leftframe buttons on site change iframe in centre page - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > SpreadShirt
Discuss the SpreadShirt service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" SpreadShirt forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future SpreadShirt members. Visit SpreadShirt

leftframe buttons on site change iframe in centre page

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 19th, 2008 Jan 19, 2008 1:19:59 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up leftframe buttons on site change iframe in centre page

On my own domain -
frame on the left side, frame in the centre, in centre frame I use iframes to have my spreadshirt shop. In the frame on the left side I'm putting in some flash buttons, when the user comes to my site they will click these and I want the frame in the middle with my spreadshirt shop working with iframes to show the page on spreadshirt that I want, ie the category I want. So left hand frame buttons change content page in iframes that is in the frame in the centre.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 20th, 2008 Jan 20, 2008 8:44:23 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Chris

Default Re: leftframe buttons on site change iframe in centre page

<iframe name="create iframe name" src="insert your Spreadshirt address here.html" width="XXXXX" height="XXXXX" frameborder="no"> </iframe>
Use that code for the iframe, name your iframe where it says to do so, then insert your Spreadshirt address where it says, finally decide on a width and a height in pixels. (example: width="800px height=1000px)

<a href="link.htm" target="theiframe">LINK NAME</a>
Use that for the buttons. I'm not sure how it will work work flash buttons though. Make sure the iframe name, and the target are exactly the same.

Sorry if thats confusing, it confused me at first too. But if you want to see how it works go to thecrosspointstore.net the links labeled "Guy's Clothing | Accessories | Shoes | Girl's Clothing" are in an iframe, they load in the iframe below them. I'm not sure how to link using flash, but it works perfectly using text. Hope I helped.

Last edited by Rodney; January 23rd, 2008 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: delinked URL

Old January 20th, 2008 Jan 20, 2008 11:29:23 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

Please could you give me those two pices of code with say an example of what you put in for your own site, that way I can see the changes, its then easy for me to see what to put where, as I can compare the examples, the ones you have above, and an example from one you have changed putting your site stuff in.

Old January 21st, 2008 Jan 21, 2008 12:05:20 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Temple

Hi Amen,
I do not have IFrames coded for a shop, so I can not give you an example, but I can tell you where to place the code.

You would put the first piece of code where you want the shop to appear on your website, so you would code your website and in the area you want your shop to open, then you would place that code.

The second code is for the links, like Designs, Men's, etc. You would put this in your left navigation you are making, so when the customer clicks on the Men's category, then the link to your Men's clothes would open in the area you coded in the first part of the code.

Thanks,
Temple

Old January 21st, 2008 Jan 21, 2008 7:17:44 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

yes I know that temple, I want an example of the bits he altered to stick his details in.

Old January 26th, 2008 Jan 26, 2008 11:03:36 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen-Ra
Please could you give me those two pices of code with say an example of what you put in for your own site, that way I can see the changes, its then easy for me to see what to put where, as I can compare the examples, the ones you have above, and an example from one you have changed putting your site stuff in.
Ok. Here*are the exact codes that I use on my site...

This is the code I use for the links.
<a href="http://tcps.spreadshirt.com/us/US/Shop/Index/Index/category/11673" target="theiframe">Guy's Clothing</a>

<a href="http://tcps.spreadshirt.com/us/US/Shop/Index/Index/category/11676" target="theiframe">Accessories</a>

<a href="http://tcps.spreadshirt.com/us/US/Shop/Index/Index/category/11675" target="theiframe">Shoes</a>

<a href="http://tcps.spreadshirt.com/us/US/Shop/Index/Index/category/11674" target="theiframe">Girl's Clothing</a>

Here is the code for the IFRAME.
<iframe name="theiframe" src="http://thecrosspointstore.net/choose/" width="900" height="600" frameborder="3px">

I hope this helps.
If you need more help just ask... This HTML stuff can be confusing.

.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, "Lucida Grande", Arial, Helvetica, "Lucida Grande"; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, "Lucida Grande", Arial, Helvetica, "Lucida Grande"; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }

Old January 26th, 2008 Jan 26, 2008 11:05:46 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Don't mind the coding at the bottom of my post. I have no idea why it's there, but I can't remove it.

This is a discussion about leftframe buttons on site change iframe in centre page that was posted in the SpreadShirt section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in