[SPREADSHIRT] Shiny Metallic Silver or Gold - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > SpreadShirt
Discuss the SpreadShirt service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" SpreadShirt forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future SpreadShirt members. Visit SpreadShirt

[SPREADSHIRT] Shiny Metallic Silver or Gold

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 5th, 2016 Feb 5, 2016 5:24:44 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Shiny Metallic Silver or Gold

Hiyas,

Bit of a noob question, only used t-shirt printing services a few times for my own pictures and kinda simple things.

Branching out a bit I'm wondering (specific to Spreadshirt), about how to achieve a shiny metallic colouring on the shirt. Specifically with silver and gold and text in particular.

The kinda look im going for would be similar to the shiny metalic silver on the smashing pumpkins ZERO shirt for example.

eg. http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server24...40.640.jpg?c=2

In photoshop I'm basically just eyedropping one colour from an image of a zero shirt and using it to fill the text of my design.. I just have no idea how that will come out the other end? I mean it already doesn't look ideal to me but I'm not sure if I need to be more complex with it, I dunno like a more fancy fill or gradient or like speckles of different silvers.

What would be the way to recreate something like the ZERO shirt in psp to have it come out right with a shiny metallic quality?

Cheers,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 7th, 2016 Feb 7, 2016 1:21:23 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: Shiny Metallic Silver or Gold

on Spreadshirt, designs like that example, can be done as vector, and they print it using vinyl flex, which they heat seal onto the garment. So you don't need to achieve any effect, the effect comes when they actually print the garment using the vinyl.

They do also do Direct to garment printing. But for that example you have shown, going with the vinyl would be a good bet.

So you would be needing to use a programme like Inkscape to open the bitmap of your design that you created in Photoshop (or whatever), then trace it in Inkscape and save it as a vector (SVG) file.

More details here:
https://www.spreadshirt.com/help-C13.../articleId/980

Old February 7th, 2016 Feb 7, 2016 1:53:30 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thanks man, this might be another stupid question but if the flex stuff is limited to a few colours, can i still have a full colour image also printed with it?

to be clearer, i want some text in shiny silver above a full colour photo.. i cant have a vector based image with a full colour image as well right?

Last edited by autonomy; February 7th, 2016 at 03:17 PM..

Old February 7th, 2016 Feb 7, 2016 3:02:20 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Thanked 2,521 Times in 2,239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by autonomy
Thanks man, this might be another stupid question but if the flex stuff is limited to a few colours can i still have luke a full colour image also printed.

to be clearer, i want some text in shiny silver above a full colour photo.. i cant have a vector based image with a full colour image as well right?
You can't do photos with Flex. And not sure if Spreadshirt mixes media. You may have to go with their DTG method only.

This is a discussion about Shiny Metallic Silver or Gold that was posted in the SpreadShirt section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in