[SPREADSHIRT] Thoughts and Experience With Spreadshirt - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > SpreadShirt
Discuss the SpreadShirt service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" SpreadShirt forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future SpreadShirt members. Visit SpreadShirt

[SPREADSHIRT] Thoughts and Experience With Spreadshirt

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 11th, 2010 Nov 11, 2010 7:35:02 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Thoughts and Experience With Spreadshirt

I'm curious on your fellow experience with Spreadshirt. I'm looking for another fullfillment service to use. I currently use Zazzle, I quit Cafepress, and I really like the print on the Spreadshirt shirts, (i've order off the US site before)

How is the store creation?
hows the pay out?
any complaints?
any praise?

I'm looking for anything thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 16th, 2010 Nov 16, 2010 8:58:48 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Angel
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: Thoughts and Experience With Spreadshirt

There many out there it should be to hard to find

Old November 17th, 2010 Nov 17, 2010 2:48:49 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I was hoping that someone who actively uses Spreadshirt to share their experience with me, but it seems that they are too busy or just not on the site?

Old December 8th, 2010 Dec 8, 2010 11:56:35 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrenoir
I'm curious on your fellow experience with Spreadshirt. I'm looking for another fullfillment service to use. I currently use Zazzle, I quit Cafepress, and I really like the print on the Spreadshirt shirts, (i've order off the US site before)

hows the pay out?
any complaints?
any praise?

I'm looking for anything thanks
I have been using Spreadshirt for about 2 months now and I really like it. Before I was using Skreened and SS offers so much more. The shop set up is really cool and you can customize a lot of things. It gives you a ton of info like visits, referrers, conversion rate etc. Also the pricing isnt too bad. A standard weight tee with a design on the front has a base price of $10.40. Also, their customer support has been awesome. I would definitely recommend them and they are a great start for someone just starting out.

Old December 8th, 2010 Dec 8, 2010 9:25:15 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: joe

I'm pretty new as well but I can throw in my two cents until a more experienced user posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrenoir
Very easy to get started. Sometimes it's confusing figuring out what is going on with the Marketplace (at one point I had like 3 shirts of every design up there without knowing it) but I haven't had any problems.

Quote:
hows the pay out?
Totally depends on how you set it up and how much you charge. You can make a few bucks on a t-shirt that sells for under $15 if you use the right kind of design and tee.

Quote:
any complaints?
Nope. At least not yet. One thing I would like to see is an easy way to get just the designs with a choice of background color on the front page instead of the product images. Kind of like how they do it at snorgtees.

Quote:
any praise?
Good customer service from what I've seen. One time I ordered two shirts and one didn't pass quality control and it had to be remade. Instead of delaying the order they shipped out the 2nd one separately and they paid for the shipping on the 2nd. They emailed me as soon as the mistake occurred telling me what happened. Also, so far all orders I've made have arrived in 4-6 business days (I think even the one that had to be remade did as well but I'm not certain).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joepa For This Useful Post:
Rodney (December 9th, 2010), Wrenoir (January 2nd, 2011)
Old January 2nd, 2011 Jan 2, 2011 3:39:41 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

thanks Joe that was insightful

Old January 3rd, 2011 Jan 3, 2011 2:58:24 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: drew

It is easy to do. You can also adjust some of the css and add header and footer code to integrate with your site. Uploading designs and creating shirts is pretty self-explanatory.

hows the pay out?
They payout 14 days after the close of each quarter. I get it wired into my checking account.

any complaints?
Yep. The biggest problem is that they do not give you any of your customer's information nor do they give you access to it. That is the biggest problem. There is no way to give gift cards, gift certificates nor run your own sales/promotions/coupon codes. They have a hokey systems that they claim does these things, but it is not worth the effort.

I also wish they would allow digital printing on black American Apparel Long Sleeves, but they don't.

any praise?
They have decent quality products at decent prices. Neither are great, but they are probably near the top of the POD business. The items generally ship within a reasonable amount of time. It is easy to upload designs and create products. It is easy to integrate with your site. I'd recommend them.

Old January 10th, 2011 Jan 10, 2011 3:28:01 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

thanks for your input, I'll definetly have to keep researching CP

Old February 8th, 2011 Feb 8, 2011 1:07:50 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Tim

I was using redbubble at first but even a simple single black design on a white shirt came up terrible..after looking around at a few others I tried spreadshirt and have been pretty happy so far. The quality of the print was great and my shirts are pretty complex!
Pros for me is print on the sleeve and seeing the progress of each order once sold and goes into prod.
Cons for me is it takes over 2 weeks for me to get the final product-but I'm in Australia...

I don't think ive had any sales that have come through the market place, most of my sales are through word of
Mouth then through the shopfront

Old February 13th, 2011 Feb 13, 2011 12:15:43 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Peter

I'm using premium shops and are very satisfied with Spreadshirt support, vector services and I also make some money

We have created our own look on the shop and when we had questions or some problems with the code we got help immediatly, fast and friendly staff. And our customers have no complains either =)

Old March 10th, 2011 Mar 10, 2011 7:11:35 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Gerry

I used Spreadshirt and it was a mixed expereince. Good for loading vectors, and, the mailing list option was great. However, the thing that made me leave back then (2 years ago) was the lack of consitency in applying their own rules when it came to passing designs for print. Eg. they passed one version of a design without a problem and when i altered the colour scheme slightly for the second version (on the same day), the refused it and wouldn't budge.

It might be different thesedays however. I'm tempted to have another go doing tees again, but, I think i'll avoid Spreadshirt.

Old March 10th, 2011 Mar 10, 2011 11:33:20 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: John
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have seen this and always wondered if anyone makes serious money on this or is it a pocket money thing. I am assuming that if there were any volume in th esales that you would print yourselves or am I wrong..is it for people who just want to market and not print.

JOhn

Old March 10th, 2011 Mar 10, 2011 12:57:10 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbol1
I have seen this and always wondered if anyone makes serious money on this or is it a pocket money thing. I am assuming that if there were any volume in th esales that you would print yourselves or am I wrong..is it for people who just want to market and not print.

JOhn
Im using it as a low risk way to launch my shirts and guage the market and their popularity. It's also allowing me to build up funds to lauch bulk printing options with local suppliers.
Im not sure how long it will last for me as the sole provider of my shirts, I really want a service that allows me to have a product with my own tags and hang tag. Plus my shirts cost me about $20 from spreadshirt plus shipping! but like i said its helping me guage the market and build funds.

Old March 28th, 2011 Mar 28, 2011 1:36:43 PM -   #14 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Akademi, I'm new to the forum and am looking at designing t-shirts and selling on Spreadshirt as well. I checked out your website, nice unique artwork. Is that a basic shop or premium? Did you use Spreadshirts design lab or another program to design/upload images? I'm not a webdesigner nor have a lot of experience with art programs.

I'd almost like to have my own website to call my own and be able to have full creative license but on the other side of the coin that could lead to problems, upkeep, etc.

How are your sales, if you don't me asking?

I want to keep things as simple as possible....do the creating and have someone else do everything else.

Old March 28th, 2011 Mar 28, 2011 1:42:09 PM -   #15 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Peta, I'm looking at starting a t-shirt store with Spreadshirt. How much more creative license do you have with using a premium store over the basic store?

I'm just trying to figure out if it's better to use their services (stores/webpage) or make my own website....

This is a discussion about Thoughts and Experience With Spreadshirt that was posted in the SpreadShirt section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in