Spreadshirt can't do what Custom Ink does? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > SpreadShirt
Discuss the SpreadShirt service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" SpreadShirt forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future SpreadShirt members. Visit SpreadShirt

Spreadshirt can't do what Custom Ink does?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 18th, 2008 Nov 18, 2008 12:57:06 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Annette
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Spreadshirt can't do what Custom Ink does?

I really like the looks of some of the spreadshirt tees. I'm trying to do a couple of designs so I can order them for myself to see how they look in person. I am NOT a designer and have no specific software for design so am just using stuff on my mac. I have Printshop deluxe and can put our company name and slogan the way I like it, then upload it to put on a shirt. With CustomInk, it just keeps the actual text part of the design and puts it on the tshirt (minus any white) but Spreadshirt puts the entire thing on the shirt so it basically looks like and 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper with text on it stuck on the front of the shirt. So is there a way to have it do what customink does? I know I can just design using their text but they don't have the font we use in our logo and I really want to see what our specific logo will look like on 3-4 of their shirts.
Annette

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 18th, 2008 Nov 18, 2008 1:24:02 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Dan
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: Spreadshirt can't do what Custom Ink does?

i worked for a screenprint company that printed shirts for custom ink... we used regular screenprinting equipment... customink also uses brother gt541 dtg machines for single shirts(or they did...the building they used to DTG print in is empty...they might have moved though?)
there shirts are good quality and convenient... but expensive for small orders..

Old November 18th, 2008 Nov 18, 2008 1:46:42 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Thanked 2,560 Times in 2,277 Posts

The background is only on their digital transfer method of printing. If you choose flex or flock it will be created with vinyl without a background.

They have also started using direct to garment printing. It's not available on every one of their products. But should be available on some.

Old November 18th, 2008 Nov 18, 2008 5:46:34 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbox
i worked for a screenprint company that printed shirts for custom ink... we used regular screenprinting equipment... customink also uses brother gt541 dtg machines for single shirts(or they did...the building they used to DTG print in is empty...they might have moved though?)
there shirts are good quality and convenient... but expensive for small orders..
I'm sure that the customink shirts and printing is a good quality, they just don't have the shirt style I found on spreadshirt. I tried to find it because I could get the customink graphics program to work, just can't find the shirt I want to print on from their selection.
I really want a heather or melange type shirt.
I'll go check their selection again.
Annette

Old November 18th, 2008 Nov 18, 2008 5:48:46 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by splathead
If you choose flex or flock it will be created with vinyl without a background.

They have also started using direct to garment printing. It's not available on every one of their products. But should be available on some.
I think you can only do flex print from a vector file, which I don't have and don't have the software, much less the skills to produce .

Annette

Old November 18th, 2008 Nov 18, 2008 7:36:02 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Try it with a transparent background on spreadshirt.

Old November 19th, 2008 Nov 19, 2008 5:59:11 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Is that an option on spreadshirt?
Annette

Old November 19th, 2008 Nov 19, 2008 6:23:13 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Thanked 2,560 Times in 2,277 Posts

Got this from their forum

Quote:

Question: Why is my digital showing a white background?

Answer: This is the number one digital question.

First of all, our digital process does not support transparency. We hope to have this ability in the future, but at this time, it is not supported.

There are two processes for digital images, digital transfer and digital transfer overlay. A digital transfer will only be used if the color of the apparel is white. A digital transfer overlay is the technique that will be used for any apparel that is not white.

If you select white apparel, the digital image will have a transparent background. The upload places a white background for the image, but this is not seen on the product. The actual design is transferred onto the product.

If you select apparel that is not white, then there will be a white box around your design. You now have two choices:

Leave the background as white and if the design meets the requirements stated below, then the white will be removed from the image when the image is produced.

If you want to make the design 'appear' transparent, then you can make the background the same color of the shirt. You would then put "R(color)" in the bottom right of your image. The Remove text would be part of the actually file, so if is seen and part of the image. This will notify production to trim this color away. The R stands for Remove and you put the color that you want removed in the parenthesis.

The requirements: Make sure that the design you wish to have cut out has a distinguished contour and that the smallest parts are at least .06 inches in size. Otherwise, the image will not be cut out and the background will be printed.

Old November 19th, 2008 Nov 19, 2008 4:49:19 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thanks for the tip, I have been playing with this and think I may be able to get it to work.
Annette

This is a discussion about Spreadshirt can't do what Custom Ink does? that was posted in the SpreadShirt section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in