received my SS shirts ...hmmm - photos from a recent spreadshirt order - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > SpreadShirt
Discuss the SpreadShirt service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" SpreadShirt forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future SpreadShirt members. Visit SpreadShirt

received my SS shirts ...hmmm - photos from a recent spreadshirt order

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 27th, 2008 Jun 27, 2008 4:26:01 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default received my SS shirts ...hmmm - photos from a recent spreadshirt order

i ordered 11 shirts for a photoshoot this weekend

well....

1 is crooked in the middle.....

1 is 1-tone instead of 2 tone

you can see some white highlights in some of the darker prints...wtf

the olive greenish AA shirt on the site is alot darker in real life.....so not sure if the black graphic will show in the pics now...grrrrr

some of the shirts look like a stencil/spraypaint scheme...... has fuzzy edges/etc..

all my graphics are full scale when i design so theres no issue of scaling.....

so, not sure what to do....... i might take a few pics.... but i'll have to think about it tonight....... maybe i'll just wait to get some cash and just screenprint them next year......hmmmm

i'll contact SS and see whats up...... i'll try to get some pics of the quality up soon...

b

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 27th, 2008 Jun 27, 2008 4:41:05 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Master

Default Re: received my SS shirts ...hmmm

Yikes. Yeah, if you're not happy, definitely contact them and see what they might be willing to do. I'm sure they'll want you to be happy.

Old June 27th, 2008 Jun 27, 2008 4:44:47 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,228 Posts

Can you post some pictures here to show what happened? https://www.t-shirtforums.com/forum-i...on/t11206.html

Which printing process were you using?

Old June 27th, 2008 Jun 27, 2008 6:11:15 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

i'll try to get some pics up tonight.....

i'm still 50/50 so far with SS.....

i'll let the pics speak

Old June 27th, 2008 Jun 27, 2008 7:30:39 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I can't wait to see the pics. I also will be interested in how they handle your issues. keep us up to date please. .... JB

Old June 27th, 2008 Jun 27, 2008 10:21:29 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

not bad

some white fuzziness at the top

great

great

the red is off and the pic isnt straight....(the white portion)...

orangy red
great print...but was supposed to be 2toned

this was supposed to be 2-toned......

this has a weird vertical skew to it....

nice

great

great

bad pic...my fault

nice

nice

hopefully all these pics wont overload...hahaha

i guess all in all...... i'm satisfied with what i received....

might be able to get a replacement for the red/white one..... but i think everything is fine for pics/etc..... just wish the 3 people that checked my stuff would have caught the red/white graphic...... the white oversprayish stuff doesnt bother me as much now...... i understand that there are some limitations/etc to the DTG and my artwork.... so i'll let it be

just had a bad day so dont mind the first post or so...grrrr....

let me know what you think.......

this was also DTG since my graphics are gritty/etc..... i dont have any other options

rodney...that other link you posted...is that for a gallery of images that you keep on file?.... i can upload them to that if you want to keep a record.....

b

Last edited by 237am; June 27th, 2008 at 10:33 PM..

Old June 29th, 2008 Jun 29, 2008 9:30:19 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
rodney...that other link you posted...is that for a gallery of images that you keep on file?.... i can upload them to that if you want to keep a record.....
That link just gives instructions for the preferred method of uploading pictures to your post. It actually attaches the images in your post and creates thumbnails for each graphic.

It just makes it easier to upload when you don't have your own webhost to upload or you don't want to use an image service like imageshack

Like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9166.JPG (350.5 KB, 25 views)

Old June 29th, 2008 Jun 29, 2008 9:33:26 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

To be honest, all of those t-shirt prints look great to me.

As the artist and a person in the "industry", I'm sure you will be 1,000,000 times more critical than your customer will ever be.

Even the ones you said were off are hard to tell what exactly is wrong with them. Maybe it's the angle of the photos.

The one that worries me the most is the one you say is supposed to be two toned. How much contrast were there between the 2 tones?

Can you upload a picture of the one that is supposed to be two toned (a small version of the original graphic)?

Old June 29th, 2008 Jun 29, 2008 10:07:06 AM -   #9 (permalink)
sid
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Neal

It is always best to show your original art against what you received for us to compare. Your concepts look great. The thing is your customers may think a mistake is what you intended if they haven't seen your original.
The most important thing when you outsource besides getting back what you sent them, is consistency. With these outside sources they have to give you the same image back every time. If they don't you will have problems. If the same person isn't running your job all the time it may be different every time you order. Try to stay with a small local shop that knows your art.

Old June 29th, 2008 Jun 29, 2008 7:15:46 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

the text is always grey and the graphics are either black/white/red/green

i guess i could be a little overly detailed on this.......hmmm.... i'm a stickler for details and maybe i'm reading into it too much.....

all the images came from a 5meg photographic that i then tweekd and origianlly scalled to a 12x15 screen then to a 10x10 screen at 300dpi......

also curious if they print white under the black on the dark shirts......hmmm..... i'll relook my images and see if maybe the .gif setting was off or something

b

Old June 30th, 2008 Jun 30, 2008 10:39:00 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Jamie

Default Re: received my SS shirts ...hmmm - photos from a recent spreadshirt order

Hello Brian,

My name is Jamie and I am the Customer Care Team leader at Spreadshirt. Sorry about the late reply.

Before I officially 'talk shop', I would like to say to you as well as all others that customers are number one here. We welcome customers, partners and potential customers and partners to contact us. If we are doing well, we want to hear about it. If we mess up, we REALLY want to hear about it. Communication is so welcome that every chance we get we publish our 800-(381-0815) number.

#1 The graphic was crooked.

As with silk-screening, shirts printed with digital direct must be placed on a 'plate'. Due to all the inherent inconsistencies with clothing, nothing can serve as a definitive guideline to put images dead center. (Now that you have started to really examine shirts, beware… you will find yourself in department stores scratching your head wondering ‘why all these shirts are defective?’
#2 Was two-toned

Right, I checked your order and the graphic was clearly two colors. However, that is looking at it on an electronic screen that is always going to produce better contrast then almost ALL printing. In other words, if you want the tones to be 'close' go ahead and up the contrast. There is no real way of judging this, just keep in mind that a monitor is always going to have more contrast then graphics placed directly onto a cloth shirt. Especially colored shirts, contrast will suffer.

#3 The olive shirt is darker in real life

Everyone has a different monitor and settings. We cannot always have the 'exact' color display. Not to mention, since shirts are dyed, they will vary slightly from one shipment to the next. They may have been the shirts that were in the new dye first, or may have been the last batch before it was changed.

#4 Fuzzy Edges

With DD printing there will be times that the over-spray will 'ghost'. If you find it unacceptable, contact us. I would like to point out what Rodney said, "As the artist and a person in the "industry", I'm sure you will be 1,000,000 times more critical than your customer will ever be." Righty-o man. Keep in mind that this is still a new process to us. We need your feedback, as we do not decide what level is acceptable, our customers do.

And now for some random thoughts...

Sheepsalt… right! Contact us! We want to know what you, the customer are thinking.

Some skewing is always going to happen with digital direct and silk-screening, especially with fitted shirts. Once again, if a customer was unhappy, we will work with them towards a common solution in order to achieve customer satisfaction.
Thank you for all of your posts. Brian, please feel free to contact me personally. I would have already called you but you did not include your number with your order. (We don’t sell, lend, tell, lease, trade… yadda, yadda, your number to anyone for any reason)

Last edited by Rodney; June 30th, 2008 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: removed some sales/marketing/self promotional stuff

Old June 30th, 2008 Jun 30, 2008 12:39:40 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Default Re: received my SS shirts ...hmmm - photos from a recent spreadshirt order

thanks for following up...

i decided that i might have over reacted in the first place and rethought all the factors...

i didnt call SS today because i just took it as is..... after reviewing everything, i figured i would just let this one pass and give SS the benefit of the doubt

i just took pics and left it as that..... no hard feelings...

Old June 30th, 2008 Jun 30, 2008 1:53:41 PM -   #13 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Jamie

Awesome, please call us if you need assistance or if you are ever unhappy. -Jamie

Old September 1st, 2008 Sep 1, 2008 12:39:19 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Wow! Newbie here but have been doing lots of research on which fullfillment companies are the best and the level of support I've seen from SpreadShirt is hands down the best.

I've even seen a post with CEO of SpreadShirt replying. Can't wait to get the website up and running.

Best Regards To All -

Old September 10th, 2008 Sep 10, 2008 1:42:52 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

yeah, they are good people......

b

This is a discussion about received my SS shirts ...hmmm - photos from a recent spreadshirt order that was posted in the SpreadShirt section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in