[SPREADSHIRT] Success in the marketplace. Questions concerning Spreadshirt Sales/Operation-Selling Designs? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > SpreadShirt
Discuss the SpreadShirt service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" SpreadShirt forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future SpreadShirt members. Visit SpreadShirt

[SPREADSHIRT] Success in the marketplace. Questions concerning Spreadshirt Sales/Operation-Selling Designs?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 28th, 2011 Jan 28, 2011 8:25:29 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Success in the marketplace. Questions concerning Spreadshirt Sales/Operation-Selling Designs?

I am an interpretive/conceptual artist and by no means a t-shirt designer.. I had an idea that I had no alternative outlet for but I thought that It would make a great t-shirt, so I joined speadshirt about 15 days ago. I sold 4 shirts within a few days and have had another 3 cancelations and I have a few questions about selling t-shirts. Is it typical to get as many cancellation orders as orders? Has anyone else had much success selling on the spreadshirt marketplace without setting up a shop? And what are my other alternatives to selling my design? Are there printers/shops/etc. out there looking to buy simple concept designs? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 28th, 2011 Jan 28, 2011 8:59:07 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Default Re: Success in the marketplace. Questions concerning Spreadshirt Sales/Operation-Selling Designs?

Also. Does anyone know if creating more products will actually result in more sales? or is that redundant? Perhaps one item in each category?

Old February 3rd, 2011 Feb 3, 2011 9:40:49 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: drew

Default Re: Success in the marketplace. Questions concerning Spreadshirt Sales/Operation-Selling Designs?

3 cancellations out of 7 orders is very high.

Are you selling the design in the marketplace or the product in the marketplace? If you just add the design to the marketplace, I believe customers can put that on any product that will allow it. If you just add the product to the marketplace, then only those products will be available. I could be wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to custeez For This Useful Post:
AHof (February 3rd, 2011)

Old February 3rd, 2011 Feb 3, 2011 10:47:04 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Amarie
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have a shop and the only time I get cancellations is when the customer chooses to pay with a method besides credit cards. I think there is some sort of follow through that customers need to do in order to use pay pal and other methods. If the customer doesn't follow through, the order just sits as waiting for a while. I think I only sold one item on the marketplace, but that likely because I sell only to fraternities and sororities right now.

The Following User Says Thank You to SoAmpd For This Useful Post:
AHof (February 3rd, 2011)
Old February 3rd, 2011 Feb 3, 2011 1:37:46 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I have products and the designs available in the marketplace. The sales that I have had have all been products.

I think that my designs are a little too obscure for mass appeal. I have become obsessed with this t-shirt stuff, So I have decided to take some time creating maybe 50-100 vectors of the cleaver/funny variety and then upgrade my account to premium for a month, upload everything at once and see if it can be profitable. That seems to be the way a few people do it on spreadshirt, and their products/designs seem to be popular. It seems easy enough to come up with a quick clever type saying with a secondary graphic to support it. It seems to appeal to the college type. It's all just a grand experiment for me at this point, but it's also a lot of fun at the same time.

Thank you for the advise/help. Best of luck with it all. thanks again.

This is a discussion about Success in the marketplace. Questions concerning Spreadshirt Sales/Operation-Selling Designs? that was posted in the SpreadShirt section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in