flock printing on demand. It is not hard to make money when you are not paying any upfront costs to get your shirts printed. Whatever you mark your shirts up at is all profit with no overhead.

Let's try to stay on topic here though (uploading graphics, not criticizing another company's business model )

Old April 15th, 2005 Apr 15, 2005 11:35:43 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney
You're comparing apples and oranges there.

Print on Demand pricing and bulk pricing are two completely different animals.

Screen printing isn't done "on demand" and the pricing you're quoting are for bulk t-shirts and bulk runs, not for just ONE t-shirt.

Spreadshirt does both digital printing and flock printing on demand. It is not hard to make money when you are not paying any upfront costs to get your shirts printed. Whatever you mark your shirts up at is all profit with no overhead.

Let's try to stay on topic here though (uploading graphics, not criticizing another company's business model )
Contrair mon friar... we get singles for $1.50... and all of our orders are done on demand. Not attempting to get into a dispute with the moderator, but the prices I speak of at for just ONE t-shirt. What's more, neither of us had to sell our souls to get these prices. Chris does so much business in the screenprinting world that he has VIP status at the local warehouse. Sorry for getting off base.

Old April 17th, 2005 Apr 17, 2005 1:17:40 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickTees.net
Contrair mon friar... we get singles for $1.50... and all of our orders are done on demand. Not attempting to get into a dispute with the moderator, but the prices I speak of at for just ONE t-shirt. What's more, neither of us had to sell our souls to get these prices. Chris does so much business in the screenprinting world that he has VIP status at the local warehouse. Sorry for getting off base.
Well, as you just stated, his VIP status makes your situation UNIQUE and not the norm.

You won't find a screen printer in the country offering to print one t-shirt for $2.50. Setup fees, time of setup, overhead, just don't make that a realistic price.

So it is still comparing apples to oranges.

Your situation with your special relationship with your printer is not the same as SpreadShirt's situation, (which is what this thread is about).

You're free to open a new thread talking about your special relationship if you think it will benefit others

Old May 2nd, 2005 May 2, 2005 1:00:45 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

Rodney, I just want to get this straight can I upload the same way as at cafepress, using the fullcolor white background on colored shirts or am I limited to white shirts on Spreadshirt? Also, what is a "vector" graphic please.

Edit> Okay I found that, yes, white or grey only that way. Will snoop around on the thread about the "vector" thing...

Last edited by DMonkey; May 3rd, 2005 at 04:59 AM.. Reason: uh, answered my own question...sorta ;-)

This is a discussion about Uploading graphics? that was posted in the SpreadShirt section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in