Anybody done any experimenting with a SpreadShirt store? - Page 6 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > SpreadShirt
Discuss the SpreadShirt service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" SpreadShirt forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future SpreadShirt members. Visit SpreadShirt

Anybody done any experimenting with a SpreadShirt store?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 17th, 2006 Aug 17, 2006 12:26:54 PM -   #76 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Anybody done any experimenting with a SpreadShirt store?

I have been very pleased with my spreadshirt store and with the service and quality of the products so far.
www.ferverwear.com takes you right to the spreadshirt store.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 23rd, 2006 Aug 23, 2006 5:49:56 PM -   #77 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferverwear
I have been very pleased with my spreadshirt store and with the service and quality of the products so far.
www.ferverwear.com takes you right to the spreadshirt store.
FerverWear,

Great site. How do you get your domain name to stay the same (whithout showing Spreadshirt info)??

Thanks

Old August 24th, 2006 Aug 24, 2006 3:39:15 PM -   #78 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero1niner
FerverWear,

Great site. How do you get your domain name to stay the same (whithout showing Spreadshirt info)??

Thanks
This was not very hard at all. I bought my domain name (www.ferverwear.com) from Yahoo for $1.99 for a year. When you get that done (it takes roughly 48 hours) you are ready to proceed. Go to the Yahoo homepage and click on Samll Business (this is under the "more yahoo" option on the far left side) and sign in. (If you have not bought the domain name yet you can do this here as well). After signing in you will see the option to click on the "Domain Control Panal." Click on this and you will see an option for "Domain Forwarding." This is what you want. When you select Domain Forwarding you will be able to put in the address to your spreadshirt store so when people click on www.yourdomain.com then it will automaticaly take them to your store. One more thing you want to do is make sure that when you set up the forwarding that you check the box that says "Mask or masked forwarding". This keeps www.yourdomain.com as the only address in the browser line instead of showing the actual http of you spreadshirt store. The cool thing about this is that I only spent $1.99 for the domain name and that is it. I've sold three shirts already so that means my business is in the black. Bwahahahaha. Talk about low risk. Well good luck and I hope this helps you out.

Old August 24th, 2006 Aug 24, 2006 4:01:58 PM -   #79 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
sold three shirts already so that means my business is in the black. Bwahahahaha.
Bwahahahahahaha that is so funny.

Can I use that line? I would like to make a t-shirt out of it and wear it to the Film Festival here in town in Sept.

Old August 24th, 2006 Aug 24, 2006 4:50:50 PM -   #80 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-BOT
Bwahahahahahaha that is so funny.

Can I use that line? I would like to make a t-shirt out of it and wear it to the Film Festival here in town in Sept.

Go ahead...It's not the sort of line that ferverwear would use so I hope it can help you get your business into the black. Bwhahahaha.

Old August 24th, 2006 Aug 24, 2006 4:53:30 PM -   #81 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Bwhahahaha.

You know, it is the Toronto Film Festival, no small potatoes.... Bwhahahaha.

I will put Spreadshirt on it though. Maybe off to the side or something.

thanks.

Old August 24th, 2006 Aug 24, 2006 8:42:03 PM -   #82 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Go ahead...It's not the sort of line that ferverwear would use so I hope it can help you get your business into the black. Bwhahahaha.
Bwhahahaha...yeah..thats some pretty funny stuff there. Me likey.

Feverwear, thanks for the explanation. Great info.

Old August 26th, 2006 Aug 26, 2006 4:10:11 PM -   #83 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

I have been playing around I like How I can Integrate it directly to my Own Website. Here it is. gethsemenerose.com/archives/dogtees/gnomesrust.htm

Last edited by Rodney; August 28th, 2006 at 11:44 AM..

Old October 4th, 2006 Oct 4, 2006 12:46:46 PM -   #84 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

can anyone tell me how to get the grid-type display of the shirts? i like what i have, but you have to go through all 5 (so far) pages of shirts to see everything.

the basic shop is set up and i upgraded to premium. but i don't know how to utilize all of the features. the good thing: someone can actually buy some shirts, i think!

i'm moving forward bit by bit.

veggie

Last edited by vegbyrd; October 4th, 2006 at 01:26 PM..

Old October 4th, 2006 Oct 4, 2006 12:51:48 PM -   #85 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMunkee
Here's mine...

http://www.smartmunkee.com

It's been very popular and was recently selected from 60,000 shop partners to be one of fifteen Shop Examples published on Spreadshirt's site.

If you put the effort in the rewards can be reaped.

SmartMunkee
wow! smartmunkee, did you do this all with a spreadshirt premium shop? if so, wow! and how did you do it?

veggie

Old October 4th, 2006 Oct 4, 2006 12:55:23 PM -   #86 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryred
Hello - I like the smartmunkee. I've got a spreadshirt shop too:

www.diddyshade.co.uk
http://www.spreadshirt.net/shop.php?sid=68151

I was going to ask about formatting the spreadshirt page - headers and footers aside, I wondering about putting some more navigation/content to the left of the store. Has anyone done this yet?
wow! angryred, your site is great, too!

well, it looks like i've got a LOT to learn. LOL!!

veggie

Old October 7th, 2006 Oct 7, 2006 7:46:21 PM -   #87 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by astphotos
Maybe I'm missing it and I'm waiting to hear back from Spreadshirt, but can you edit a product you've put on your site? I wanted to put a logo after the fact, and played with my product lineup at first. I can't seem to edit. I really really hope they don't expect me to delete dozens of products and redo them. If so, it's my fault for assuming I could edit, but that just seemed pretty reasonable. Am I missing it?
last week, i wrote and asked if you could edit the products after designing them and i was told that they didn't have that capability yet.

i know! it is kind of weird that you have to start from scratch again. but at least i found out that i didn't have to start from scratch if i wanted to switch a style of shirt and/or the color. whew!

Old October 8th, 2006 Oct 8, 2006 3:24:28 AM -   #88 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
thanks for the Slogan Dr. Froth,

"sold 3 shirts, my Biz is in the black" bwahahaha. spreadshirt.com

it was a hit.

Old October 11th, 2006 Oct 11, 2006 7:06:15 PM -   #89 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

SS is great.. I didn't really try the other places, but I was instantly pleased with how well the SS backend can be blended into yor site

www.freewaybuddy.com

the first page is on my own server with my own thumbnails and buttons aimed at SS locations.

If you click on a design, the website changes to a complete SS template. It is identical to what I created. The only drawback is that within the SS template, you cannot use javascript, php includes, embed flash, etc. Even all of the images you call out through the image source tag must be downloaded into your alotted 150kb quota (this is only for buttons and banners.. all thumbs on the Spreadshop are sourced by spreadshirt themselves).

I would like to have a full flash experience similar to www.chidochido.com as that style is where my design background comes from. The good thing is that the Spreadshirt shop can be stripped down, and you can modify it with CSS to have a transparent background thus making it easy to place it over other graphics, or in a flash loader (need to test this first).

I also want to have my own specific coupon codes for my field marketing team so I can track their success and compensate them accordingly.

Old October 19th, 2006 Oct 19, 2006 12:24:13 PM -   #90 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

I have heard conflicting statements and am looking for some clarification. For people that create their own transfers or screen prints, can they use SpreadShirt's software to get the design done and then print / produce the item themselves? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

This is a discussion about Anybody done any experimenting with a SpreadShirt store? that was posted in the SpreadShirt section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in