Problem with Spreadshirt...transparency and the online product designer? - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > SpreadShirt
Discuss the SpreadShirt service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" SpreadShirt forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future SpreadShirt members. Visit SpreadShirt

Problem with Spreadshirt...transparency and the online product designer?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 20th, 2008 Oct 20, 2008 3:24:02 PM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Problem with Spreadshirt...transparency and the online product designer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeggers
Hi, Completefighter,

This message doesn't have anything to do with light or dark colored shirts. It is suggesting that you have a vector design. Vectors can be printed on any color shirt (one advantage), removing colors won't help this issue. Did you change your logo to vector?

I am going to ask our Shop Partner experts to call you so you can walk through this with them and get the detailed information in total rather than in pieces.

Thanks,
Jana
I do have all my designs in vector format but you folks do not accept the work because of the intricate details in my designs. This is why I am going with the digital transfer because on "white" shirts is supposed to be fine right??

In regards to this email, I thought gray was considered a "light" color. But apparently the only way I can get these designs printed would be on "white" shirts.

It's fine though, I removed all my gray shirts from the shop and will see if I can sell these white shirts

Thanks for the response Jana.
Marc

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 20th, 2008 Oct 20, 2008 3:28:32 PM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jana

Default Re: Problem with Spreadshirt...transparency and the online product designer?

Marc, you are a complete fighter on this one! ;-) I appreciate all the effort you have put in, and again, I want our team to help you with the details. What I'm confused by is the message you received which suggests cutting, which isn't what digitals are about. We do have some light grays but there are also dark grays (AA asphalt for example). I'm thinking that this is about a Digital Transfer Overlay on a sleeve, but it is just a guess, based on knowing the print types -- which are varied with all different qualifications. I tried to look at your shop, but didn't find it. I have asked the experts to go through it and give you a more detailed answer on options.

Many thanks again for your patience!
Jana

The Following User Says Thank You to jeggers For This Useful Post:
completefighter (October 20th, 2008)
Old October 20th, 2008 Oct 20, 2008 3:40:02 PM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeggers
Marc, you are a complete fighter on this one! ;-) I appreciate all the effort you have put in, and again, I want our team to help you with the details. What I'm confused by is the message you received which suggests cutting, which isn't what digitals are about. We do have some light grays but there are also dark grays (AA asphalt for example). I'm thinking that this is about a Digital Transfer Overlay on a sleeve, but it is just a guess, based on knowing the print types -- which are varied with all different qualifications. I tried to look at your shop, but didn't find it. I have asked the experts to go through it and give you a more detailed answer on options.

Many thanks again for your patience!
Jana
That would be great! Thanks again Jana.

The Following User Says Thank You to completefighter For This Useful Post:
jeggers (October 20th, 2008)

Old October 21st, 2008 Oct 21, 2008 5:27:58 AM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Temple

Hi Completefighter,

Sorry for the confusion that has been caused, but I hope I am able to clear some things up on your order and with creating produts for your shop.

First, light products are condsidered white and sometimes natural. A tip when creating products, take note of the Edit design box below the products, with the rotate and flip features. This will tell you which print type is being used for the different print views, i.e. sleeve, front, back, etc.

Second, the printing methods for digital images. Digital Direct, our newest method can print digital designs and does not consider the size of elements in the designs. However, digital direct is only available on a limited number of products, which you can find on this FAQ: FAQs - Design and sell your own t shirts : Spreadshirt Also, digital direct can only be printed on the front or back, so for your designs, you can use any of the products listed on the FAQ and place them on the front and back and you should not have issues with getting the products produced.

Digital Transfer Overlay, is a print method for colored apparel and sleeve prints on all colored apparel. In order to print with this method, your designs would have to meet certain requirments for the Digital Transfer Overlay process. Since your design did not meet these requirements for DTO and it was on the sleeve, it could not be done.

Digital Transfer is a print method for white apparel that is not supported by Digital Direct, but has no requirments, therefore if you want to print on the sleeves of products, you would need to print on white apparel or your design would need ot meet the DTO requirements.

Finally, as a conclusion, if you print on the Digital Direct products front and back, then you should not have issues with your shop products or future orders. The sleeve printing is always going to be DTO on colored apparel, so you would need to make sure your design meets those requirement. White apparel will be able to print any design, for front, back, or sleeves.

Now, you have also mentioned you have vector formats, but trouble with getting the design approved. Our Design Team can help you...if you want to see what areas of you design are causing the rejection, then I would recommend emailing your design as an attachment to [email protected] and ask them to tell you what the problem is and suggestions for getting approved. It is great for them to be able to see the design, then they are able to outline specific areas which are notworking for the design to pass and help you get them to pass...mention I suggested this from the Tshirt forums!

Hope this was not too much and helped explain some processed better. In the future we do want to offer Digital Direct for our digital designs, which would help avoid such issues like this in the future. If you have any other questions or comments, then please post back or email our team at [email protected].

Thanks,
Temple

Old October 21st, 2008 Oct 21, 2008 10:32:47 AM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

if you want... all my products are DTG printed due to my designs..... you can use AA tshirts and the heavyweight tshirts......so you can view my shop setup if you want.....

if you have vector and dtg designs..... keep them separate......

This is a discussion about Problem with Spreadshirt...transparency and the online product designer? that was posted in the SpreadShirt section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in