[SPREADSHIRT] Spread shirt use full print area on shirt - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > SpreadShirt
Discuss the SpreadShirt service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" SpreadShirt forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future SpreadShirt members. Visit SpreadShirt

[SPREADSHIRT] Spread shirt use full print area on shirt

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 6th, 2011 Jun 6, 2011 12:04:15 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Ro
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Spread shirt use full print area on shirt

First off, Hi guys after a while monitoring this forum I decided to join in

I am having some trouble with the spreadshop shirt designer in using the complete printable area of the shirt for DTG designs.

I tried everything within their printing conditions / terms. like the 4000 px, 300 dpi and printable shirt dimensions. It seems that every time the design is scaled to cover approximately 75% of the vertical area. Even though the designer software shows that it's for example 60% scaled, i cannot enlarge the design to cover the full dimensions. I even tried to upload a simple rectangular shape to cover the complete size.

Now i am wondering if it is even possible to use the full printable design area in the spreadshop or do I really have to upload two designs and pay double if i want to use the full size. Or and i hope that i'm overlooking something?

Does anyone experienced similar or has a solution to this issue.

Kindly share

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 14th, 2011 Jun 14, 2011 2:27:13 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Default Re: Spread shirt use full print area on shirt

unfortunately thats how spreadshirt works. I've gotten around it by using 2 images however, depending on the design, you could run into alignment issues.

SPREADSHIRT! WE KNOW YOU READ THIS SITE. HELP YOUR PARTNERS & WE'LL HELP YOU !!

If any other company can print one image on the entire front, Spreadshirt should be able to as well.

Old June 19th, 2011 Jun 19, 2011 6:30:44 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Ro

Thanks for your reply blinger,

And by using 2 images I assume your using two designs and paying double the costs right.

Well then it's going to be very simple for me, or use two designs or adjust the current design.

I do find it somewhat a sadly that they offer this big printable area but then can only be covered by two designs.

I wonder if it is the result of system restrictions... and that they plan on working for a better workaround.

Old June 30th, 2011 Jun 30, 2011 8:17:05 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: joe

This is probably about the biggest space I've been able to achieve. It serves my purposes but I've always been curious about how they determine scaling and dimensions.

Attached image:
2311 px X 3540 px
19.3 inches X 29.5 inches PNG
Scalable (min. 2%)

Is this about how much print area everyone else is getting?
Attached Images
File Type: png tshirt forum print area size.png (32.7 KB, 103 views)

Old July 1st, 2011 Jul 1, 2011 12:35:50 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: John
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

They obviously will incur more costs if the design is bigger due to extra materials being used etc so i can see why they only let you scale so big. But instead of making you upload 2 images why doesnt the software just up the price as the size scales up, for eg per sq cm over a certain size, this also would give the advantage of small chest logos being slightly cheaper I have this here NOT FOR TEXT but for images on a test product I am using, if you upload a small file then scale it you will see what I mean.Are you sure you dont have a setting in the software for this (sorry I dont know spreadshirt too well.

John

Old January 3rd, 2012 Jan 3, 2012 3:31:26 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I ran into the same print issues with Spreadshirt. With the smaller child size t-shirts, spreadshirt agreed that they could easily print on the full area of those t-shirts but with larger sizes (L, XL, XXL) they would be unable to cover the desired area, but were working on trying to resolve the problem. In other words, 'We'll print it whatever size you like as long as its not large!"

www.dun-dunstore.co.uk

Old March 26th, 2013 Mar 26, 2013 1:29:00 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I am not in our graphics department, but judging by your given dpi and pixels, you need to resize within our guidelines, then the designer will allow you to size up further. As far as the printable area, the pallets on our DTG printers are only so large. Which is where there is no alternative to have a print go from 1" under collar down to the seam at the bottom, unless as mentioned using 2 images. This also means the product must run thru the dryers twice, once for each print. Sadly your limited to the printable pallet size. Here is a link that may help further, as mentioned this is not my department of expertise within our company.
Help | Spreadshirt

And up until recently, we really didn't read up on this forum. I just took a joint position of my original with addition of production support and I intend on trying to get more in touch with this and our own hosted forum. So hopefully I can offer much needed help to our customers now!

Old August 1st, 2014 Aug 1, 2014 4:00:52 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I have been having this issue and tried many times to get a resolution, I think there are built in limits.

according to information i have so far.

15x15" is the UPLOAD limit. Now this is different form printable area per shirt.

But when you have a 15 by 15 uploaded you can scale it.
So a 12" by say 14 can become approx a 13.2 x 16

I was told the machine will DTG over 15" infact would print the entire shirt print area, IF the uploaded 15x15 was scaled to say 18" length.

sadly the scaling isn't going to help sharpness of print.
and with a 10mb limit you are often forced to scale image even smaller in order to upload.

Its all very confusing and the online software doesn't help when you drop a file into it. it scale it according to DPI, or that is what I was told.

been a graphic artist for 30 years and I'm confused! lol

This is a discussion about Spread shirt use full print area on shirt that was posted in the SpreadShirt section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in