I've made over $7000 with Spreadshirt this year - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > SpreadShirt
Discuss the SpreadShirt service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" SpreadShirt forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future SpreadShirt members. Visit SpreadShirt

I've made over $7000 with Spreadshirt this year

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 12th, 2009 Feb 12, 2009 11:48:51 AM -   #46 (permalink)
lili1026

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Default Re: I've made over $7000 with Spreadshirt this year

[quote=revolutionrags;292180]I don't believe it one bit. First off, the original poster has 1 post, just recently joined the forums, and the screenname is spreadshirt gal. It's definitely an ad for Spreadshirt, I think it's spam and not legit. Besides the style of writing sounds an awful lot like some of the bots you see in chat rooms or the "hey I just got a 500 dollar Macy's giftcard" comments on Myspace[/quote]

Sorry to say but that was exactly the first thought that ran through my mind when I read that post.:D

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 1st, 2009 May 1, 2009 12:22:23 AM -   #47 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Saad
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

to OP if you don't post a website, how do you sell it... whose to say the person who goes there won't steal your style???

Old June 23rd, 2009 Jun 23, 2009 7:28:16 PM -   #48 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: BK Rebel

But what if the line that Miley uses in her song was used in another song by someone else before her? Or it was used in a poem before she used it in her song? etc, etc. Most new creations are inspired by others previous work. When I create something new I always do my research, the more similar inspiration I find out there, they better it is for future possible legal reference....I don't think Miley wants to be accused of plagiarism

Old June 23rd, 2009 Jun 23, 2009 8:19:33 PM -   #49 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Girlzndollz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklyn Rebel
But what if the line that Miley uses in her song was used in another song by someone else before her? Or it was used in a poem before she used it in her song? I don't think Miley wants to be accused of plagiarism
Miley Cyrus is Disney's girl (Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus). You know what they say about the "deepest pockets"?

But honestly, without a basis for that statement regarding Miley and her plagerising... it really doesn't make any sense to go there. In this thread, the OP stated they are using Miley's very popular song to sell shirts. The OP stated that Miley is the owner of the line they are profiting from. Where does questioning Miley come into this situation? I don't see it.

Old March 25th, 2010 Mar 25, 2010 4:34:02 PM -   #50 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I hope to make money also!

Last edited by Girlzndollz; March 31st, 2010 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: Please use design review section of forum for design reviews/feedback, ty. =)

Old April 9th, 2010 Apr 9, 2010 11:20:26 PM -   #51 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlzndollz
The words are copyrighted.

Here is information from the trademark website:

What is a trademark or service mark?
  • A trademark is a word, phrase, symbol or design, or a combination of words, phrases, symbols or designs, that identifies and distinguishes the source of the goods of one party from those of others.
  • A service mark is the same as a trademark, except that it identifies and distinguishes the source of a service rather than a product. Throughout this booklet, the terms "trademark" and "mark" refer to both trademarks and service marks.
Do Trademarks, Copyrights and Patents protect the same things?

No. Trademarks, copyrights and patents all differ. A copyright protects an original artistic or literary work; a patent protects an invention.

*Here is a link to the trademark website for anyone who wants to read more on trademarks. The link is in the lower left corner of the forum.

Basic Facts, Trademarks

Nike's trademark is the swish. Words can be trademarked if they are shown to be known to the public to stand for the brand. Examples are: Nike = Just do it; KFC= Finger lickin' good. For Absolut Vodka, the word and font of Absolut are trademarked.

What you are suggesting to Barbara is that "Miley" is trademarked, but burying "Miley" in a sentence where it is not dominant, it may be allowable and possibly trademarked by Barbara.

That would be the same as saying "Nike" is trademarked, but by burying "Nike" in a sentence where it is not dominant, it may be allowable and possibly trademarked.

Do you understand how that cannot be?
Nike http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nike_(mythology)...I don't know, just a thought on how it "could be". But their (Nike's) pockets could run a small business under in legal fees, so it is probably best to avoid.

Old August 3rd, 2010 Aug 3, 2010 5:54:50 AM -   #52 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Well my son has an account with spreadshirt for 2 months had 562 hits & NO sales!!! so I KNOW THAT POSTING IS A SCAM!!! Secondly, you try to call their customer service with any concerns THEY KNOW NOTHING unless your a premium customer (which cost money) and their is NO guarantee you will still obtain a sale. I even made a purchase on the site it showed NO sales on my son account....hmmm

Old August 3rd, 2010 Aug 3, 2010 11:47:58 AM -   #53 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,228 Posts

Quote:
Well my son has an account with spreadshirt for 2 months had 562 hits & NO sales!!! so I KNOW THAT POSTING IS A SCAM!
That doesn't really add up. Just because your son had a spreadshirt shop open for 2 months and 562 hits doesn't mean he should have made any sales.

There's a lot more to getting sales than having a shop open for 2 months and having a few hundred "hits"

Quote:
and their is NO guarantee you will still obtain a sale
Where is there ever a guarantee in business that you'll get a sale? It takes a lot of work to run a successful business.

Even online when another company is doing a lot of the work for you (store setup, printing, shipping, ecommerce) there's still a lot of work that you would need to do to get sales and customers.

This is a discussion about I've made over $7000 with Spreadshirt this year that was posted in the SpreadShirt section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in