Anybody done any experimenting with a SpreadShirt store? - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > SpreadShirt
Discuss the SpreadShirt service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" SpreadShirt forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future SpreadShirt members. Visit SpreadShirt

Anybody done any experimenting with a SpreadShirt store?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 16th, 2005 Aug 16, 2005 9:31:32 PM -   #46 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Jazz Hands Jingle Bells
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Anybody done any experimenting with a SpreadShirt store?

I dunno whose spreadshop you're talking about, but the minimum Spreadshirt charges for a t-shirt + printing = 12.90. I tacked on $7 profit on everything. Their long sleeve t-shirts are insanely expensive, so I don't try to sell any of those. There's an extra charge for plot printing in 2 colors.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 17th, 2005 Aug 17, 2005 11:58:53 AM -   #47 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,228 Posts

Quote:
I browsed the site and it seems rather expensive. Am I missing a section on the website for wholesalers?
They don't do wholesale, they do "print on demand".

So while it may look expensive at first glance, you have to remember that you don't have to pay *anything* to start selling shirts. They make the shirt only when someone orders it. That is the benefit since they are taking the risk of buying the shirts and keeping the merchandise in stock. They also handle all the ecommerce/hosting/customer service stuff

The tradeoff is, the base price is a bit higher than if you took the risk and purchased shirts printed wholesale and setup shop yourself.

Old August 20th, 2005 Aug 20, 2005 7:16:49 PM -   #48 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

I'm one of the first shops that opened when they started in the US. If anyone needs help with their Spreadshirt shop let me know, I'm more than happy to help.

Spreadshirt is a great company. I am always impressed with their service. The t-shirts are the best quality [edited out rude comment] This is a top notch quality service. They will go above and beyond for you if you just email them.

check out my shop at www.bluefishtshirts.com ....we sell globally with a US shop and an International shop.

Last edited by Rodney; August 22nd, 2005 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: we do not allow company bashing on the t-shirt forums.

Old August 21st, 2005 Aug 21, 2005 7:35:53 AM -   #49 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Yours is the nicest looking Spreadshirt shop I've seen so far. Can you tell me how to make categories? I'd like to separate the t-shirts into several categories instead of jumbling them up together. I noticed you have 3 categories on your site.

Old August 21st, 2005 Aug 21, 2005 9:14:52 AM -   #50 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

1. Well thanks, we work hard at it. Categories are important...we will be adding even more very soon here. Right now we have a few basic ones, but Spreadshirt allows you to get more dynamic with them.
They already have a few categories in place, such as hats, bags, mens shirts, womens shirts, etc. You just have to create the link to them, like this:

http://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?sid=1262&articles&search[cat]=5

That will sort your items by everything in category 5 (which is the hats category.) Just keep changing the number and you'll find all the categories. Bags is 9, Jackets is 12, Mens TShirts is 1, Womens is 2, etc. (Be sure to change the sid=1262 to your shop ID.)

They also allow you to make links to search words. So say you want a link that will sort your products by T Shirts from movies, all you have to do is add the link:

http://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?sid=1262&search[text]=movie

And that will sort your products by searching the title and description of each item for the word Movie. So make sure your titles and descriptions are done right. Replace the word movie, with "vintage", "kids", "sex", etc.

Is that confusing?

Last edited by bluefishtees; August 21st, 2005 at 09:18 AM.. Reason: typos in links

Old August 21st, 2005 Aug 21, 2005 9:53:55 PM -   #51 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

how is ownership of original ideas managed? i'd hate to think my original designs could be whored in other shops as the spreadshirt designs are.

Old August 22nd, 2005 Aug 22, 2005 6:00:59 AM -   #52 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedillusion
how is ownership of original ideas managed? i'd hate to think my original designs could be whored in other shops as the spreadshirt designs are.
Your original ideas are submitted by you and only display on your shop. they are managed just like any other store...people can obviously rip your designs off just like they could from any site. But your designs will not be put into other Spreadshirt shops by Spreadshirt. They provide about 500 designs that you can incorporate into your shop and those designs are open to any shop owner to use, but no one has access to designs that you upload.

Old August 22nd, 2005 Aug 22, 2005 11:39:37 PM -   #53 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

hmm. so if i happened to know someone was ripping my designs there's nothing i could do about it without some kind of copyright

Old August 22nd, 2005 Aug 22, 2005 11:54:24 PM -   #54 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Jon

If someone is ripping off your designs, send them a cease and decist. You can sue them they dont stop. That idea belongs to you, unless they can prove that they cam up with the idea without seeing your implementation of it first. If it is a direct copy, they are breaking the law.

See:
http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html

Old August 23rd, 2005 Aug 23, 2005 4:00:20 AM -   #55 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedillusion
hmm. so if i happened to know someone was ripping my designs there's nothing i could do about it without some kind of copyright
Well just like any other site or business people can recreate your designs. Its illegal and you can stop it by telling them to. If you have the money you can sue them and get all the money they profited from that t-shirt being sold on their site as well as damages. Spreadshirt can't stop it, they have to let you upload your own designs. But they are very good about removing and investigating items that people say are copyrighted.

Old August 23rd, 2005 Aug 23, 2005 7:58:01 AM -   #56 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

illusion: If you created something, it IS copyrighted, and you won that copyright (in nearly all cases; things like dervitive works don't quite count the same for example). Registering the copyright only helps you prove that you came up with the idea first.

Old September 8th, 2005 Sep 8, 2005 10:04:24 AM -   #57 (permalink)
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Well seeing how we're posting are spreadshirt sites, http://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?sid=7107

Old September 13th, 2005 Sep 13, 2005 3:37:33 PM -   #58 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: SmartMunkee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefishtees
I'm one of the first shops that opened when they started in the US. If anyone needs help with their Spreadshirt shop let me know, I'm more than happy to help.

Spreadshirt is a great company. I am always impressed with their service. The t-shirts are the best quality [edited out rude comment] This is a top notch quality service. They will go above and beyond for you if you just email them.

check out my shop at www.bluefishtshirts.com ....we sell globally with a US shop and an International shop.
I like your site BlueFish. Like the way the Spreadshirt page looks like the rest of the site. How do you do that? Would love to do that with my shop page (www.smartmunkee.com).

Also, I see you host international and US sites. Do you have to keep both up-to-date as seperate physical shops? I feel im missing out on the US market. Will taxation issues be difficult if I'm based in the UK?

Is your club idea successful?

Im still establshing my site and have had good response so far but always on the lookout for ideas and tips so anything you can offer would be great :-)

SmartMunkee
www.smartmunkee.com

Old September 14th, 2005 Sep 14, 2005 2:11:24 AM -   #59 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Smartmunkee, you should e-mail him with your questions, cuz he's been banned.

Old September 14th, 2005 Sep 14, 2005 5:23:28 AM -   #60 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: SmartMunkee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bougie
Smartmunkee, you should e-mail him with your questions, cuz he's been banned.
Why was he banned? I dont see anything wrong in his thread?

SmartMunkee
www.smartmunkee.com

This is a discussion about Anybody done any experimenting with a SpreadShirt store? that was posted in the SpreadShirt section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in