[SPREADSHIRT] Need a lot of help - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > SpreadShirt
Discuss the SpreadShirt service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" SpreadShirt forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future SpreadShirt members. Visit SpreadShirt

[SPREADSHIRT] Need a lot of help

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 9th, 2009 Dec 9, 2009 9:12:58 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Need a lot of help

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/402...rticalmode.png

above is a link to a model of a design I made for a band t-shirt. The entire design is vector but I am confused as to what the best way to buy it from spreadshirt would be. I have sent emails to them but they arent very personal, just computer generated answers that arent helpful at all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 9th, 2009 Dec 9, 2009 9:47:58 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Thanked 2,524 Times in 2,242 Posts

Default Re: Need a lot of help

Best is a relative term. Best as far as what?

I believe you have two choices; vinyl (flex or flock) and direct to garment, correct? Do you have a preference?

If I were you, I would order samples in each, wear and wash, then decide.

Old December 9th, 2009 Dec 9, 2009 11:00:59 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Well I want to take advantage of the fact that it's all vector so I don't want digital direct. I am having problem uploading the file and don't understand why.

also, whats the difference between flex and flock?

Old December 9th, 2009 Dec 9, 2009 11:37:38 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Flock has a felt feel. Flex is smooth.

If you want to take advantage of (whatever that means?) the fact it's vector, then flex and flock lend themselves to that.

Old December 9th, 2009 Dec 9, 2009 11:49:07 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

When I said take advantage of I meant that since it's vector I might as well do a printing technique that is made for vector...I thought that would be a better quality than digital direct.

Can the entire Illustrator file be uploaded at once or will I need to separate each it item?

Old December 9th, 2009 Dec 9, 2009 12:18:39 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Again, better quality is a relative term. Personally, I prefer digital direct because the design is printed into the tee and does not usually have a feel to it. But colors may not be as pronounced. Personal choices, others will like vinyl better.

Regarding uploading, it's 1 file per design, not 1 file per color. Is that what you are asking? Also, not sure how they want the file, I thought it has to be an .eps.

Old December 9th, 2009 Dec 9, 2009 12:27:08 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

OK I think I understand a little more now. My only problem is that, as you can see in my template example, I am looking to get a very large design, so because of that I will probably need to split it up into 2 because spreadshirt only allows 11.8x11.8 inches per design. Now the cost will be much more.

Old December 10th, 2009 Dec 10, 2009 5:18:12 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Temple

Hi dnelDesigns,

I want to apologize if you felt that you were not getting personal responses from our service team. We are here to help and strive to provide personal service, so I will chat with the service team to make sure we are all working on the same goals.

As for your design...great design, by the way. If the design is vector, then I would also recommend using it as a vector, since you can have more versatility with vector designs, i.e. all the flex, flock, and specialty flex options we have. Perhaps this FAQ will help with seeing the materials...it has some great pictures of flock and even specialty.

Now for submitting the design, to achieve the look in your image, you would have to separate the design into two pieces, perhaps making the heart one design and the text another design. It would increase the cost, since you are now adding two designs to the product instead of one, but with the print size limit, that would be the only choice for printing like this.

However, you would then be able to use each piece separately as well and I think the heart design would look great, stand alone, you could place it on the bottom reaching up on a shirt, perhaps even sleeves (depending on the size). But anyway, regardless of digital direct or vector, you would still have to use two separate designs to achieve this look and I would recommend vector.

Hope that helps and let me know if you need anything else,
Temple

Old December 10th, 2009 Dec 10, 2009 1:29:54 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

thank you very much. My 2 files just got accepted so I'm happy about that. But now my problem is that I didnt get to choose the colors or type (flex/flock)

Old December 10th, 2009 Dec 10, 2009 8:17:16 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: drew

I would print these as DTG. I cannot understand why SS won't accept multi color vector files for digital printing but whatever. I design strictly in Illustrator.

I much prefer the DTG method because the flex and flock remind me too much of iron-ons. I don't know for some reason it just doesn't sit well with me. Also, for flex and flock they cut out the designs and then place them on the shirt. I have seen shirts where the alignment was a bit off, especially on parts that overlap or are close. It did not look all that good. DTG would eliminate that.

You choose the colors when you create the products (shirts) as well as the print method. When the designer pops up, on the left side of the window there is a box to check for the printing method.

Good luck to you!

Old December 11th, 2009 Dec 11, 2009 4:53:50 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Well it is really a matter of preference. I like Digital Direct and think it is great for photos and designs with gradients, shading, many colors, but I prefer Vector printing. I really love the flock material, more than half of the apparel I purchase is in flock, but also have some specialty and flex products too.

All products are pressed by hand, so for designs that have very close/touching elements of different colors, there could be some alignment spacing, but the design in question would not fall into this group, since the two colors are not very close. Additionally, we have taken measures to reduce such alignment, so even with two/three color designs that are close together such occurrences are very slim.

As custeez mentions, the ability to choose the colors and printing material will come when you actually create products with the design. Once you load the designer to create products, then place the design on a product, you will see a gray box beneath the product, the Edit Design box. There you can see the print color and the drop down box to change the print method, i.e. flex, flock, specialty, writable flex and options to rotate, mirror, resize, etc.

Old December 11th, 2009 Dec 11, 2009 7:15:56 PM -   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thank you. You have been a tremendous help. Here is my final product that I am going to buy soon for my girlfriend. Hopefully the 2 colors on the top heart dont have any spacing because it's supposed to look like one piece. But my final question is where do I go to put in my payment information? When I made the shop there was an option for how I wanted to get paid, but at the time I didnt have a debit card.

B.Ave Womens | dnelDesigns t-shirt shop

Old December 12th, 2009 Dec 12, 2009 8:11:49 AM -   #13 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

They can't pay you with a debit card. You need either a bank account or paypal. Log in to your account and go to Profile>Member Account>Financial Admin.

Old December 14th, 2009 Dec 14, 2009 4:38:29 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: drew

Looks nice!

Old December 14th, 2009 Dec 14, 2009 6:38:46 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

The shirt looks good! I think it will turn out well!

As splathead mentions, you will need to use your bank details to fill in the Financial Information. You would need to enter the US bank, routing and account numbers associated with your checking account, if you wanted to use the Direct Deposit method.

This is a discussion about Need a lot of help that was posted in the SpreadShirt section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in