Anybody done any experimenting with a SpreadShirt store? - Page 7 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > SpreadShirt
Discuss the SpreadShirt service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" SpreadShirt forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future SpreadShirt members. Visit SpreadShirt

Anybody done any experimenting with a SpreadShirt store?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 19th, 2006 Oct 19, 2006 1:02:34 PM -   #91 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Anybody done any experimenting with a SpreadShirt store?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGuide
I have heard conflicting statements and am looking for some clarification. For people that create their own transfers or screen prints, can they use SpreadShirt's software to get the design done and then print / produce the item themselves? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
i would think so.

...but i'm curious to know too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 19th, 2006 Oct 19, 2006 3:21:18 PM -   #92 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

I sent a PM to an individual that has a website through Spreadshirt and they said all the production is automatically done by Spreadshirt (or one of its affiliated print shops). It would definitely be nice if they would allow you the option to produce the item as well. Oh well.

Old October 23rd, 2006 Oct 23, 2006 10:04:55 AM -   #93 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: James

O.K. I guess I'm going to stick my neck out on this one. But, I finally got somewhat of my store up and running here. Please be gentle.

Trying to get the hang of laying it out. I know I can add some html/css elements to it (still hoping for templates). It's on basic account now but hopefully soon (as financial situtations allow it) I'll go premium.

Old October 27th, 2006 Oct 27, 2006 8:55:29 PM -   #94 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGuide
I have heard conflicting statements and am looking for some clarification. For people that create their own transfers or screen prints, can they use SpreadShirt's software to get the design done and then print / produce the item themselves? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
I'm not clear on whether this is a copyright question, a designing question, or a production question.

Spreadshirt's software is for you to submit your own designs so that they can be placed on top of product thumbnails. These are then displayed in your shop. You cannot create designs from them unless you use their "duty free" designs. Most of those are clip art or dingbats of some kind so you might be able to find them somewhere or re-produce them yourself. Spreadshirt's CONFOMAT is not design software.

Once your design is on there, if a person orders, the order goes straight to Spreadshirt and their printers. I believe you may also be asking if you can get the order re-directed to another shop of your choice, or your own. Not possible.

What some people have done is they use shopping cart software like mal's ecommerce to set up their carts. They will produce all thumbnails using Spreadshirt's software and source the .gif's and product data from there. In this situation, you can have all your thumbnails on your front page, when a person purchases from your cart you can either get it printed yourself (or send them something from your inventory if you have it), or make an order through your Spreadshirt cart and have it sent directly to your customer.

That is the method I will use as some multi-colored designs are easier to print in bulk, sell online with my own cart, and sell the excess inventory at local events.

Old October 27th, 2006 Oct 27, 2006 10:09:59 PM -   #95 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

This is my first post !

Here's my Spreadshirt hosted shop:

www.eclipse-designs.us

It's still new, and I've only been working on it for about a month now. I've only sold two tees up to now which were the ones I bought with MY own money...

I chose Spreadshirt over CafePress or the other t-shirt printing companies since they offered plot printing which is ALOT better quality imo than the usual digital printing .

Last edited by eclipse-designs; October 27th, 2006 at 10:21 PM..

Old November 29th, 2006 Nov 29, 2006 7:37:36 PM -   #96 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferverwear
Go ahead...It's not the sort of line that ferverwear would use so I hope it can help you get your business into the black. Bwhahahaha.
it has Ferverwear, thanks again. Bwahahahaha.

Old December 1st, 2006 Dec 1, 2006 1:45:51 PM -   #97 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

hey, guys!

well, i now have my second SS shop and i hope it is going to be MUCH more succesful than my first! LOL!

i can now enthusiastically say that anyone who is wondering about SS, DON'T be afraid! the few folks who ordered shirts from my first shop LOVE their shirts! and i ordered 6 shirts from my new shop and the quality is great!

now getting original designs approved, well, that's another thing. but i'm working on that.

my new shop is koolkidstees.com

i'm getting excellent response from people re: the site, the stuff on the site, and the samples i've shown folks. so i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

after 2 SS shops, my web designer is now pretty familiar with how to work the SS shop design. whew! getting the sorting and left menu thing to work right is a challenge, but it can work.

well, just thought i'd update you guys now that i have my second shop!

thanks!

veggie

Last edited by Rodney; December 1st, 2006 at 03:18 PM..

Old December 1st, 2006 Dec 1, 2006 1:54:57 PM -   #98 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Marc

I might give them a try too.

Old December 9th, 2006 Dec 9, 2006 7:23:15 AM -   #99 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Hello
I have had a strange experience with Spreadshirt - I cannot seem to get a password delivered to my inbox. I mean, I registered about 2 or 3 months ago and it never arrived. Just today, I went back there again and tried to register, was told that I was already registered, so asked for a new password - it hasn't come yet either, after 4 hours. Anybody else experience this? It isn't caught in a spam filter, I checked, and I do a lot of similar things by web and have not had a problem, including having a site at Cafe Press which is working well. Wanted to expand, curious about this problem.

Old December 9th, 2006 Dec 9, 2006 7:29:46 AM -   #100 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: David
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegbyrd
hey, guys!

well, i now have my second SS shop and i hope it is going to be MUCH more succesful than my first! LOL!

i can now enthusiastically say that anyone who is wondering about SS, DON'T be afraid! the few folks who ordered shirts from my first shop LOVE their shirts! and i ordered 6 shirts from my new shop and the quality is great!

now getting original designs approved, well, that's another thing. but i'm working on that.

my new shop is koolkidstees.com

i'm getting excellent response from people re: the site, the stuff on the site, and the samples i've shown folks. so i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

after 2 SS shops, my web designer is now pretty familiar with how to work the SS shop design. whew! getting the sorting and left menu thing to work right is a challenge, but it can work.

well, just thought i'd update you guys now that i have my second shop!

thanks!

veggie
I have never even looked at SS. How are the sites designed? You mentioned your web designer...is it something easy enough for anyone to accomplish? Is there a design tool or software they use? I am just curious.

Old December 10th, 2006 Dec 10, 2006 3:58:50 AM -   #101 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiBri
Hello
I have had a strange experience with Spreadshirt - I cannot seem to get a password delivered to my inbox. I mean, I registered about 2 or 3 months ago and it never arrived. Just today, I went back there again and tried to register, was told that I was already registered, so asked for a new password - it hasn't come yet either, after 4 hours. Anybody else experience this? It isn't caught in a spam filter, I checked, and I do a lot of similar things by web and have not had a problem, including having a site at Cafe Press which is working well. Wanted to expand, curious about this problem.
sometimes they have problems with their systems, but usually they are very good about trying to fix things. plus, if you do anything on the weekends, you might have to wait until a weekday to get a response.

look on the site and see if you can find the customer service number. you can talk to a live person.

good luck!!

veggie

Old December 10th, 2006 Dec 10, 2006 4:12:36 AM -   #102 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoskinGraphix
I have never even looked at SS. How are the sites designed? You mentioned your web designer...is it something easy enough for anyone to accomplish? Is there a design tool or software they use? I am just curious.
hey, david!

they give you the shop and it's pretty basic. i hired a graphic artist to design something for a t-shirt for the first shop and then i got the idea to use it for the shop header. my web designer figured out how to use that design for the header. whew! there are size limitations if you are going to use their shop and not your own website as some of the forum members have done. i will probably do that eventually, but for now i'm okay using their shop.

okay, i indicate that i want a shop. it's free. they approve me and i start designing shirts. they have a lot of styles and colors (except in kids' sizes), so it's kind of fun. limited font options, though. the design system is easy to use, but it took me a while before i started using their stock designs/embellishments. but i'm glad i started. if you can attach a cool slogan to them, they can be used successfully. i hope they increase their options. i mean, i'm looking for a cow, but they don't have a cow! LOL!

then my web designer spruced up the shop. i tell her the basic colors i like and she works on them. and then i change them if i need to. after i sent her some info from other SSers, she figured out how to do the left menu. the sorting system is kind of specific, so it can be a bit troublesome. i think you have to know html in order to do it successfully. (if you want my web designer to spruce up your shop, let me know and i'll give her your info. she's VERY reasonable and she already knows how to do it so she may save you some headaches.)

for the second shop, i asked my graphic designer to design a header specifically for the shop. we had a little trouble getting the size right, but it finally worked. everything else, i think, is already there. i've purchased some shirts myself and so have a few other people and that system works well. i can't price the shirts in a way i could if i had them printed, but i don't have to worry about the packaging, the shipping, the shopping cart, etc. so it kind of works out.

you can use original designs, BUT the design approval system is VERY TOUGH! i FINALLY got a design approved! YIPPEE!!! but i was thinking it wouldn't happen. so you need to have patience. since they print-on-demand, they need to be sure they can print the design easily, i guess. it can take several tries and several days. there are guidelines on the site and then you keep your fingers crossed. there are size and color limitations. and submitting a slogan as a design is the only way to use fonts other than what they have in their design system.

well, i hope i've answered all of your questions. if not, let me know and i'll give it another try.

good luck! SS is indeed a good company! even with the limitations, i'm more than happy with the quality of the printing and the shirts and that was VERY important to me!

veggie

Old December 11th, 2006 Dec 11, 2006 5:51:03 AM -   #103 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Thanks for the tip, veggie! I'll give them a call today.
scifibri

Old December 28th, 2006 Dec 28, 2006 6:31:38 AM -   #104 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

I will say this. We tried Spreadshirt to start off with and quickly stopped using them once we received the product.

We tried the digital transfers with our logo and before we even tried it on we were done using them. You could clearly see the differenece between where they cut around the transfer and the shirt (white shirts), the image stretched and was ruined the first time we tried them on, the shirt sizes were way off (ladies was very cheap looking shirt that was pretty much see through and ran very very small), and the design on the shirt was about 2 inches lower than where it was on our actually design. If I had been a customer and orderd that from a store, I would be upset and probably never wear it and never order from there again

The vector prints may be better but we could never get them to accept any of our vector designs so we couldn't find out.

All in all, for what they offer, it seems like a good site if you are just wanting to get a little something going with very little effort on your part. Printmojo seems pretty good if you have the money to deal with that but they have a 25 piece minimum per design so it can get a little pricey if you have a lot of designs.

Maybe we just got a bad product but I was not willing to invest all that time in a store and possibly deliver bad products.

Old March 8th, 2007 Mar 8, 2007 2:51:01 PM -   #105 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

I came across this link to what I think you call a blog?? from someone with a spreadshirt store

Beau Bo D’Or » 2006 » September

This is a discussion about Anybody done any experimenting with a SpreadShirt store? that was posted in the SpreadShirt section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in