T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing

Screen Printing Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of screen printing. Inks, speciality printing, print locations, durability, etc.

Screen printing mystery?

Like Tree66Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 1 Day Ago Mar 24, 2020 9:23:57 PM -   #91 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Screen printing mystery?

any thoughts about this?
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=NNvO_1584999415

I actually like this thread is jumping all over the places. I feel like people are writing what ever they wanna. I seen bunch of threads just die as soon Splathead moved them to TF Lounge. I guess forbbiten fruit is more sweet. Let this thread live some more and don't move it

edit: looks that was just a hoax
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=kyY3t_1584844290

Last edited by seacookie; 1 Day Ago at 10:10 PM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Day Ago Mar 24, 2020 9:26:09 PM -   #92 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by JynxDezyns
Out of curiosity Ziggy, what do you ride & how did you crash?
actually he got one crash on video

The joke here is, our Ziggy has a tendency to crash a lot

But we still like him, sometimes I wonder why

Old 1 Day Ago Mar 24, 2020 10:29:16 PM -   #93 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Jeremy
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacookie
Ziggy has a tendency to crash a lot

Yep, well have had one or two over the years myself, have worked in the local Motorcycle Industry most of my working life too, have lost a few good friends and some good customers as well, the only crash you don't learn from is the last one you'll ever have.

Old 1 Day Ago Mar 24, 2020 11:01:02 PM -   #94 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Bob
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
the only crash you don't learn from is the last one you'll ever have.
Actually, surviving my own motorcycle accidents made me fearless and over-confident. Lost one of my best friends 10 years ago, and that did scare me. Now I drive a car most of the time, and take it easy when riding a bike. No more knee dragging on the street for me.

Old 1 Day Ago Mar 25, 2020 5:00:31 AM -   #95 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Ziggy
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Out of curiosity Ziggy, what do you ride & how did you crash?
I have a Benelli TnT135.

My first crash was turning in wet grass. Result: broken arm. Second was turning and hit gravel in road. Result: two broken ribs. Third one, I managed to get some video of. Turning again. All three times was turning left--the first was turning around/U-turning. The video shows where I was struggling with a common problem on this particular bike of it not wanting to drop into 1st gear. So, the gear was too high to take off and combined with the wet road it was just too much for the traction. I only got a couple of scrapes: left knee and elbow.

The most amazing thing is that I cannot find any damage to my jacket that I was wearing every time. Somehow something got through the jacket and my long-sleeved shirt under it and into my arm. Enough to show up on an X-ray but not big enough for the VA doctor to hazard exploratory "surgery" to try to get it out. Well, there is one thing that I didn't even notice until I rode again. A plastic clip on the waist adjustment. It was gone. I contacted Joe Rocket and they sent me a couple of 'em for free. Alas, I would have to be a tailor to be able to insert the clip where it should go. But I can't say enough about this Jacket! It was the only motorcycling jacket I could find in my 4XL size by a decent maker. And it does its job admirably.

By the way, I put that video up on my "personal" YouTube account because I wasn't prepared with a full video to post on my Ziggy With It channel that I've been neglecting for several months. I have some video but really need to get off my lazy butt and edit so's I can put some new stuff out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by into the T
should we let seacookie take precautions and go hug his mom, or should we shame/arrest/beat him on his way there?
I'm in on the shaming and beating part! Should I start a Go Fund Me to get a cheap ticket to Slovenia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by into the T
If ziggy wants to ride his bike without a helmet and feel the breeze, good for him, i'd wave as he goes by
For the record, I always always always wear all safety gear. In my case it seems to be warranted since I have 3 crashes and only 1,000 miles on my bike. I haven't even ridden in several months and the battery is as dead as a stone. Now, I can't even afford a $65 battery. Well, at least until Speaker Pelosi releases my $1200 check!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TABOB
Actually, surviving my own motorcycle accidents made me fearless and over-confident. Lost one of my best friends 10 years ago, and that did scare me. Now I drive a car most of the time, and take it easy when riding a bike. No more knee dragging on the street for me.
I used to be fearless and over confident. And I rode VERY little back then. But after a ~30 year hiatus I decided to buy my bike at almost 60 years old. At least I had the common sense to buy safety gear. Never drug a knee, always wanted to, now am scared to.

Old 15 Hours Ago Mar 25, 2020 2:26:17 PM -   #96 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy
Should I start a Go Fund Me to get a cheap ticket to Slovenia?
You should start Go Fund me, so you can send me some cash, cause people like your buddy with your moral support bought all the stuff and now they are reselling basic stuff for ridiculous amount of money.

Old 10 Hours Ago Mar 25, 2020 7:08:34 PM -   #97 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Jeremy
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:

My first crash was turning in wet grass.
Yep, wet grass or wet road markings with road tyres is a lethal mix, it's akin to riding on ice & best avoided as is gravel but that's not always possible.

Quote:
Not wanting to drop into 1st gear
You should where possible change down through the gears and finally into first gear as you're still rolling, but it's not always possible especially if you need to make an emergency stop. If you do find yourself in that predicament, as you're pushing down on the gear lever trying to find the gear, rock the bike forwards & backwards, it will solve the issue. What happens as your rocking it back & forth is the chain tightens and puts a small amount of pressure on the gear shaft which makes it move slightly and then allows the gearbox to slip into the gear you're trying to find. A poorly adjusted chain and/or a chain needing lubrication can be the cause of this problem too, but with such low mileage the gearbox won't even be "run in" yet & it'll still be tight, running in can take 5,000 miles or more.

Being in a higher gear woudn't have actually been the cause of your crash, in fact it's beneficial because the wheel is less likely to spin but it does put extra load on the clutch as you're using a higher rpm & slipping the clutch to move off which will wear the clutch out quicker in the long term. The better option is a small rev on the throttle & it only needs to be small & once you've done that release the clutch lever as the rpm is on its way back down and then as the bike starts to move forward increase the rpm again.

The real cause of your crash could be several factors all combining.

Obviously the damp road, and a damp road is always at its worst after the summer months, at the end of winter its much better because its been washed clean of any oils etc.

Small diameter tyres will spin quite easily as you've already found but also when you're leaning the bike over the contact patch is smaller and the weight of your body & bike isn't distributed evenly over the contact patch as it is when the bike is fully upright and to complicate matters even further the tyre diameter is even smaller the further away the contact patch gets from the centre of the tyre.

Tyre temperature could have been a contributor too depending on how long you'd been riding beforehand and also the ambient temperature on the day. And tyre pressure can also come into play, a good rule of thumb is to atleast check pressures every time you refuel & that goes too for checking chain adjustment & lubrication, and most riders are nowhere near that frequency.

Also, any road junction where cars slow down or stop is a danger point. In the old days when cars leaked oil you'd have a constant visual reminder with the oil slick on the road which was also complicated even further in early winter because all oils contain detergent to prevent the oil "gumming" the piston rings, so early winter rains made the oil slick even more slippery. You may have noticed in those days without realizing the road would get bubbles on it in those early rains, that was the detergent.

With modern cars the oil problem has pretty much been eliminated but there's still a hidden danger especially if you have hot summers & that is coolant dropped where cars continually come to a slow or stop which then gets spread around by car tyres. Again combined with winter rain the coolant residue left on the road is extremely slippery but is much worse than the old oil slick because it's completely invisible.

Now, there is a riding technique to overcome your video crash that sadly many riders aren't taught and it will also restore any lost confidence that you may have, in fact it will make cornering a joy for you. I would suggest you find a nice open area like an empty car park and spend an hour or so honing your skill but it wont take long at all. Simply begin by doing large figure 8's and each time you're beginning to corner rest your foot on the rear brake pedal so a small amount of brake is applied, this will allow you to maintain a steady throttle position in the corner without being on & off the throttle which is especially helpful in roundabouts, & it will also make the bike feel much more stuck to the road even when leaned over. As you gain confidence gradually reduce the size of the figure 8's and when you've got that riding smile back again just remember to always use this technique in any corner.

Last edited by JynxDezyns; 10 Hours Ago at 07:41 PM..

Old 16 Minutes Ago Mar 26, 2020 5:33:13 AM -   #98 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Ziggy
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacookie
You should start Go Fund me, so you can send me some cash, cause people like your buddy with your moral support bought all the stuff and now they are reselling basic stuff for ridiculous amount of money.
Didn't you hear? It backfired on him when his tactic became known.

https://www.1029thebuzz.com/2020/03/...with-them-all/

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Buzz
Stocking up over 17,700 bottles of it, his initial plan was to upsell them to make a profit, reportedly listing them for outrageous prices like up to $80 per bottle, but, now he’s stuck with them.
NY Times says,
Amazon pulled his items and thousands of other listings for sanitizer, wipes and face masks. The company suspended some of the sellers behind the listings and warned many others that if they kept running up prices, they’d lose their accounts. EBay soon followed with even stricter measures, prohibiting any U.S. sales of masks or sanitizer.

Jynx: The main factor in my crashes has been my inexperience. On the second crash, I was on a group ride and was trying to get through the obstacle that most of the group had already passed and didn't want to hold up progress. So instead of slowing down more/stopping, I went through it. Also, I did not pull in the clutch. I'm used to using the clutch in 18-wheelers and regular sized vehicles and did not understand how important it was. Shucks, I had even asked about it since I had seen so many videos where motorcyclists would pull in the clutch as soon as they let off the throttle but nobody answered me so I thought they were just doing it unnecessarily. And, again, with the bus: I was trying to hurry and get out of his way so that he could continue his route. I obviously needed to worry more about myself instead of others in both instances.

Old 4 Minutes Ago Mar 26, 2020 5:44:57 AM -   #99 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Didn't you hear? It backfired on him when his tactic became known.

https://www.1029thebuzz.com/2020/03/...with-them-all/
so your buddy has bunch of hand sanitizers?

This is a discussion about Screen printing mystery? that was posted in the Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in