Spreadshirt print quality is poor - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > SpreadShirt
Discuss the SpreadShirt service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" SpreadShirt forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future SpreadShirt members. Visit SpreadShirt

Spreadshirt print quality is poor

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 12th, 2008 Aug 12, 2008 3:44:11 PM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jana
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Spreadshirt print quality is poor

Hi, acmefactory,

What you are seeing is typcial for this print type technology. DTG also has some drawbacks, including color registry issues. However, the technology produces overall a better quality which is why we are switching.

Thanks for working with our team on this.

Thanks,
Jana

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 12th, 2008 Aug 12, 2008 4:14:01 PM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeggers
What you are seeing is typcial for this print type technology.
So, your saying it was OK?

Old August 13th, 2008 Aug 13, 2008 5:31:36 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hi, acmefactory,

This is a difficult question. For this print technology, the color around the wire is common, and one of the downsides of the technology. Basically, the machine cannot differentiate the lines well enough. The other problems (creasing and jagged cuts) are not. With any technology, there are limitations. This is one of the limitations. Whether that specific one could have been closer, I would have to talk more to the team about it, as they know the exact specs better than me. But it is unlikely with this technology to get all the blue from around the cord.

The challenge with DTG was typcially color registration, streaking, and durability. This has improved greatly over the years, and this is why we are switching to it as our standard method. One problem with DTG is that you have other limitations in the fabrics used, which you don't have with digital transfer overlay. In addition, digital transfer overlay won't streak, or have white spots.

You can see that color registration is a problem with both technologies. DTG is better now, but not perfect. None of the technologies are.

Thanks,
Jana

Old August 13th, 2008 Aug 13, 2008 5:41:03 AM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: stanley

like jana said "we're having challenges". sounds like you are expecting too much from this company at this time. maybe at a later date you can expect more. just explain that to your customers and everything will be love.

Last edited by Rodney; August 13th, 2008 at 07:22 AM.. Reason: removed comments about time spent posting

Old August 13th, 2008 Aug 13, 2008 9:44:33 AM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hi, Staned,

The quote from me is out of context, which causes a big difference in interpretation. You will see in this forum and others that Spreadshirt's quality levels have always been extremely high. It is one of our core values, and our Shop Partners and customers notice. If you give 110% and set expecations for that, when you hit 105% people notice. Our goal is 110%+. We aren't lowering that. Compare our quality with others and we will shine as we have in the past.

The creases and the rough edges are an example of something that should not have passed our Quality Control. This is where we had the challenges and went from the expected 110% to lower. We are actively addressing this.

The second issue that Acme raised is different. This has to do with the print technology. We offer a large variety of print types, each with their own strengths. The challenge is helping Shop Partners and direct customers understand which is best for their situation, which even includes details down to which textile things are printed on. This is where we should help Acme more... in selecting the right print types for his situations.

I spend time on this forum because it is an important way to learn from those that are passionate about this industry. And I have a great team behind me that will get our quality level up over our 110% norm.

Thanks,
Jana

Old August 13th, 2008 Aug 13, 2008 9:58:27 AM -   #21 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,029 Times in 3,228 Posts

Quote:
I spend time on this forum because it is an important way to learn from those that are passionate about this industry.
It is definitely appreciated, Jana

Old August 13th, 2008 Aug 13, 2008 12:11:33 PM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by staned
just explain that to your customers and everything will be love.
I think not. Customers don't want limitations when there are better well known alternatives such as industry standard screen printing. But I'm still going to work with SS to see what develops.

Old August 13th, 2008 Aug 13, 2008 12:55:32 PM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hi, Acmefactory,

Screen printing is an option, but has a very different profile for costs and planning than print-on-demand (POD). Sorry that we did not come to this point earlier. Spreadshirt is a POD company. We don't print anything in advance. It is all based on orders.

Screen printing requires minimums (typically 20-25 shirts or other items) and takes a longer time frame (a few weeks typically to get files set-up and then produced). There are other finer points like number of colors (as compared with digital transfer overlay, digital transfer, digital direct -- which are all typically >256 colors), but that gets into more details. There are many techiques for printing on shirts. They each have their strong points, and their weaknesses. It is based on your situation which ones fit. There are many folks on this forum that can help with that discussion based on your images, your financial backing, your sales channels, your timelines, etc.

Thanks,
Jana

Old August 13th, 2008 Aug 13, 2008 1:02:46 PM -   #24 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Thanked 2,521 Times in 2,239 Posts

Quote:

I spend time on this forum because it is an important way to learn from those that are passionate about this industry. And I have a great team behind me that will get our quality level up over our 110% norm.
Like Rodney, I too appreciate your involvement and insight. There aren't too many companies where upper management (or even an employee for that matter) gets involved in explaining their company to us.

Old August 15th, 2008 Aug 15, 2008 7:15:36 PM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Chip

Thumbs up Re: Spreadshirt print quality is poor

Quote:

Thanks,
Jana
I really appreciate the fact that a CEO of an industry related company joins and participates in the forum. Rodney has done an excellent with the forum. On a side note I just signed up with 1&1.com for my web hosting and will be setting up a spreadshirt shop since it was included with the package I purchased. Spreadshirt is not the main focus of my business but every little bit helps. I look for to working with you.

Old July 19th, 2011 Jul 19, 2011 11:34:40 AM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Laura

I love screen printing and find other types of printing fade. Would I have that same problem if I ordered shirts through SS? (fading)
Alice's Attic

Old July 19th, 2011 Jul 19, 2011 12:01:06 PM -   #27 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Thanked 2,521 Times in 2,239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlicesAttic
I love screen printing and find other types of printing fade. Would I have that same problem if I ordered shirts through SS? (fading)
Depends on which method you choose. Vinyl, no. Digital print yes. I think SS is pretty up front about it on their site in describing the different methods they use.

Old August 2nd, 2011 Aug 2, 2011 11:58:51 AM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Angel
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Does SS use DTG anyway? I thought they only did cad cut....

Old September 15th, 2011 Sep 15, 2011 10:23:35 AM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: drew

If you want them screen printed, have them screen printed. If you want to use DTG, use DTG. You have to understand the limitations of the medium, accept them for what they are, and design and print accordingly.

The Following User Says Thank You to custeez For This Useful Post:
WholesalePrint (September 15th, 2011)
Old March 25th, 2014 Mar 25, 2014 2:26:54 PM -   #30 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

I googled "spreadshirt poor quality" and found this site.

I just ordered a t-shirt and phone cover with my company logo on it from spreadshirt.com. I knew nothing of this company's reputation but took a gamble and ordered from them anyway. After I placed my order, the next day (and still 3 days later), their website is down. I can’t get past the home page.

I received my order a few minutes ago and the quality is indeed awful. Colors are completely off on the t-shirt but are somehow correct on the phone cover. The problem is they sent me a phone cover that is all scuffed up and scratched and looks used. On top of that, my logo is flaking off of it when I touch it.

What a colossal waste of money. Lesson learned and I will never again give this company a single penny.
stevemib likes this.

This is a discussion about Spreadshirt print quality is poor that was posted in the SpreadShirt section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in