Anybody done any experimenting with a SpreadShirt store? - Page 5 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > SpreadShirt
Discuss the SpreadShirt service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" SpreadShirt forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future SpreadShirt members. Visit SpreadShirt

Anybody done any experimenting with a SpreadShirt store?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 14th, 2005 Sep 14, 2005 7:42:32 AM -   #61 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Anybody done any experimenting with a SpreadShirt store?

Yeah... the thread has been removed.

[edit: no company bashing allowed please]

Last edited by Rodney; October 3rd, 2005 at 10:22 AM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 14th, 2005 Sep 14, 2005 1:54:01 PM -   #62 (permalink)
Be nice, this is my first post :)

I have recently set up a store and i must say this site is really awsome. I have already uploaded some designs. I only have one question, what is the difference between flock and flex printing. I know the site says that flex is shiny and whatnot and flock is soft, but which type of printing is normally used on everyday shirts? is flex printing the kind of thing u see on team jeerze #, that kind of shiny stuff?. I'd just like to know which one is more commonly used before i make any products.

Old September 14th, 2005 Sep 14, 2005 4:58:04 PM -   #63 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: SmartMunkee

Hi YankeeJim,

Let me shed some light on your question regarding Flock and Flex...

Flock is a textured medium, almost felt-like to touch. It sits slightly raised from the shirt. If youve ever seen Flock wallpaper youll know what I mean. It has a nice effect on certain designs and is a little more unique than common print mediums. It is suited to less complex designs with few colors.

Flex is a little more like conventional T-shirt print mediums. It is a thin slightly rubbery flexible medium. Suits most designs but again you are limited to a certain range of colors and have to ensure the design isnt too intricate. This is because in both flock and flex they are cut from a sheet and glued to the shirt.
There is one more medium you can choose - Offset Printing - but it requires between three to four weeks to setup and incurs a setup fee. I havent personally seen this type of shirt first hand but it allows for more intricate designs with many colors.

I dont mention Digital Transfers here because I personally feel they are too poor in quality. If you want customers to buy lasting quality T's avoid this print method. It's cheap and nasty. My store consists of mainly Flock but I am incorporating more Flex now.

Hope this helps.
SmartMunkee
http://www.smartmunkee.com

Last edited by SmartMunkee; September 14th, 2005 at 05:24 PM..

Old September 14th, 2005 Sep 14, 2005 5:07:37 PM -   #64 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinge
Yeah... the thread he was banned in was deleted as well. Basically he was using stolen copyrighted images - such as the Calvin and Hobbes mousepads he's selling (plural now; wasn't it only 1 before?)
Ahhhh, I see - thanks for clarifying that Twinge. Shame really - BlueFish was quite a useful dude when it came to stats and hints.

[edit: no company bashing allowed please]

SmartMunkee

Last edited by Rodney; October 3rd, 2005 at 10:23 AM..

Old September 14th, 2005 Sep 14, 2005 5:54:51 PM -   #65 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMunkee
This is because in both flock and flex they are cut from a sheet and glued to the shirt.
Not exactly glued; pressed into the shirt with a combination of heat and pressure.

Quote:
I dont mention Digital Transfers here because I personally feel they are too poor in quality. If you want customers to buy lasting quality T's avoid this print method. It's cheap and nasty.
As I've said a few times, it all depends on materials. And really, I even have some old iron-on transfered shirts I did for myself a few years back that outlasted some store-bought shirts (and heat transfer done right will definately be better than that iron-on)... so the quality really isn't too bad.

As far as spreadshirt goes specifically, though, I don't know. Its possible they are using sub-par materials and make a mediocre product.

Old September 15th, 2005 Sep 15, 2005 5:24:38 AM -   #66 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Not exactly glued; pressed into the shirt with a combination of heat and pressure.
Was trying not to get too technical

Quote:
I even have some old iron-on transfered shirts I did for myself a few years back that outlasted some store-bought shirts (and heat transfer done right will definately be better than that iron-on)... so the quality really isn't too bad.

As far as spreadshirt goes specifically, though, I don't know. Its possible they are using sub-par materials and make a mediocre product.
Have to agree with you that it is down to the quality of the materials. I was quoting from my own personal experiences. I have never particularly seen a digital transfer T that I like, not just Spreadshirt's. Most have faded quickly, some have even cracked. Some really poor methods even show print banding where the printer has not been correctly configured. Sometimes it's purely down to the washing machine settings. I just rather avoid the situation. It's exciting watching shirts sell. It's disheartening when they get returned or negative feedback. I simply prefer to limit the chances by sticking with methods that I've had few problems with.

Again - I stress, these are my own personal experiences. I'm sure others will disagree.

When using a third party to print and distribute your shirts the best advice I can give is always obtain/order a sample of your product so you can test the item before selling it to the unsuspecting public. Check it's alignment, it's adhesion to the shirt, that all regions are present and correct, wear it for a while, and finally, wash and iron it a few times.

Finally, I just want to end by saying to those who are interested in using Spreadshirt that so far I am very happy with the service they have provided. Not everything goes according to plan, but when it doesnt they have always been helpful and professional. In one particular case where I found that a particular T-shirt range appeared to be unsatisfactory for printing upon, they immediately initiated an investigation which resulted in the range being discontinued and substituted for another! Proof that they listen to the customers.

Happy T-printing
SmartMunkee

Old September 23rd, 2005 Sep 23, 2005 3:42:27 PM -   #67 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Maybe I'm missing it and I'm waiting to hear back from Spreadshirt, but can you edit a product you've put on your site? I wanted to put a logo after the fact, and played with my product lineup at first. I can't seem to edit. I really really hope they don't expect me to delete dozens of products and redo them. If so, it's my fault for assuming I could edit, but that just seemed pretty reasonable. Am I missing it?

Old September 24th, 2005 Sep 24, 2005 9:04:49 AM -   #68 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by astphotos
Maybe I'm missing it and I'm waiting to hear back from Spreadshirt, but can you edit a product you've put on your site? I wanted to put a logo after the fact, and played with my product lineup at first. I can't seem to edit. I really really hope they don't expect me to delete dozens of products and redo them. If so, it's my fault for assuming I could edit, but that just seemed pretty reasonable. Am I missing it?
Dont think you can edit them. I've not found a way. Wished you could though. I have two established shops now and they are full of products so trying to administer and amend them is a long process. If Spreadshop come back with anything could you let me know too :-)

SmartMunkee

www.smartmunkee.com

Old September 24th, 2005 Sep 24, 2005 12:43:49 PM -   #69 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

I really hope so too. That would be terrible if a person needs to start over just to edit something. I'm very new to Spreadshirt's interface and wanted to give it a try. I basically live at Cafepress Rodney can attest since I'm also a mod there. I really like Spreadshirts flash designer interface though it'd be nice to have a 'center' button instead of doing it by eye, but still, very nice interface.

I'll definitely post here when I get a reply from them

My store is http://www.astphotos.com/store and uses CPShop with Cafepress.

Old September 26th, 2005 Sep 26, 2005 12:30:14 AM -   #70 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Hey Smartmunkee, i don't tsee the spreadshirt logo on your site how come, i thought you had to have their logo on your homepage?

Old September 26th, 2005 Sep 26, 2005 1:31:42 AM -   #71 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Hey Smartmunkee, i don't tsee the spreadshirt logo on your site how come, i thought you had to have their logo on your homepage?
You can pay for a Super Premium Shop and have the logo removed. But probably the best thing about the Super Premium Shop is that you can upload unlimited vector designs for shop inclusion. You would normally have to upload three and wait for a certain amount of sales before uploading more. This didnt suit my requirments. I had a bunch of designs already in existence and needed to establish the shop quickly.

Most people seem to exist on the free shop though so you have to weigh up the benefits.

SmartMunkee

Old September 26th, 2005 Sep 26, 2005 1:42:16 AM -   #72 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by astphotos
I really hope so too. That would be terrible if a person needs to start over just to edit something. I'm very new to Spreadshirt's interface and wanted to give it a try. I basically live at Cafepress Rodney can attest since I'm also a mod there. I really like Spreadshirts flash designer interface though it'd be nice to have a 'center' button instead of doing it by eye, but still, very nice interface.

I'll definitely post here when I get a reply from them

My store is http://www.astphotos.com/store and uses CPShop with Cafepress.
Yeah - I hope they provide the edit shirt facility too.

Out of interest, what do you mean by a 'center' button in the designer. If you mean a button that centers the design on the shirt there is one there - it centers the design horizontally only but that is the most important for shirt designs. It's in the center of the cursor arrows on the desin interface. :-)

I've just given my site a major overhaul so it all looks more seemless when travelling through the pages between my site and the shop. Very pleased with it :-)

SmartMunkee

Old September 26th, 2005 Sep 26, 2005 1:32:18 PM -   #73 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Yeah - I hope they provide the edit shirt facility too.

Out of interest, what do you mean by a 'center' button in the designer. If you mean a button that centers the design on the shirt there is one there - it centers the design horizontally only but that is the most important for shirt designs. It's in the center of the cursor arrows on the desin interface. :-)
You know, I kept clicking that button thinking it wasn't doing anything, but yep, that's the one. I guess I was already centered at that time. I think I tried it when I was doing that 1 strap women's line, like over 1 shoulder, the image was appearing in the void where was no garment and I was clicking on that button. Either way, it's cool to just move around and resize the image.

I have a shop here: http://astphotos.spreadshirt.com but I would expect the product list to disappear if I have to delete it all! I just got my vector logo approved today.

Old September 30th, 2005 Sep 30, 2005 9:00:01 PM -   #74 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Have anyone tried to add google adsense to their spreadshirt website, i'm having alittle trouble.

http://lpapparel.spreadshirt.com

Old October 11th, 2005 Oct 11, 2005 11:05:47 AM -   #75 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lp_apparel
Have anyone tried to add google adsense to their spreadshirt website, i'm having alittle trouble.

http://lpapparel.spreadshirt.com
From what I've seen in free stores, you can't put in javascript or link to remote images, which kills your adsense code. It's annoying b/c that eliminates both options for my statcounter as well, so I can't do tracking

This is a discussion about Anybody done any experimenting with a SpreadShirt store? that was posted in the SpreadShirt section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in