Feedback welcome on my new Spreadshirt shop - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > SpreadShirt
Discuss the SpreadShirt service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" SpreadShirt forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future SpreadShirt members. Visit SpreadShirt

Feedback welcome on my new Spreadshirt shop

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 10th, 2005 Aug 10, 2005 7:50:01 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Smile Feedback welcome on my new Spreadshirt shop

Hi all, I have started a new spreadshirt shop.
http://www.indobundee.com
All feedback welcome. I was generally hoping to start a discussion on some marketing tips and ideas.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 10th, 2005 Aug 10, 2005 8:04:56 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Jon

Default Re: Feedback welcome on my new Spreadshirt shop

Cool designs!

I personally don't like the look of spreadshirt stores though. Spreadshirt has the better product than cafepress, but cafepress definitely blows them away on customization of the store.

Old August 10th, 2005 Aug 10, 2005 8:30:04 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: usman

I orderd a custom T-shirt and cancelled the order an hour later, on july 18th. Today is is the 10th of august and still have not given me my refund.

Old August 12th, 2005 Aug 12, 2005 7:46:59 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Jazz Hands Jingle Bells

It takes forever to load! I think a lot of people would get tired of it and move on before it finishes. Why you put all the t-shirts on one page? It's supposed to be 9 or 12 on each page. The shirt designs are good though.

Old August 20th, 2005 Aug 20, 2005 7:20:13 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr8271
Cool designs!

I personally don't like the look of spreadshirt stores though. Spreadshirt has the better product than cafepress, but cafepress definitely blows them away on customization of the store.
Spreadshirt shops are actually 100% customizable, but you have to know HTML. You can enter new html code and display your shop anyway you want. I agree that the original default layout is not that nice.

Last edited by Solmu; June 2nd, 2007 at 04:36 AM.. Reason: removed url

Old August 20th, 2005 Aug 20, 2005 7:23:32 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bougie
It takes forever to load! I think a lot of people would get tired of it and move on before it finishes. Why you put all the t-shirts on one page? It's supposed to be 9 or 12 on each page. The shirt designs are good though.
Its up to the shop owner how its displayed and how many shirts are on the first page. A shop owner can also make links at the top for different categories and such so that you are not just sifting through 100s of shirts in no particular order. Spreadshirt is not as user friendly with the setup of the shop as other fulfillment services, but if you know a little HTML you can do anything you want with your shop.

Our site generally does not take long to load on most machines. But please do let me know if you find it slow...I would appreciate feedback on those types of things.

Last edited by Solmu; June 2nd, 2007 at 04:36 AM.. Reason: removed url

Old August 20th, 2005 Aug 20, 2005 11:26:55 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

Post Re: Feedback welcome on my new Spreadshirt shop

the thing that gets me about spreadshirt, is that you think someone has come up with a good design, only to see it on another persons site. i dont mind paying for someones original art on a shirt, but it just gives me a weird feeling, when when spreadshirt comes up with a design and all of their members start selling it. its cool that spreadshirt is making money off their design, but, again, im a little troubled when i think someone has come up with something great, and then i see it on a dozen other sites.

of course, im probably going to use spreadshirt myself at some point. im such a hypocrite.

Old August 21st, 2005 Aug 21, 2005 8:55:51 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

When I first opened my spreadshirt shop I only had my original designs. Now I have a good collection of both. The spreadshirt designs sell great and they allow you to modify them, or add your text, etc to make them a little more original. But you are not required to use their designs by any means.

I've found people aren't too hung up on buying a t-shirt thats original...if its cool and they like it then they'll buy it and wear it. Who cares if other people sell it too. You go to the mall and every other store is caring the same t-shirt that says "Everything is bigger in texas", yet they all sell out of them day after day.

Old August 21st, 2005 Aug 21, 2005 10:59:04 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Jazz Hands Jingle Bells

They only allow you to have THREE vector designs of your own until you sell 10 shirts (or pay for premium membership). So right now since I just opened my shop and have no sales yet, and since I haven't had time to make a lot of my own designs, I am using mostly Spreadshirt's designs. But I have a long list of original designs I'm going to make as soon as I can.

Old August 21st, 2005 Aug 21, 2005 1:59:55 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

You can upload as many digital transfer designs as you want. Of course they only really work good on white t shirts. I hear they are planning to offer more than 3 for free in the future.

Old August 21st, 2005 Aug 21, 2005 5:27:32 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

this is all good stuff to know. thanks!

Old August 24th, 2005 Aug 24, 2005 3:21:30 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Unhappy Re: Feedback welcome on my new Spreadshirt shop

Thanks for the feedback on the designs. You are right about the look and feel of the cafepress store because of the customization!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr8271
Cool designs!

Old August 24th, 2005 Aug 24, 2005 3:22:06 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Sorry I posted this in the wrong section!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indobundee
Hi all, I have started a new spreadshirt shop.
http://www.indobundee.com
All feedback welcome. I was generally hoping to start a discussion on some marketing tips and ideas.

Old August 29th, 2005 Aug 29, 2005 12:13:24 AM -   #14 (permalink)
Be nice, this is my first post :)

A little slow to load.
I like your header. I need to do that soon to my shop.

Old August 29th, 2005 Aug 29, 2005 11:22:42 AM -   #15 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Frames are bad. You should really avoid using frames on your site; there are other alternatives (ssi or php) that can do the same thing just as well. SSI is very easy to implement and counters the negatives (can't bookmark subpages, search engines hate frames, and more) that you'll have with frames.

This is a discussion about Feedback welcome on my new Spreadshirt shop that was posted in the SpreadShirt section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in