T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing

Screen Printing Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of screen printing. Inks, speciality printing, print locations, durability, etc.

Ecotex discharge colored ink powder?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 2 Weeks Ago Sep 28, 2019 5:14:25 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Ecotex discharge colored ink powder?

I ordered some nuclear green wb discharge green from ecotex. Can I use any agent with this stuff? Have magnacolors non formaldehyde agent and either matsui or union powder. I think it was zfs powder not sure.

Will either of those work with it? Was using Permaset supercover glow green but it’s very thick, have to use a base to reduce strokes and it keeps getting mold.

Hoping I can get the ecotex to be my one hit wonder.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago Sep 28, 2019 5:53:20 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

Default Re: Ecotex discharge colored ink powder?

Hmm, why use Supercover for discharge printing? The point of Supercover is that it is a super-opaque high-pigment ink that doesn't need an underbase. The point of discharge is to nuke the color out of the fabric so you don't need an underbase OR an ink like Supercover.

I'd use ZFS since it generally gives better results. As far as I know, discharge inks depend upon the agent that is added, and not what is in the ink itself--so shouldn't be anything to be incompatible with. But it's generally smart to test anyway. Their activator is stated to be a powder, so probably ZFS ... but they go to pains not to mention what it is. (The only non-ZFS activator I've used was a liquid).

Old 2 Weeks Ago Sep 28, 2019 7:07:23 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thanks for reply. Wasn’t using supercover with discharge. Just by itself I wasn’t getting the cover and feel combination I was looking for. It felt like neenas dark transfer. A sheet of transfer paper. Plastisol has a softer feel to it.

Am hoping that with the ecotex discharge ink I can do 1 pass and be done with it.

Old 2 Weeks Ago Sep 29, 2019 1:31:56 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Got the ink in today and did a test run using unions discharge agent. Man what a difference. I’m not sure if ecotex is a name brand or has a good reputation but this ink did the freakin job and I’m impressed. The one hit wonder I was looking for. Don’t have to do an under base or mix colors with discharge. Easy, fast and smelly.

Gonna do another test run and I’ll post a before and after pic.

Old 2 Weeks Ago Sep 29, 2019 7:12:36 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

Default Re: Ecotex discharge colored ink powder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manooti
Got the ink in today and did a test run using unions discharge agent. Man what a difference. I€™m not sure if ecotex is a name brand or has a good reputation but this ink did the freakin job and I€™m impressed. The one hit wonder I was looking for. Don€™t have to do an under base or mix colors with discharge. Easy, fast and smelly.

Gonna do another test run and I€™ll post a before and after pic.
Cool

Yeah, and ain't that smell just something special

EDIT: SuperCover dries out with contact to the air and to the screen. Need to add some water back in with every use. Keep used ink separate from virgin ink so you can tell how dried out the working ink is getting. For a light-weight print, works best with higher mesh screens and print/flash/print until the desired opacity/pop is reached.

Last edited by NoXid; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:19 PM..

This is a discussion about Ecotex discharge colored ink powder? that was posted in the Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in