International Transaction Fee with SpreadShirt purchases? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > SpreadShirt
Discuss the SpreadShirt service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" SpreadShirt forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future SpreadShirt members. Visit SpreadShirt

International Transaction Fee with SpreadShirt purchases?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 11th, 2005 Aug 11, 2005 7:52:58 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,228 Posts

Exclamation International Transaction Fee with SpreadShirt purchases?

I recently purchased a few t-shirts from a couple of my spreadshirt stores and after the payment was processed, I saw this line on my credit card statement:

Code:
International Transaction Fee from 8/8 -0.96
Has anybody seen this type of line item after purchasing from a SpreadShirt.COM store?

They really need to get a US Merchant acccount and/or warn US users that they may get charged extra fees by their bank since their payment processor is not US based.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 20th, 2005 Aug 20, 2005 7:26:41 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: International Transaction Fee with SpreadShirt purchases?

I have heard of fees like that being charged for non-us orders. Spreadshirts international stores are not setup to fulfill orders that are being shipped to the US. Thats why they have the spreadshirt.com set up that services the US. They have told me that their plan is to incorporate all the spreadshirt services into one so that a shop owner can sell globally from one shop and a customer will enter their shipping address in at the end, whether it be in the US or Germany, or Europe, etc. Until then you have to go to two different shops, one for US, one for everywhere else.

Old August 22nd, 2005 Aug 22, 2005 2:58:33 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

This was a purchase made from a spreadshirt.COM store shipped to the US.

There shouldn't be any charges like that for a US based site shipping to the US.

Old August 22nd, 2005 Aug 22, 2005 3:14:56 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

I would definetely take that up with Spreadshirt and perhaps deny the charge on your credit card. If you ordered it from their US site then the item should have shipped from Kentucky...but perhaps they shipped it from Germany. Either way they shouldnt have charged you the fee. I've never heard of them making that mistake.

Old August 23rd, 2005 Aug 23, 2005 2:53:05 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Solmu's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Lewis
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

It sounds more like the fault of a bank or credit card company than any of Spreadshirt's responsibility. They have no control over transaction fees.

Old August 23rd, 2005 Aug 23, 2005 7:55:33 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Well, they do if they sent the payment to the bank in the wrong currency or something...

Old August 23rd, 2005 Aug 23, 2005 11:04:42 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
It sounds more like the fault of a bank or credit card company than any of Spreadshirt's responsibility.
It would be their responsibility if they use an international bank account or merchant account with a different currency. It would be up to them to warn customers that because of this international status that extra charges could occur.

I planned to take it up with SpreadShirt directly, I just wanted to see if anybody else that ordered from their own spreadshirt store had noticed a similar fee on their banking or credit card statement.

This is a discussion about International Transaction Fee with SpreadShirt purchases? that was posted in the SpreadShirt section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in