Horrible Printing Job - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > SpreadShirt
Discuss the SpreadShirt service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" SpreadShirt forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future SpreadShirt members. Visit SpreadShirt

Horrible Printing Job

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 3rd, 2008 Sep 3, 2008 3:07:55 PM -   #16 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,228 Posts

Default Re: Horrible Printing Job

:shudders:

Um, well, it looks like for sure that's NOT the DTG (Digital Direct) printing. That's an opaque transfer (digital transfer overlay)

So it does look like it was printed using the wrong technology if you ordered the other type.

Quote:
on the shirt sample it doesnt look 10x10..it looks like you can get a large print on front...
What size t-shirt did you order?

A 10"x10" print on a Small t-shirt will cover up more of the t-shirt (and look more like it does in the designer) than a 10"x10" print on a the XXL size that I would wear.

Did you measure the print you received. I'm not sure the size of the design is off.

I know there are maximum print sizes for each of the printing methods and you should be able to input what size you want the design to be printed when you are creating it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rodney For This Useful Post:
karinachavez (September 3rd, 2008)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 3rd, 2008 Sep 3, 2008 3:15:26 PM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

its a Large shirt..

i called some people from Sony and Epic Records so that i can get permission for the Eazy E shirt

Old September 4th, 2008 Sep 4, 2008 6:06:47 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

Wow! This is interesting. I've been sitting on a shirt over at Spreadshirt that I recently ordered with Red Bubble. I heard and read the quality was not geat with Spreadshirt so I moved over to Red Bubble. However Red Bubble's machine broke and I have a very long wait on my hands so I thought I would try printing over at Spreadshirt just to give it a shot. This post makes me think twice about that. You mentioned you liked Zazzle? Hmm. I'll have to have a look at their site.

It's proving much harder than I thought to find a simple place to print some nice T-shirts online.

Thanks for the info.

Old September 4th, 2008 Sep 4, 2008 10:46:16 AM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoche
Wow! This is interesting. I've been sitting on a shirt over at Spreadshirt that I recently ordered with Red Bubble. I heard and read the quality was not geat with Spreadshirt so I moved over to Red Bubble. However Red Bubble's machine broke and I have a very long wait on my hands so I thought I would try printing over at Spreadshirt just to give it a shot. This post makes me think twice about that. You mentioned you liked Zazzle? Hmm. I'll have to have a look at their site.

It's proving much harder than I thought to find a simple place to print some nice T-shirts online.

Thanks for the info.

im hoping that it was a one-time mistake and that i can continue printing with Spreadshirt. i need to get more informed though.

Old September 4th, 2008 Sep 4, 2008 11:35:02 AM -   #20 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

I agree with Rodney, that is definately a opaque transfer and not dtg. That particular design would look awesome with dtg as you would never see an outline around the image like that. In fact that is a perfect example of what type of design works great for dtg. Hopefully you will get the problem resolved and they will take care of it for you. It sounds like they are making the effort which is good

Old September 4th, 2008 Sep 4, 2008 1:53:06 PM -   #21 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Jamie

I was in touch with Karina today. I fully admitted to her as I will here, we messed up. This image should have been produced with the Digital Direct method. We are of course going to do all that we can to make this right.

@ricoche

We do extensive research and testing to see if our DD shirts have durability and longevity. I know that we can make shirts look fabulous, but the trade off is washing it once and it looks terrible. We constantly go back and forth and question, test, test again, ask our customers, listen to the feedback, wash, rinse and repeat again and again, over and over. We want the highest possible quality not only when you first open the shirt but 50 washes later. We are the leader in quality.

We also have the best customer service.

The Following User Says Thank You to fishonline For This Useful Post:
karinachavez (September 5th, 2008)
Old September 4th, 2008 Sep 4, 2008 2:08:08 PM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Phil

Shirt looks like it has an transfer put on it by the way the edges are. Colors are definitely good. What did spreadshirt charge you for the shirt?

Old September 4th, 2008 Sep 4, 2008 2:57:56 PM -   #23 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
We do extensive research and testing to see if our DD shirts have durability and longevity. I know that we can make shirts look fabulous, but the trade off is washing it once and it looks terrible
Are you saying the DTG (digital direct) process doesn't look good after the first wash? That shouldn't be the case with DTG (although I have read that the machines and process can be tricky)

Old September 4th, 2008 Sep 4, 2008 3:01:08 PM -   #24 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

As long as the proper pretreatment and curing is done, dtg should last great. It sounds like maybe they are having issues with this? I know myself it is a learning process, maybe they are getting mixed results depending on different people doing the process different.

Old September 4th, 2008 Sep 4, 2008 9:55:04 PM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

That looks like an iron press on.

Old September 4th, 2008 Sep 4, 2008 11:18:18 PM -   #26 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I am currently looking at Spreadshirt (and others) for some new designs on darks.

Whether it was a transfer or not, I wouldn't have been happy for this particular shirt to have gone out to one of my customers. Colours are ok, but the rest looks terrible.

It highlights the problem once you take things outside of being 'in house'. Your reputation and product quality, is then totally in the hands of others.

Old September 5th, 2008 Sep 5, 2008 5:07:45 AM -   #27 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Jamie

Rodney,
You misunderstood me. What I am saying is this. It is possible to make DTG shirts look spot on. The trouble is, the better you make the shirt look the more prone it is to wash away. There is a balance between initial looks and longevity. We try our best to have as much of both as possible.
Sunnydayz,
We are not having issues. We settle for nothing less than perfection. See above.
DREAMGLASS,
I too was unhappy about this shirt going out like this. I can personally assure you that everyone in the building is familiar with this order. We learn from our mistakes and promise to push ourselves in the direction of perfection.
Everyone Else,
Yes, this is what we call a digital overlay. An opaque material is sometimes suited for some graphics. As stated before, this was a mistake and we going to make sure that Karina is a satisfied customer.

-Jamie, Spreadshirt

The Following User Says Thank You to fishonline For This Useful Post:
karinachavez (September 5th, 2008)
Old September 5th, 2008 Sep 5, 2008 8:08:53 AM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moffett8
Shirt looks like it has an transfer put on it by the way the edges are. Colors are definitely good. What did spreadshirt charge you for the shirt?
16 to 17 $
im in the process of getting it fixed, im going to go print out the label tomorrow so that i can return the shirt and hopefully get the shirt that i wanted

they've been really understanding and courteous about it.

Old September 5th, 2008 Sep 5, 2008 9:06:52 AM -   #29 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
You misunderstood me. What I am saying is this. It is possible to make DTG shirts look spot on. The trouble is, the better you make the shirt look the more prone it is to wash away. There is a balance between initial looks and longevity.
I thought that's sort of what you meant. I'm still not sure I agree though. I've seen GREAT looking DTG shirts that looked great initially and after several washes.

I agree there's a balance though, and with DTG, it's not always easy to get it right every single time (especially on dark garments).

Old September 9th, 2008 Sep 9, 2008 11:02:33 AM -   #30 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

unfortunately, my brother doesnt want me to return the shirt because he doesnt want a print that is less bright, he said that the print was probably going to end up being about the same size..

i want to order a clown shirt for my self..but im not sure if its worth the money to try to get it right.
im confused.
what should i do?

This is a discussion about Horrible Printing Job that was posted in the SpreadShirt section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in