T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing

Screen Printing Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of screen printing. Inks, speciality printing, print locations, durability, etc.

building your own vacuum exposure-help

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 4th, 2007 Jan 4, 2007 6:46:29 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Alyssa
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Talking building your own vacuum exposure-help

Hello. I am new to the industry and am trying to save money with equipment where ever I can. To me, all of the exposures I see for sale are kind of over priced for what I could make one for. I have an idea but I'm wondering if anyone knows of any manuals or videos or websites that would help me build a vacuum exposure. I did see one video on ebay but I'm curious of my options. Maybe someone here has built one themselves or an old instructional video/book not in use? Any advice, links, etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 4th, 2007 Jan 4, 2007 1:47:13 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,228 Posts

Default Re: building your own vacuum exposure-help

I *think* the book "How to Make T-Shirts for Fun and Profit" includes instructions on how to build that piece of equipment, maybe another member here will know for sure.

One place to check for videos would be U.S. Screen Print and Inkjet Technology

Old January 4th, 2007 Jan 4, 2007 5:51:17 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Solmu's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Lewis
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

I'm sure I've read someone's description of how they built one, but I don't remember where sorry. One of the regulars here must know something about it though. It's a pretty simple piece of equipment, so there's no real reason you couldn't make it yourself if you were the DIY type (personally... I'm not ).

Old November 30th, 2008 Nov 30, 2008 1:31:51 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSheepHybrid
Hello. I am new to the industry and am trying to save money with equipment where ever I can. To me, all of the exposures I see for sale are kind of over priced for what I could make one for. I have an idea but I'm wondering if anyone knows of any manuals or videos or websites that would help me build a vacuum exposure. I did see one video on ebay but I'm curious of my options. Maybe someone here has built one themselves or an old instructional video/book not in use? Any advice, links, etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Hello, my name is Frank. I'm a newbie here. As regards making your own exposure unit - go to YouTube.com and type in exposure unit in the search box. There are a couple of helpful vidoes. Look for one by a Mr Jennings from New York. He was kind enough to email me plans and instructions on how to make my own. Hope this helps. Cheers

Frank

Old November 30th, 2008 Nov 30, 2008 7:26:25 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Johnny

https://www.t-shirtforums.com/screen-...ng/t45910.html

Old November 30th, 2008 Nov 30, 2008 9:20:57 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Rayy

I believe its to do with understanding the principle of how it works. once you master that you can use anything.
I use to have 5 normal tubelight and a clear glass. 18' height and use stop watch 32 minutes.TRUST ME IT WORKS. you can decrease time by playing around with the height.

This is a discussion about building your own vacuum exposure-help that was posted in the Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in